Statue Gandalf the Grey Maquette - Order NOW, Link in 1st post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason2885

Super Freak
Reaction score
To order Exclusive:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2000841&ref=search0109&affiliate=dstephan

To order Regular:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=200084&ref=search0109&affiliate=dstephan

GTG1.jpg

GTG3.jpg

Looks like the LOTR maquette line is moving along nicely. It has an exclusive change out staff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Gandalf Maquette is up for preorder.

Coolio. Aragorn and Gandalf already out, and we know Legolas isn't too far behind. This line is moving along for sure!

Re: Gandalf the Grey Maquette - July 5 preorder

Looks good, and would be a easy buy if I hadn't ordered the pf already.

Looks great...weta owned again.

Ordered! Damn he looks good. Love the switch out crystal neat little option and the price is about what was to be exptected @ $250. I also much prefer the pose on the Ex than the regular with the staff going forward than the thrust back pose.

Ordered! Damn he looks good. Love the switch out crystal neat little option and the price is about what was to be exptected @ $250. I also much prefer the pose on the Ex than the regular with the staff going forward than the thrust back pose.

Absolutely the pose on the exclusive is so much better looking than the regular.

I wonder if they will show another one from this line at SDCC or if this is it. We are now 2/9 of the way done with the Fellowship.

:lecture What he said.

Have to disagree. Likeness wise probably but piece wise there is something very much GTG in that piece. It is truly iconic and one of the most loved of all the pieces in that line.

Absolutely the pose on the exclusive is so much better looking than the regular.

I wonder if they will show another one from this line at SDCC or if this is it. We are now 2/9 of the way done with the Fellowship.

Yeah, I don't care for the thrust back pose at all. Just not my thing and not how I care to have him displayed nor how I think about GTG.

I think we'll see Arwen next actually and my guess is before this SDCC Event is over.

Yeah, it looks fantastic. Jeff Yeager did a terrific job on the head sculpt. Finally a 1/6 scale GTG statue that actually looks like Ian Mckellan :monkey And you were right on with the $250 prediction. I really figured it would be a bit cheaper than Aragorn, but it looks fantastic so I'm certainly not complaining. If Weta can charge $200 for an environment, then SS can charge $235-250 for a statue...just a sign of the times I guess. :dunno

That looks great... the Exc looks so much better too.

AWESOME!!

I'm all in with this line... sooooooo much better than the PFs.

Yeah, it looks fantastic. Jeff Yeager did a terrific job on the head sculpt. Finally a 1/6 scale GTG statue that actually looks like Ian Mckellan :monkey And you were right on with the $250 prediction. I really figured it would be a bit cheaper than Aragorn, but it looks fantastic so I'm certainly not complaining. If Weta can charge $200 for an environment, then SS can charge $235-250 for a statue...just a sign of the times I guess. :dunno

He did a bang up job on it for sure. It IMO is a truly nice addition to the other 1:6th Gandalf statues out there. Well, it was an easy prediction with Aragorn coming in at $235 since this has more to it than that piece. Plus as I've repeated many times to the dislike of some this is the market area for statues.

GTG1.jpg

GTG3.jpg

That does look really nice. Like the pose on the Exclusive.

Since I don't collect LOTR I haven't kept up with the news about it...so why is Sideshow making maquettes instead of doing more PF's or 12" figures?

That is an awesome figure though. Great addition for LOTR collectors.

Since I don't collect LOTR I haven't kept up with the news about it...so why is Sideshow making maquettes instead of doing more PF's or 12" figures?

Sculpt > Cloth

With the PF coming in September, I told myself that I would not be ordering this. After seeing the pics, there's no way I'm not adding this to my collection! Plus, with it not shipping until around May of 2011, that gives a good distance between this and the PF.

Superb maquette SS - keep 'em coming!:clap

Looks good, and would be a easy buy if I hadn't ordered the pf already.

Not interested, the PF is a much nicer piece IMO; and the hat sits kinda funny on his head.

He did a bang up job on it for sure. It IMO is a truly nice addition to the other 1:6th Gandalf statues out there. Well, it was an easy prediction with Aragorn coming in at $235 since this has more to it than that piece. Plus as I've repeated many times to the dislike of some this is the market area for statues.

Yeah, funny how that works. All sorts of folks whining about the price of Aragorn , but not a peep out of any of them when Weta charges $200 for a Prancing Pony environment....just a coincidence I guess :monkey3

And now a couple of excl. vs reg. comparisons. I give the nod to the excl. version myself. :)

2000841_press01-001.jpg
200084_press01-001.jpg

2000841_press04-001.jpg
200084_press02-001.jpg

Last edited:
Back