Statue Gandalf the Grey Maquette - Order NOW, Link in 1st post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good. Passed because I'm reducing my spending on collectibles, and I have more than enough renditions of Gandalf already. really glad I don't feel the need to be a completist in the maquette line.

Don't forget to report your edition # in the tracking thread above in the sticky section.

Just got mine. He looks freaking great. Paint, detail, and likeness are off the charts good I think with this piece. Getting ready to take pics in a bit but man what a piece.

Josh, When I rearrange this week to make room for Gandalf, you can be sure that I will be adding my edition numbers to the thread!

The skeevy threads that popped up recently that suggested that some LOTR items may be candidates for recats/forgeries has me wanting to do whatever I can to discourage this practice.

Cool! Yeah, thats one of the big reasons to do an ES tracking thread it allows us if we see something funny on ebay or wherever. Plus its always cool to see what boardies are around your #.

Still too 'clean' and 'glossy' for me. And the pose is still not my cup of tea, and i'll stop now before i even get to the superman cape!

2 out of 4 for me so far in this line.

The PF is still the ultimate Gandalf IMHO but no doubt both are quality.:wink1:

I'm with you RED, the PF is indeed the ultimate IMHO. :clap
But I'll be still be more that happy to add the GTG Maquette to my shelf when he arrives. :yess:

Thanks for the pics guys, much appreciated. :1-1:

Bring it on!

:duff
Bill

Pizza, you always take some of the best pictures. Appreciated. :)

Statue looks great in my opinion. Great paint job and likeness, looks like SS is putting a nice effort into this line so far.

One thing I never liked about the P.F.'s was the name plates on the front. I know who the character is, I don't need them to tell me.

I think the P.F. has a better pose over the statue, but the likenesses are both excellent. Between the two, I probably prefer the statue.

Piece looks great in person with detail in the polystone making it look like cloth. Then you get to everything else as far as paint and its a really great piece. The pose both regular and exclusive look awesome in person and help show power that GTG had which is something we really have never seen.

Josh, pics of the display box too, please. :wave

I'll get those tomorrow for ya.

Just received my Gandalf EX. Very cool statue. I have to say, this was the one I was least looking forward to but I am thrilled I stuck with it. With Aragorn, I knew it would be a cool statue and had no intention of ever canceling, but with Gandalf I was never really sure. Now that I have it in hand I have to say it has far exceeded expectations!

Now to patiently wait for Legolas...:impatient:

Just a quick pic. I'm really impressed with the line, but it's a shame I won't be able to collect all of them.

picture354a.jpg

Just a quick question for anyone who has this and a detolf... does he fit in any of the shelves?

I would presume not, but how much does he not fit by?

Thanks to anyone who can answer. :)

Just a quick question for anyone who has this and a detolf... does he fit in any of the shelves?

I would presume not, but how much does he not fit by?

Thanks to anyone who can answer. :)

I think he's probably about 2 or so inches too tall to fit on a shelf. :gah:

Got mine today...252/400! Great looking statue and some very nice detail on the sculpt. Personally, I like the REG staff better than the EX. For some reason, the extended arm looks a bit unnatural ro something...and the LEFT HAND seems TOO big when compared to the head. VERY small criticisms...for an outstanding statue!

I am totally LOVING this line..can't wait for Boromir and some baddies!!

Soooo nice.

Mine came with the EX staff unglued from the hand but it's not a big deal to me as nothing is actually broken.

GandalfStatue001.jpg

GandalfStatue002.jpg

GandalfStatue003.jpg

GandalfStatue004.jpg

GandalfStatue006.jpg

GandalfStatue007.jpg

GandalfStatue008.jpg

GandalfStatue009.jpg

GandalfStatue005.jpg

GandalfStatue010.jpg

Yeah at 18 inches it's a bit of an awkward height for a detolf...too big for a single shelf and too small for two.

Might have to find one of those acrylic stands fremen is using.

By the way, fremen, do you intend to leave gandalfs arm underneath the statue like that? Looks scary!

Back