BATMAN Film Universe, Post-Nolan Reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just looked it up, and the Batman:The Animated Series won 4 Emmys. These guys shoukd really be the ones running the show for any DC projects, animated or live action.

They should at least be employed as consultants, if nothing else.

The "brain" trust at the WB film division looks down on them. It's that simple. How else can you explain the amount of hacks they've had working on the live action stuff over the past 25 years while these other amazing guys have languished in "kids cartoons"? They simply don't see that it would easily translate over to live action, because they (WB execs) don't get or understand these characters. At all.

One hope is that Jeff Robinov leaving will allow for some new blood to come in, clean house at DC and also realize the talent pool they have right there with the DCU Animated group. But I'm not holding my breath.

Agreed- they aren't going to trust this franchise to kiddie cartoon guys(as massive a talent as they are).
I'm fearing a dud creative team next....Nolan needs to be involved but he won't be.
It will be a "dark" Batman..they aren't going to mess with big sucess. It won't be Detective Batman or Camp Batman..

Agreed- they aren't going to trust this franchise to kiddie cartoon guys(as massive a talent as they are).
I'm fearing a dud creative team next....Nolan needs to be involved but he won't be.
It will be a "dark" Batman..they aren't going to mess with big sucess. It won't be Detective Batman or Camp Batman..

I don't mind a dark Batman at all, in fact, I would wholeheartedly insist upon it, as the darkness has become an almost indispensable hallmark of the character. My only desire is that the next Batman iteration include all of the fantastical and sci-fi elements that Nolan's version eschewed, even though, that's practically a given at this point. What concerns me most is the new production team's ability to weave the various star players of the DC Universe together into a cohesive, believable world that is both as massively successful, and as sustainable, as the one that Marvel Studios has managed to create, while still remaining true to the source material (something that the DCAU team has done exceptionally well in the past). I also fear that the Man of Steel universe may have already gotten off on the wrong foot by, arguably, taking itself too seriously. It will be a tricky balance to maintain that same level of seriousness and still incorporate characters like Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and The Flash into that same universe, without having to change them somewhat, possibly even drastically so, to fit into the new mythos.

Last edited:
exactly what i want. batman has body armour but under a skin tight suit not a motorcycle costume. i also want to see batman man using his detective skills and intelligents to defeat enemies. other than that i just want a batman movie i can love. now we just wait for the movie to come out.:impatient:

exactly what i want. batman has body armour but under a skin tight suit not a motorcycle costume.

Definitely. Batman has access to all of latest tech that billions of dollars can afford, not to mention his own and other brilliant minds to innovate what he can't buy. There's no reason for him to be wearing chunky, obviously articulated armor, when he can be wearing something more along the lines of what Supes wears in Man of Steel. I'm definitely in favor of a form-fitting suit like that, which shows off muscles that for all the audience can tell, are real. It should look futuristic, not like cobbled-together kevlar. I'd love to see an all black and dark gray suit made of that same textured, almost rubberized, looking material. He should also be able to turn the "white eyes" effect on and off at will, maybe even use other colors to indicate different vision filters, like night vision, or infrared. His suit should be embedded with near future technology, but none of it should be obvious, except when he uses it. Also, one of the biggest appeals of the Batman character is the mystery. We don't need to know how he got this stuff, or even an explanation behind it, as long as it's scientifically plausible. We should always be surprised when he pulls some new trick out of his sleeve, and we have no idea where it came from. He's the goddamn Batman, after all. Preparation and concealment should be his forte.

Last edited:
JLI "dark Batman" for me, please.

RttxhjZ.jpg

Thank God for the DC animated movies of recent, otherwise we wouldn't have had any good DC movies at all...

The recent DKR animated movie is up there with Mask of the Phantasm for best Batman movies ever.

Too bad none of the others made it to the theater, though. I remember sitting in the (nearly empty) theater, grinning from ear to ear during the opening. Even as a kid I was bitter about what Burton did to the character, but all was forgiven when Phantasm was released.

I would love it if they had the "Deluxe Edition" of TDKR as a limited engagement in theaters. It's make sense, since it's now a feature length movie (2 and 1/2 hours long).

Too bad none of the others made it to the theater, though. I remember sitting in the (nearly empty) theater, grinning from ear to ear during the opening. Even as a kid I was bitter about what Burton did to the character, but all was forgiven when Phantasm was released.

I remember going opening night with my family too, I think we were the only ones in there.

It had next to no promotion as I recall, which sort of fits into the other stuff folks are saying here about disrespect toward the WB animated crew. But I lived and breathed B:TAS back in those days so I couldn't miss it.

It had next to no promotion as I recall, which sort of fits into the other stuff folks are saying here about disrespect toward the WB animated crew. But I lived and breathed B:TAS back in those days so I couldn't miss it.

On one of the Fatman on Batman podcasts Dini talks about how there was zero promotion for the film, and during much of the production it was was planned on being a straight to video release, but then changed to a theatrical release later in the game. They even had to go back and re-do a lot of the animation because of it.

They should at least be employed as consultants, if nothing else.

I agree. The guys who worked on the Arkham series could even be consultants. WB Montreal, Although Origins hasn't released, seem to be on the right track for success as Rocksteady. A seriously bad freakin a ss Batman movie (even if animated) could be massively successful if The animated series guys collaborated with the game world.

Thank God for the DC animated movies of recent, otherwise we wouldn't have had any good DC movies at all...

The recent DKR animated movie is up there with Mask of the Phantasm for best Batman movies ever.

I love TDKR, but it is still behind Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker to me. That was the best story they have done since MoTP.

I agree. The guys who worked on the Arkham series could even be consultants. WB Montreal, Although Origins hasn't released, seem to be on the right track for success as Rocksteady. A seriously bad freakin a ss Batman movie (even if animated) could be massively successful if The animated series guys collaborated with the game world.

The first 2 Arkham games were written by Paul Dini of B:TAS.

Back