Batman 2014 Reboot: Ideas and direction you'd go

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude. Forget this thread.

Go and buy Arkham City, Now.

That is all. :mad:

I still have "Mass Effect 2" in the shrink wrap! :slap

I don't have time for video games. What time I don't spend on here I work as a teacher, grade papers, plan lessons, go to school events, and try to stay sane by socializing with non-geeks about non-geek things and non-educators about non-school things. "Arkham City" is on my list of games I need to play though. It's behind "Mass Effect 2," "Mass Effect 3" and "LEGO Batman 2: DC Universe" :lol

I think a cool, left-field idea would be Batman and the Outsiders, or Batman and the JLI. Hijinks would always ensue when Batman was a team leader. . .and the results were mixed :lol

int_jli_punch.jpg

I say we give shumaucher another try. How bout it guys?

No. Just no.

Del tori would be great for a fantastical Batman Film, i think he'd do very better with an Etrigan film.

As for a Batman Beyond film, there'd need to be a good Sci-Fi Director with a sense of style. Ridley/Tony Scott?

I was thinking about this last night. Good choice man.

A Batman that can fit into a JLA movie. I think the Arkham Asylum version could work in terms of look and mood. Keep away from the cartoony cheeze (Schumacher) or the ultra real (Nolan). Needs to exist in a slightly different universe, but not too over the top stylized like Burton's. After seeing the box office for Avengers, Warner has got to be thinking of its own Justice League strategy, so the pieces all have to fit together--Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, etc.

This.

Heh, they should just let the Marvel guys make their movies.

I would like to see something in the tone (not the stylized era look however) of the Batman the Animated series from the 90's. With all of Bat's villains not being made to feel "real"

Time to go all out on Batman. No origin film either. It would die in the shadow of Batman Begins.

I would like to see something in the tone (not the stylized era look however) of the Batman the Animated series from the 90's. With all of Bat's villains not being made to feel "real"

Time to go all out on Batman. No origin film either. It would die in the shadow of Batman Begins.
Truthfully, this is the way I've felt about it ever since seeing Batman: Mask of the Phantasm at the theater. But I'm not sure DC has the same vision that Marvel does to go this route.

I have no strong interest in seeing the Dark Knight Returns on the big screen. The gloomy, pessimistic undertones that define that series have been explored as well as they need to be in the Nolan films IMO. Plus, Batman deserves original (even if they are derivative) stories, not retreads in live action format like the DC Animated Universe does.

My dream would be a TV series more than a movie where all the great Batman characters would become part of the Gotham world set in the 1930s-40s, sort of a Boardwalk Empire meets Batman. All those characters like Catwoman, Joker, Riddler, Penguin, Poison Ivy, Dent, etc would be amazing to see created in that time period. I can picture the sets and costumes would just be really beautiful.

This. Even if the time period was current day, a weekly Batman series could be amazing.

I still have "Mass Effect 2" in the shrink wrap! :slap

I don't have time for video games. What time I don't spend on here I work as a teacher, grade papers, plan lessons, go to school events, and try to stay sane by socializing with non-geeks about non-geek things and non-educators about non-school things. "Arkham City" is on my list of games I need to play though. It's behind "Mass Effect 2," "Mass Effect 3" and "LEGO Batman 2: DC Universe" :lol

I have trouble making time for games as well...I'm 40% through Arkham City and haven't been able to get to it in weeks. :gah:
My son and I are super pumped for LEGO Batman 2 though.:yess:

:lecture

Is it being released in theaters in 2014? If so that is probably too soon, unless it is already secretly in pre-production.

Rumors are that it's already been written by Jonathan Nolan and David Goyer and that it was being quietly touched upon by Christopher Nolan towards the tail end of TDKR's post production.

I would imagine this thing is further in production that WB is letting on. Once a director is announced I would imagine that casting will be quick and it'll move fast through the steps.

I don't want an origin story but all signs lead to it, especially since WB's seems to want this to tie directly into a new Justice League film and have the same "time continuity" as Man of Steel which is telling it's own version of an origin.

Agreed but it seems like WB wants to establish new continuity. Someone said "Let audiences discover who THIS Batman is" so all signs seem to be pointing in the Origin's path.

Agreed but it seems like WB wants to establish new continuity. Someone said "Let audiences discover who THIS Batman is" so all signs seem to be pointing in the Origin's path.

It's going to have to take a radically different approach to Begins if its going to avoid the direct comparisons, which would be tough to live up to to say the least

I would imagine if they go origin that something new will be tossed him similar to the Amazing Spider-Man introducing his parents to the film continuities.

That would be a dumb and unnecessary waste of screen time. I think even my dog knows Batman's origin.

Back