Statue Gandalf the Grey Maquette - Order NOW, Link in 1st post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a bummer for sure and like you've I've been really lucky over the years. I've had a few pieces but SS always does its best to fix the situation.

I wish I could say the same. I've had issues with at least 30% of my SS orders over the past several years. SS does a great job of rectifying those situations, but it is frustrating and time-consuming having to deal with them. I've also had to return 3 of the 5 items I've ordered from Weta in the past year or so, which leads me to believe it's more of a problem with Chinese factories than it is a problem restricted to any particular company.

I wish I could say the same. I've had issues with at least 30% of my SS orders over the past several years. SS does a great job of rectifying those situations, but it is frustrating and time-consuming having to deal with them. I've also had to return 3 of the 5 items I've ordered from Weta in the past year or so, which leads me to believe it's more of a problem with Chinese factories than it is a problem restricted to any particular company.

I feel for anyone that has lots of issues it really does suck and take a lot out of collecting.

I just received this statue few days ago. I wanted to cancel my pre-order, but finally I decided to keep it, and i'm not disappointed at all.

That's really an amazing job from Sideshow wether it's for the sculpt or the painjob.

I took some pics to show you, I hope you'll enjoy (definitly love this last picture because i have the feeling to watch a picture from the movie / loving too the sculpt of the back of the hat) :love:

Last edited:
Ok, i'm impressed by those photos!

What i'd love is for someone to take a close-up photo of his robes to see how much fabric detailing there is there. Still looks too smooth.

But that really is a great job on the likeness.

FrodoEyes, There is certainly more detail than the photographs show, and I will try to get some snaps when I work on ebay auctions this week. The fabric detailing isn't bad at all, quite nice actually, but they went a different direction with some of the weathering, and it is a little too smooth a gradiation from dirty hems to cleaner fabric, and very little speckling.

Nice pictures guys, yeah, I love this piece.

This line is the one for me. Only line I am collecting now and I really like these pieces a lot. Looking forward to Legolas over the summer , then Gimli. Really hoping for at least Arwen and more so Boromir at SDCC.

Legolas in August should be a nice follow up. The hopefully Gimli shortly after. This line is really great so far.

This piece is EPIC! The paint is just dead on. More pics later..gotta run and eat.

EpicGandalf.jpg

This piece is EPIC! The paint is just dead on. More pics later..gotta run and eat.

EpicGandalf.jpg

That is a fantastic photo. :clap Overall, I am extremely pleased with mine. The likeness is fantastic and as others have already alluded to, the pose is no longer an issue with me. I still prefer the excl. pose, but in person the reg. edition pose looks just fine. I think the only complaint I have is that Gandalf's clothing looks a bit too clean....I think a little dry brushing will take care of that....:lecture

Wow, Computerfly, that's really the most impressive shot of the statue I've seen so far! This IS some serious Gandalf looking at us here! I wasn't too sure about him for a long time but now I am a believer! :D

Paint job is first rate on this statue. Great gandalf piece. I'm not sure I like the muddy skirt, but it works.

I hope and pray this line continues with the quality and dynamics that we have received thus far. Whatever factory they are using is doing absolutely brilliant paintwork on the portraits and skin. Take a close look at the quality of the sculpting and the paintwork on the hands alone. They really did make it look like he has old, aged hands. And the veins! Look at the veins! lol.

Anyway, here are the rest of the pics:

IMG_8703.jpg

IMG_8708.jpg

IMG_8709.jpg

IMG_8710.jpg

IMG_8711.jpg

IMG_8712.jpg

IMG_8714.jpg

IMG_8715.jpg

IMG_8716.jpg

Last edited:
Back