Gandalf the Grey PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got this one. I waited far too long to get it and I don't know why. It's THE Gandalf to have. I can't imagine my LOTR collection without him anymore. He looks like a min version of Ian McKellen. After getting the wrinkles out of the fabric and adjusting everything he looks simply amazing!
My only gripe is the rough hair casting. It looks like they had a lot of air bubbles in the plastic castings and just painted over them instead of filling the voids. It's not very visible unless you get up really close so I think I'll live with it.
However, I do want to dirty up his belts and satchel. His robes are all dirty as hell but those look brand new. lol

Time to rotate boys :wink1:...works for me with space being an issue. :monkey2

Though it breaks my heart putting pieces away. :( :monkey2...it's great to see some of the older pieces back on my sheves again.
:bunnydanc :bunnydanc :bunnydanc

:duff
Bill

Yeah, it's that time. Speaking of displays I'm going to have a guy here in town that builds hardwood cabinets, tables, and such build me a really nice enclosed display cabinet for some of my lotr statues.

Gandalf rocks!

Gandafrocks.jpg

Wonderful shot, they look beautiful together like that, the dark background brings them out perfectly and gives it a nice Moria feeling.:clap

Yeah, it's that time. Speaking of displays I'm going to have a guy here in town that builds hardwood cabinets, tables, and such build me a really nice enclosed display cabinet for some of my lotr statues.

Enclosed Josh? :dunno...surly not my friend. :wink1: :lol :lol :lol

Best of luck with it...I hope it turns out just the way you want it. :peace

:duff
Bill

Enclosed but will be able to open with a handle. :lol

Thanks! This guy does great work and it will be nice to be able to have a few of my LOTR items where I don't have to dust them quite so often. :lol

You know the Frodo PF pose doesnt look half bad in that pic. Is it the face that notches that piece down a notch?

Gandalf rocks!

Gandafrocks.jpg

That's an awesome photo :clap

Almost makes we want to get into the PF line! :lol

I do think those 3 together though is a good representation for LOTR..... and i still one day want to get at least GTG.
Maybe an xmas present :pray:

And as for boxing statues up.... i dont see how people can do it. I'd have to find a way to display it, otherwise something would be telling me that maybe i have too much stuff :dunno
But hey, some stuff could always be displayed in my spare room at the parents house! :lol

You know the Frodo PF pose doesnt look half bad in that pic. Is it the face that notches that piece down a notch?

Yes, it's the portrait. The tailoring and the rest are very well done. If they would have nailed the likeness, it would be an epic piece.

As iconic as the hat is, the shadows on the face without it adds so much to the likeness.

IMG_5008.jpg

G'day GTG PF collectors! I'm looking for a GTG PF (preferably EX) in excellent condition at a "reasonable" price. Those who are willing to sell, please PM me. I live in Australia. Thank you! :lol

G'day GTG PF collectors! I'm looking for a GTG PF (preferably EX) in excellent condition at a "reasonable" price. Those who are willing to sell, please PM me. I live in Australia. Thank you! :lol

There are usually a few on ebay. I'm not sure about whether they will post to australia or not, you'll have to check.
I got my Gandalf PF off ebay, and at a good price too! :duff

Back