BATMAN Film Universe, Post-Nolan Reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There may never be a definitive Batman film but Nolan's are the best we got made to date. Period.

Agreed. I didn't agree with alot of things but the dark knight is my all time favorite batman movie with the second being returns.

Yup.

525526-jla_tower_of_babel_tp_howard_porter_and_john_dell_super-287x300.jpg

Agreed. That is the Batman we need to see on film!

I absolutely love this exchange from JUSTICE LEAGUE: DOOM...

:rock

Oh, how I miss Dwayne McDuffie. :( :( :(

I've been saying it since the topic of a JL movie came up. Batman should be older.

1.) He would be established enough that this sort of tech is viable enough. He's studied this stuff for years, and he's able to apply it to these sorts of situations. Be honest, could a green Batman in his first year on the job locate each metahuman and uncover their secrets and weaknesses? He's the world's greatest detective, but, that requires him to be an established character who's been around for a while. You don't just start out at that level, you have to work your way up to it.

2.) The Batman is an urban legend. With the exception of Gordon and a few cops, Alfred, those he's rescued, and the criminals, no one should definitively know that Batman exists. They have their suspicions, and the people of Gotham should see the Batsignal, but it still should be hearsay, and they should still question whether or not he's a hoax.

To be frank, Batman should be the Jersey Devil. He's barely recognized outside of his region, and, if he is recognized, it's on some tabloid rag a la the Weekly World News, instead of the Daily Planet or the Gotham Gazette.

3.) He should change his approach later on. Not right away, but later on. He remains a myth long enough to gather all of the intel on the Justice League, and then, as a strategic move, he makes himself known. He earns their trust, he builds the team, and, all the while, he's making sure that he knows exactly where to apply pressure if ever the need should arise.

4.) Why the distrust? Batman should be sympathetic. We should think he's an *******, but, when he starts listing reasons, we, as the audience, should say "Oh, that makes sense." On that note, I actually think that Man of Steel did a great, albeit, unintentional (or was it) job of setting the stage for this. From the wanton destruction and lack of concern for human life to the way Superman straight up executed Zod, that's reason enough for Batman to be paranoid. Factor in that he's, maybe, 3 or 4 years past his prime, and he realizes that he needs to have things in place in the event that he's not there anymore.

5.) I just want a reason for Jon Hamm to play Batman.

If they did a Tower of Babel/Doom thing, though, I don't think they should go right into it. Keep it as an underlying arc. The audience sees Batman building his plan in the first film, but it doesn't come back to bite him in the *** until later.

I want the next Batman to have he grey and dark blue suit, and want it to take place in the early 80's or something, that would be something different.

Indeed. :lecture

Another awesome exchange (after the battle with the Royal Flush Gang):

Alfred Pennyworth: Late night playing cards, Master Bruce?

Batman: Something like that. How did you know?

Alfred Pennyworth: [picks out a card from the driver seat] I believe tradition for hiding these up one's sleeve.

Batman: Was that sarcasm, Alfred?

Alfred Pennyworth: Mild teasing, at best. I'm being uncharacteristically gentle with you mainly because you're bleeding all over my nice clean floor.

Batman: Not going to let me go to work?

Alfred Pennyworth: That is correct, Master Bruce. Not until you've had proper medical attention...

Batman: Fine.

Alfred Pennyworth: ...food, and a minimum of eight hours bed rest.

Batman: Let's get this over with.

Alfred Pennyworth: I made chicken soup. You can eat while you brood and I'll put in your stitches myself. It will be delightful, I'm sure.

Batman: All right!!

Alfred Pennyworth: By the way, the part about the stitches? That would be sarcasm.

:lol :rock :rock

Last edited:
They do, and his name is Robert Downey, Jr. The two Sherlock Holmes films were produced by WB.

Nice job missing the point entirely.

Sherlock Holmes = Robert Downey Jr = Iron Man
Sherlock Holmes = Benedict Cumberbatch = Batman (???)

Thus counteracting Sherlock with Sherlock.

Alfred Pennyworth: [picks out a card from the driver seat] I believe tradition for hiding these up one's sleeve.

Alfred Pennyworth: Mild teasing, at best. I'm being uncharacteristically gentle with you mainly because you're bleeding all over my nice clean floor.

Alfred Pennyworth: That is correct, Master Bruce. Not until you've had proper medical attention...

Alfred Pennyworth: I made chicken soup. You can eat while you brood and I'll put in your stitches myself. It will be delightful, I'm sure.

Alfred Pennyworth: By the way, the part about the stitches? That would be sarcasm.

You guys just single handedly made me want to watch Doom again. Don't be surprised by what you see in the "What are you watching" thread in a few minutes.:lol

Superman: You made a contingency plan for everyone in the league except you.

Batman: i have a contingency plan, it's called the Justice League.

I love how he leaves after saying that and Superman is like yeah that's my best friend. Not realizing, that, Bruce's unleashed plans basically destroyed the League. I love that movie. And it's been said before but, i miss Dwayne McDuffie!!

McDuffie was amazing. He understood ALL of these characters as well as anyone, and brought out and highlighted the best and unique qualities in each of them, with both heart and humor that is unmatched. If that kind of stuff ever made it into one of these live action DC films it would absolutely wipe the floor with everything else.

Compare his work to the **** sandwiches we get from the likes of Geoff Johns, David Goyer, etc. and the loss becomes even more magnified. :(

J.M. Dematties is still out there working on the fringes for DC, though. And he's pretty darn good, too. But there was only one Dwayne McDuffie. He's irreplaceable. :(

This is part of Mcduffie's Legacy.
[ame]https://youtu.be/VCeZbrvvDmc[/ame]

And it's fairly cool. I'd love to know what he would have thought of it were he alive to see how huge it's gotten.

Back