Statue Gandalf the Grey Maquette - Order NOW, Link in 1st post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some decent shots, but I'm still not sold on this one. I like the sculpt of his face, but I find the folds to clean and neat, especially where his left arm meets at the shoulder. I'm glad I stuck with my order on the pf, just feels much more organic. Congrats to all those who did get this one though, the ex. was a must here.

Loved Aragorn but when I opened up Gandalf I just was not thrilled with it. It's good and looks like Ian but something about it just does not wow me. Oh well.

I would kindly disagree its got a striking resemblance to Sir Ian.

Agreed Josh. The likeness is not on par with Trevor's amazing PF sculpt, but IMO it easily surpasses all other GTG representations out there. Personally, I don't know how one can look at this and not see Ian McKellan. :dunno

I feel the exact opposite, but love both and am very happy with the direction of the line.

Same here. Aragorn and Gandalf look great and I can't wait for Legolas and Gimli......this line has been consistantly excellent so far.

Loved Aragorn but when I opened up Gandalf I just was not thrilled with it. It's good and looks like Ian but something about it just does not wow me. Oh well.

I gotta agree with you completely, the piece itself is waaaaaay to clean and pristine IMO.

Agreed Josh. The likeness is not on par with Trevor's amazing PF sculpt, but IMO it easily surpasses all other GTG representations out there. Personally, I don't know how one can look at this and not see Ian McKellan. :dunno

Its 1b on sculpts to Sir Ian with the PF being 1a.

I am actually liking this Maquette more now then when I ordered. As pictures have come in and I have recieved my statue I am happier with it. I think the likness is a close second to the PF. I also am really liking the full sculpt of this line. The clothing detail and movement can be captured better with a sculpt then some types of cloth.

Only bad thing is mine came damaged. It looks like the nose was chipped and someone tried to paint over it. I just looks like he has a huge blister on his nose.

Can any of you give me advice on posting phots so they show up right in the forum. I have photobucket but can only seem to copy and paste a link to the album in the post. When I try to insert a photo using the Insert Image button above all I get is garbage characters or a little picture with the X in it. Any advice from those of you that do this regularly?

Here is my link to photo bucket:

https://s1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee514/obsidianx/Gandalf the Grey Maquette/

Let me try this:

IMG_1899.jpg

IMG_1898.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

AH! Looks like you have to do an IMAGE link and not link to the album right?

Last edited:
I'd ask Sideshow for a replacement.

Already filled out the replacement forms. Just annoying, I had to have a head replacement for Aragorn and I went through hell and back with IM Mark VI and a Spiderman Comiquette that had all sorts of QC issues. I personally feel SS needs to step up the QC a bit as of late.

It sucks to have to do that. Thing is though for every person that has a problem there are numerous folks that don't. I didn't have any issues with the Mark VI or Aragorn.

Already filled out the replacement forms. Just annoying, I had to have a head replacement for Aragorn and I went through hell and back with IM Mark VI and a Spiderman Comiquette that had all sorts of QC issues. I personally feel SS needs to step up the QC a bit as of late.

This has been the saying for the past 2-3 years with SS.

It sucks to have to do that. Thing is though for every person that has a problem there are numerous folks that don't.

Very true Josh...thankfully I have never had an issue with any of the SS items I have received over the years (touch wood)...I am sure there are may more like me too...it is a bummer when it happens though...generally SS are good for replacing damaged items, from all accounts.

:duff
Bill

Its a bummer for sure and like you've I've been really lucky over the years. I've had a few pieces but SS always does its best to fix the situation.

Back