Batman 2014 Reboot: Ideas and direction you'd go

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Batman that can fit into a JLA movie. I think the Arkham Asylum version could work in terms of look and mood. Keep away from the cartoony cheeze (Schumacher) or the ultra real (Nolan). Needs to exist in a slightly different universe, but not too over the top stylized like Burton's. After seeing the box office for Avengers, Warner has got to be thinking of its own Justice League strategy, so the pieces all have to fit together--Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, etc.

Another great idea. :clap

Option A.)Jon Hamm, David Fincher, Straight-up dark, gritty Batman movie or Arkham adaptation

Option B.)Joseph Gordon Levitt, Clint Eastwood, Ridley Scott, Batman Beyond

Option C.) Justice League, with the individual franchises spinning out from it.

Option A.)Jon Hamm, David Fincher, Straight-up dark, gritty Batman movie or Arkham adaptation

Option B.)Joseph Gordon Levitt, Clint Eastwood, Ridley Scott, Batman Beyond

Option C.) Justice League, with the individual franchises spinning out from it.

Option B sounds the best. Not sure about Clint Eastwood though. Great actor, but I don't see him as an old Bruce Wayne.

How about individual franchises leading up to Justice League.

Rumors are that it's already been written by Jonathan Nolan and David Goyer and that it was being quietly touched upon by Christopher Nolan towards the tail end of TDKR's post production.

Hmmm... Written by the same guys. But it's a reboot? Hoping they decide to go a whole new route with it. Goyer catches flack from some people but he's the one that pushed for Scarecrow having a mask. I heard Nolan originally was gonna do without it until they worked in the "realism" angle of it having a function as a gas mask. Hoping Jonathan Nolan isn't such a stick in the mud when it comes to comic elements like costumes and villains and stuff. Since Christopher Nolan is just producing, maybe he'll let his brother and Goyer go wild. We can hope! I think they'd keep things from getting too crazy if they decide to go into the more fantastical take on this world.

Hey, I just called my favorite filmmaker a stick in the mud. Can't call me a nolancompoop :monkey1

There are a lot of elements they could put in there to make it different. In one of the original Batman stories it explains that Bruce was going to be a cop but found that to restricting in terms of getting the justice he wanted, there are even panels drawn by Bob Kane to the like. They could expand that or even bring in the Thomas Wayne influences like the suit that he wore to a Halloween party and stopped a thief in, etc.

There are plenty of small histories in the Batman dogma they could expand and make the origins radically different. Even the BB origin itself was an amalgam of different histories that were throughout his life.

I think WB/DC is looking at the Avengers and bonking their heads on their desks.

They need a Batman that can fit into the world of Green Lantern and Man of Steel (if those worlds are compatible). And they need to let Joss Whedon write and direct.

Of course they are, they publicly said it'd never work! :lol

Green Lantern was based in a "real world" basis for Earth while leaving the extraordinary in space. It seems Man of Steel would follow suit. IF and this is a big IF WB wanted they could use the Green Lantern backstory (similar to the way that Marvel just used The Incredible Hulk and continued with another actor) and connect it with Man of Steel and then continue with a new Batman and a Justice League film with three of the characters already established. One more film and they'd be at least in the same waters as The Avengers was just with a real loose, really loose basis.

I think WB/DC is looking at the Avengers and bonking their heads on their desks.

Especially since Marvel movies were a laughingstock compared to their DC counterparts for over 20 years!

Superman_ver1.jpg
batman-dvd-1.jpg

vs.

Punisher1.jpg
Captain-America-1990.jpg

Back