Gandalf the Grey PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was posted on facebook by Sideshow yesterday:

Sideshow Collectibles We thought you would enjoy a peak at the gallery for our Gandalf the Grey Premium Format Figure. And yes...the crystal in his staff will light up! Priority Pre-Orders begin on Friday at 10AM PT - More Info here

That may be enough to push a guy over the edge to PPO... dang you sideshow!

I think this is a great PF! It's going to look SO good alongside the others. The one and only thing that I hope is changed by the time production pieces roll in is the color of the scabbard and the hilt of Glamdring. It should be a dark blue, not light teal.

I for one applaud the change of head as an exclusive. I'm glad that SS didn't make the light-up staff the Ex. (GTG + staff = iconic image)

The one and only thing that I hope is changed by the time production pieces roll in is the color of the scabbard and the hilt of Glamdring. It should be a dark blue, not light teal.

I knew it wasn't my imagination!

I think this is a great PF! It's going to look SO good alongside the others. The one and only thing that I hope is changed by the time production pieces roll in is the color of the scabbard and the hilt of Glamdring. It should be a dark blue, not light teal.

I for one applaud the change of head as an exclusive. I'm glad that SS didn't make the light-up staff the Ex. (GTG + staff = iconic image)

Gandalf_kit_sj.jpg

The colour is fine with me. They may have both started out dark blue, but they would not have remained that way after years of exposure to the elements.

I love this PF. My only nitpick is that they could have used real cloth for the hat...but other than that it is a PERFECT PF

How long do I wait for shipment, when I will preorder tomorrow? Does anyone know?

The preorder tomorrow will note when the piece is scheduled to ship. I'd say third quarter 2010 at the minimum (and that's a VERY liberal estimate). Most likely fourth Quarter 2010 or first quarter 2011.

Sideshow answered a question of mine and confirmed in a Q and A earlier in the year that while only one LOTR PF would be released in 2009, several LOTR PFs would be released in 2010. It depends what they mean by "released"...Woodsy, our esteemed LOTR commenter / poster on this forum believes that Sideshow's usage of "released" means "shipped". I hope he's correct, I'd love for several LOTR PFs to ship in 2010 (although my wallet might not). However, just as the Uruk-Hai Berserker was the only PF to ship in 2009, Legolas was the only LOTR PF that was made available for pre-order in 2009 as well. Again, I hope Sideshow's usage of the word "released" coincides with Woodsy's opinion...

The preorder tomorrow will note when the piece is scheduled to ship. I'd say third quarter 2010 at the minimum (and that's a VERY liberal estimate). Most likely fourth Quarter 2010 or first quarter 2011.

Sideshow answered a question of mine and confirmed in a Q and A earlier in the year that while only one LOTR PF would be released in 2009, several LOTR PFs would be released in 2010. It depends what they mean by "released"...Woodsy, our esteemed LOTR commenter / poster on this forum believes that Sideshow's usage of "released" means "shipped". I hope he's correct, I'd love for several LOTR PFs to ship in 2010 (although my wallet might not). However, just as the Uruk-Hai Berserker was the only PF to ship in 2009, Legolas was the only LOTR PF that was made available for pre-order in 2009 as well. Again, I hope Sideshow's usage of the word "released" coincides with Woodsy's opinion...

:lol I like the sound of that.......I've been called worse :monkey3

You and me both Dino. :D

woodsy;2279438[B said:
]:lol I like the sound of that.......I've been called worse :monkey3[/B]

Us LOTR fans have to stick together. No in-fighting like some of the fans of the other properties. We (not you and I , literally) can disagree on some things, but at the end of it all, we all have love for this world that Tolkien has graced us with.

Not trying to make any political statements at all, but to paraphrase our current U.S. President, when "you win, I win".

Case in point, I've expressed my unabashed desire for a Gondorian Armor Boromir on many occasions...but if that doesn't come to pass and we get Boromir in his Fellowship gear, I'll still be a happy camper.

Last edited:
Us LOTR fans have to stick together. No in-fighting like some of the fans of the other properties. We (not you and I , literally) can disagree on some things, but at the end of it all, we all have love for this world that Tolkien has graced us with.

Not trying to make any political statements at all, but to paraphrase our current President, when "you win, I win".

Case in point, I've expressed my unabashed desire for a Gondorian Armor Boromir on many occasions...but if that doesn't come to pass and we get Boromir in his Fellowship gear, I'll still be a happy camper.

You, me, and alot of other folks around here. :D

Back