San Francisco to Transform Into Gotham for Boy's Batman Make-a-Wish

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinqcuonq

Super Freak
Reaction score
Make-A-Wish Foundation stepping it up! Anyone in the bay area participating?

https://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blo...tman-wish-200535617--abc-news-topstories.html

A little boy is about to get the surprise of a lifetime when San Francisco turns itself into Gotham City on Nov. 15 to fulfill the 5-year-old leukemia patient's wish to be Batman for a day.

"He is a sunny, positive little boy and finds his inspiration in super heroes," Make-a-Wish said of the boy, Miles. "When we interviewed Miles for a wish, he surprised even his parents: he wishes to BE BatKid!"

Make-a-Wish decided to make Miles' dream come true and, in a rare move for the foundation, asked the public to participate.

"This is one that we thought of as a great opportunity for people to share in the power of a wish so they can see how it affects not only the children and their families, but also the other people involved," Jen Wilson, marketing and promotions manager for Make-a-Wish in San Francisco, told ABCNews.com. "It has a big impact on many people."

The organization has created an entire day catered to Miles' dream.

On the morning of Nov. 15, a breaking news story will appear on TV in San Francisco. The police chief will be asking if anyone knows where Batkid is because he needs his help to solve a crime and "bringing the bad guys to justice," Make-a-Wish said in a statement.

Miles' day will then include rescuing a damsel in distress tied up across the Hyde Street cable car line and capturing the Puzzler in the act of robbing a downtown vault. As Batkid eats his lunch at Burger Bar, he'll get a special message from the chief telling him to go to the window where he'll look out over Union Square and see a huge group of volunteers jumping up and down and asking for his help.

A villain will be kidnapping a famous San Francisco mascot and Batkid will rush to the rescue. His last stop will be City Hall, where the mayor and police chief will thank him and present him with a key to the city and a crowd will be cheering him on.

"Since he wants to be a superhero, we felt like having a large crowd there waiting with signs and cheering him on would make him feel like a hero, not just because he battle villains and helped fight crime, but he's a true hero," Wilson said.

The interest level in Miles' wish has been "extreme," Wilson said, and that this is "definitely not the typical wish we grant." The group is expecting hundreds, and possibly thousands, of people to come out and participate.

"We've gotten people who want to volunteer to participate, actors reaching out asking if they can play a role, photographers and videographers offering their services, people who want to give Miles gifts, makeup artists willing to donate their services, a fire truck that want to come out and show their support," Wilson said. "It's quite a range."

On Nov. 15, people will be able to track the day's events with photos and videos. Twitter is helping create Twitter feeds for various characters in the scenarios.

Miles' parents have a sense of what will happen on the day, but it will largely be a surprise for the boy, Wilson said.

"He knows he may be getting a costume," Wilson said with a laugh. "Little does he know…"

That is sooo damn cool. Big high five to everyone putting this together and participating. If I was in the area, I definitely would be there. I love stuff like this! What a day that boy is going to have - PRICELESS.

Amazing idea. Probably one of the coolest things done for anyone I've ever read about. Going to be an amazing day for that kid. Hope he pulls through.

Uh.. you understand what the make-a-wish foundation is for right? Just saying. :monkey3

Not everybody who gets a wish from the Make A Wish Foundation is on their last dying breath. My friend Edward, had a little girl with a brain tumor at Children's. She got a wish from the Make a Wish Foundation about two to three years ago. Guess what? She is completely recovered and is doing really well. Yeah!! It truely is an amazing gift and an amazing foundation. I hope Miles pulls through!! It will be a great day in San Francisco and for Bat-Kid!!

Not everybody who gets a wish from the Make A Wish Foundation is on their last dying breath. My friend Edward, had a little girl with a brain tumor at Children's. She got a wish from the Make a Wish Foundation about two to three years ago. Guess what? She is completely recovered and is doing really well. Yeah!! It truely is an amazing gift and an amazing foundation. I hope Miles pulls through!! It will be a great day in San Francisco and for Bat-Kid!!

The power behind uplifting a child's spirit :rock

Uh.. you understand what the make-a-wish foundation is for right? Just saying. :monkey3

Getting we'll isn't what Make a Wish is for
Lol, you d-bags. It's not like they make sure the kid dies. There's still such a thing as remission, you know. Man, amazing, it's like you've just written the kid off because the foundation got involved. And regardless, kinda weird the only input you'd have is to what, try and stick it to someone hoping the kid lives? :lol

Getting well isn't what Make a Wish is for
Well, yes. I do understand what the foundation is for and the kid's condition too. But if this event does something as invoke some more spirit, some more strength, some more willingness to fight on, we can definitely certain that it did more than just fulfill a wish. :peace

BZIhouxCMAA_qgh.jpg:large

Back