Statue Gandalf the Grey Maquette - Order NOW, Link in 1st post!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope and pray this line continues with the quality and dynamics that we have received thus far. Whatever factory they are using is doing absolutely brilliant paintwork on the portraits and skin. Take a close look at the quality of the sculpting and the paintwork on the hands alone. They really did make it look like he has old, aged hands. And the veins! Look at the veins! lol.

IMG_8712.jpg

That's an excellent observation. The flesh tones on Aragorn, and now Gandalf, are outstanding. I also think SS has done an amazing job on the eyes, quite remarkable IMO considering the scale. :clap

Yes, this line is heading in a fantastic direction! Keep em coming. And get back to me on my Gandalf replacement!

Really hard to compete with Computerfly's amazing pictures but here are a few of mine 19/750 as well as some size comparisons.

gan7.jpg

Gan1.jpg

gan3.jpg

gan4-1.jpg

I gotta say, I don't have it and have never seen it for real but the Weta one is pretty nice.

In a fit of trying to save money, I canceled all my LOTR maquette orders before Aragorn shipped. Why on Earth did I do that? :gah:

OMG, you sir are crazy! :cuckoo:

Aside from just a few other items, the maquette line has to be my only collection focus right now. Too many expenses coming up for CVI! And I want to be debt free too. Right?

:lol

OMG, you sir are crazy! :cuckoo:

Aside from just a few other items, the maquette line has to be my only collection focus right now. Too many expenses coming up for CVI! And I want to be debt free too. Right?

:lol

Remind me to give you a gut shot at comic-con. :lol

People do stupid stuff when they're trying to save money. :monkey2

LOTR EE got me interested in these again. :panic:

People do stupid stuff when they're trying to save money. :monkey2

LOTR EE got me interested in these again. :panic:

I hear that. The reasons you did is the right reason to cancel being smart is the way to go.

Oh if you want them you can get on the WL and I wouldn't be shocked if you ended up with them (Ex). Plus you can always get the regs.

I hear that. The reasons you did is the right reason to cancel being smart is the way to go.

Oh if you want them you can get on the WL and I wouldn't be shocked if you ended up with them (Ex). Plus you can always get the regs.

I was going to put some of my collectible money into those damn GG 12-inch SW figures, but I was not appy with the last two and Leia, R2 and 3PO look bad. Now I can free that money up for something better.

The exclusives are something I could see myself displaying permanently, so this is a case where it's EX or Fail. :lol

I may try the waitlist, though.

Talking of cancelling, i had to cancel my exclusive Legolas statue as my card is changing this month, but whereas i can still draw money out, they've put a block on me using it for online transactions until my new one arrives, JUST when SS need payment for the first flexpay installment. :slap
But it's ok, as with the job change i need to postpone spending money for at least a month, and i don't really want the exclusive version anyway so i'll just order the regular when i've got everything sorted.

I was going to put some of my collectible money into those damn GG 12-inch SW figures, but I was not appy with the last two and Leia, R2 and 3PO look bad. Now I can free that money up for something better.

The exclusives are something I could see myself displaying permanently, so this is a case where it's EX or Fail. :lol

I may try the waitlist, though.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of them when I saw them at Comic-Con last summer. So, I would choose these maquettes over them all the time.

I agree having the Ex option for these so far have been musts. Hopefully the WL works for ya. :duff :rock

Back