GOTHAM - BATMAN Prequel TV Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one thing I don't like about this show is the age difference with some of these characters. Based on what we've seen so far, the riddler and penguin are almost ten years older than batman. Penguin I can say ok too, but the riddler was always right around batman's age range. They need to work on the dialogue and add charcters that are villain specific to the show.

Pretty good start for a pilot. Penguin is brilliant, and I really liked Bullock and Alfred. Gordon was solid. I didn't dislike Fish Mooney as much as I thought I might. A few too many easter eggs ... Nigma, Ivy, maybe Joker. Bullock mentioned "Grundy Street".

Why was Selina Kyle at Bruce's parent's murder and why does the Riddler work for the Gotham PD? I'm going to pass on this show.

Not the first time I've seen that. Pre-Riddler Nigma was in the GCPD Cyber-crime Division in Arkham Origins. Seems like a rather clever origin, actually. Somebody with an obsession with riddles getting into forensics makes complete sense.

SnakeDoc

Not everything on the show is going to be exactly as it was in one or another incarnation of the comics. That's okay - have an open mind.

I really like Cobblepot, Bullock and Mooney. Gordon is turning out well too. I was particularly worried about the kid playing Bruce, but the actor seems reasonably capable, based on the one episode. They did add too many people to the first episode, but it's a pilot - they had to get the thing sold.

They've really done a nice job with the noir feel, and it really reminds me of an adult version of BTAS. Or maybe a BTAS meets Burton's Gotham.

It's going to take 5 or 6 episodes for this show to start to hit it's stride - I'm more than willing to give it some time.

Pilot wasn't great nor bad, just good enough to get me interested. Plus it's batman related, so I'll watch. Acting was a bit cheesy, but gordon is solid. Looking forward to seeing more Selena and penguin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to watch this tonight, when home from work. Going in with an open mind. 'ok' with the changes as long as they show treats them with respect.

I loved this more than I thought I would. Maybe it's just because of my personal bias, but I thought they did a really good job with it. The atmosphere, and the seediness of Gotham was totally apparent, and they seem to be doing the characters justice. I, too, can see where people are coming from, when it comes to age and things, but I think it can work. Empires don't form overnight, so, it's reasonable to assume that guys like Penguin and Joker wouldn't gain their status that way. It's weird to imagine a rookie Batman going up against 40+ year old villains, though (but I suppose that could account for why he's always so successful:lol).

I think one of the things that benefitted the show, for me, anyway, was that I did go in with relatively low expectations. I was expecting it to be really cheesy, but, seeing that it was actually solid, count me in. The only thing that caught me off guard was the "executioner" who looked like something out of Resident Evil. On one hand, it kind of gives the impression that criminals are already starting to get a "taste for the theatrical," as Begins Gordon so aptly put it, but, on the other hand, it almost seems a bit too heavy handed. The chain mail apron was what really threw it over the top, I feel. I want to see Gotham start to Descend into that insanity, but it seemed too early to have something like that, but, maybe that was the point, initially, those people would seem out of place.

Watched the pilot on DVR and thought it was pretty good. I like all the "easter egg" appearances of Batman's rogues gallery. I'll keep watching to see where it goes, but I have to wonder if it has enough steam to go more than a season or two.

I liked all the characters, especially Fish Mooney. Acting was strong all around. Is it me or does the girl they found to play Selina Kyle look just like a younger version of Ashley Scott from Birds of Prey fame? It is all in the eyes.

Didn't like the fish eye lens view of Jim Gordon as he was chasing that guy through the buildings who was framed for the Wayne's murders.

Didn't like the fish eye lens view of Jim Gordon as he was chasing that guy through the buildings who was framed for the Wayne's murders.

I know right!!! I thought I was the only one :lol It was weird and out of place to use that "technique" in that scene. It's like the show doesn't know what it wants to be , even the music wasn't consistent.

tumblr_lkuguz5LfV1qf33f2o1_400.gif

I love the pilot! Looks to be a great show. Like a Smallville premise but darker, bloodier, more violent...more than Arrow. Now I have this, SHIELD, Arrow, and upcoming Flash. The guy who was doing stand-up in front of Mooney, I guess that's Jack Napier who would be the Joker? So that would be 5 from the Rogue's gallery. Young Selina looks almost like Michelle Pfeiffer to me. Also to those who are confused about Enigma working ballistics for the Gotham PD. Remember he worked for Wayne Enterprises research so it isn't too far fetched. In fact so did Pamela Isley aka Ivy.

Why was Selina Kyle at Bruce's parent's murder and why does the Riddler work for the Gotham PD? I'm going to pass on this show.

Well they have to put a twist to make everything make sense. That could be how Catwoman although a villain crates a connection to Batman. And Enigma did work for Wayne Enterprises.

Back