Batman 2014 Reboot: Ideas and direction you'd go

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes! That would amazing. Love to see Superman done in a 30's retro Fleischer style too.

I think it offers a nice point of reference as to the mindset that went into creating these characters when you get to see them presented in their era of origin. It worked for Cap and the X-Men. It could be really awesome for Batman too.

I'm sure someone will do it one of these days.

I think it offers a nice point of reference as to the mindset that went into creating these characters when you get to see them presented in their era of origin. It worked for Cap and the X-Men. It could be really awesome for Batman too.

I'm sure someone will do it one of these days.

Why stop at the 30s? Gotham by Gaslight! :yess: Ok, may not be as cool on screen, but I liked the comic.

Batman vs. Predator!!

It'd be a HT collector's greatest wet dream come true. :lol

That's silly, like Batman would stand a chance. :rolleyes:

skulls_2.jpg

batman-vs-predator2-02-cover.jpg

Seriously though, I think that would be awesome...

Anyone else think they'll just try to replicate the Nolanverse to keep the fans & cashflow?

I'm sure some elements of Nolan's influence will be there (he's probably going to be Producer on the reboot anyway), but the tone will probably be quite different.

And no doubt in my mind they will go for more of a fantastical take to allow for the meta-humans and aliens to exist in the rebooted universe, and to ultimately allow for a JLA film.

I'm sure some elements of Nolan's influence will be there (he's probably going to be Producer on the reboot anyway), but the tone will probably be quite different.

And no doubt in my mind they will go for more of a fantastical take to allow for the meta-humans and aliens to exist in the rebooted universe, and to ultimately allow for a JLA film.

After GL, I would hope they are focusing on getting one other title into a money making role before thinking of a JLA movie.

My dream would be a TV series more than a movie where all the great Batman characters would become part of the Gotham world set in the 1930s-40s, sort of a Boardwalk Empire meets Batman. All those characters like Catwoman, Joker, Riddler, Penguin, Poison Ivy, Dent, etc would be amazing to see created in that time period. I can picture the sets and costumes would just be really beautiful.

:goodpost:

That would be really unique and cool.
:hi5:

After GL, I would hope they are focusing on getting one other title into a money making role before thinking of a JLA movie.

Well, obvious candidate is Man of Steel.

Though there are still mixed messages about whether that will be part of a unified DCU or a standalone take on the character.

I really hope it's the former.

If they were smart they'd make MoS the first of a DCU set of films like Iron Man was. Otherwise i think it'll be harder to keep Superman involved for the general public after a third reboot

And a tie in wouldn't hurt. As corny as some people found them, Marvel got audiences trained to stay til the very end of the credits. It worked, after a couple movies everyone sat there like obedient zombies.

Batman Beyond or a Batman that has more of fantasy element to it. Get Guillermo Del Toro to direct.

My dream would be a TV series more than a movie where all the great Batman characters would become part of the Gotham world set in the 1930s-40s, sort of a Boardwalk Empire meets Batman. All those characters like Catwoman, Joker, Riddler, Penguin, Poison Ivy, Dent, etc would be amazing to see created in that time period. I can picture the sets and costumes would just be really beautiful.

This is one of the best ideas I've read yet.

Guillermo Del Toro would be interesting, but I fear it could go down the Batman Returns path, become too much of a Del Toro film and less of a Batman one.

I feel that way when I see Hellboy

Del tori would be great for a fantastical Batman Film, i think he'd do very better with an Etrigan film.

As for a Batman Beyond film, there'd need to be a good Sci-Fi Director with a sense of style. Ridley/Tony Scott?

Back