FX series "Legion"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't watch it as it airs. Get the season pass on Amazon which is 4K and no commercials. The episode goes up a few hours after it airs. I'm like you, commercial interruption drives me nuts. I've used Amazon for all of Hawley's shows and every season of The Strain.

If the show had a linear narrative, the commercials wouldn't be an issue, but they just kept interrupting the story. Sometime the show would come back on for like 3..maybe 5 minutes, and then a commercial or a "special look" at John Wick...and I think it really hurts the show, so they better stop that **** if they want people to keep watching. They didn't do that too much in the beginning, which had the most trippy sequences, but by the second half was difficult to watch, just as the show was getting more interesting.

Noah Hawley created this for TV he also did Fargo for TV which is a excellent series.

this starts out with the quick snipets of David's early life until now.. what made it great was the song Happy Jack by The Who.

But seems they fed us David's pain and madness of hearing voices too quickly with no explanation of the telepathic and telekinetic power he experiences so they could jump into the now.A comfortably numb medicated David living at the Clockwork:lol Psychiatric Hospital Being probed and prodded by clandestine Doctors.. or are they?

David meets Syd Barrett (Original guitarist and song writer for Pink Floyd) with her own issues.Or is she?Love how they become Boyfriend and Girlfriend.

I'll re-watch this episode because it's going to one of those.I liked the Actors they are all good and Aubrey Plaza as Lenny was excellent.But this first episode was like a jig saw puzzle and just so so IMO.The Music,the shouts out to Clockwork Orange,Pink Floyd etc. are pretty cool.Have to see how Chapter 2 goes.

I'm convinced
Spoiler Spoiler:

And its about damn time they use him in a CBM or show. He's ****ing awesome and the implications of his presence here are massive.

I liked it. It's certainly different and a breath of fresh air from all the CW ****e. It's very different from the books, but it does have some resemblance with Spurrier's X-Men: Legacy. As for TDWYE, he looks like Mojo with a gown, but it'd make more sense for him to be Shadow King. Or he could just be David's "bad" personality, and in order to make him more unique, they went for a monstrous design, like in the books, where most of them are aliens & monsters.

So was the ending real or in his mind?

Also
Spoiler Spoiler:

Also
Spoiler Spoiler:

Dunno, TBH. The people are debatable, but the whole chase/escape is probably real.

As for the people, just randos, no specific counterparts from the comics, at least thus far.

Seems real, though if the
Spoiler Spoiler:
theory is true his experiences in this the first season may just be the
Spoiler Spoiler:
arena he's chosen for him to roam in.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Reviews for the pilot were calling it "trippy" and "WTF" and stuff like that.

Maybe to a casual viewer it might be confusing or trippy, but to anyone who has read comic books for the last 30 years or so it's just run of the mill comics stuff as far as plot goes.

I will say this though: it had a really unique visual style. Very retro...very Kubrick. Great use of lighting, editing, and music. In that respect it's a lot like Mr Robot which was a show that LOOKED great but was a piece of garbage as far as story.

However....after watching the hour long pilot I have zero desire to tune in to see how things play out. It was fun and stylish, but as far as plot goes, i can already tell this is nothing we haven't seen a zillion times over in movies, TV shows, and books.

But at the very least, it's a compelling little stand alone and enjoyable for an hour long feature, but there's very little incentive to continue watching it as a series.

However....after watching the hour long pilot I have zero desire to tune in to see how things play out. It was fun and stylish, but as far as plot goes, i can already tell this is nothing we haven't seen a zillion times over in movies, TV shows, and books.

But at the very least, it's a compelling little stand alone and enjoyable for an hour long feature, but there's very little incentive to continue watching it as a series.

Couldn't disagree more.

As a person who's watched all of the Marvel Netflix shows and is currently watching all of the DC CW shows, its this that I am most interested in following. Its connotations are far more intriguing, specially considering that at some point David will meet Xavier (McAvoy is set to appear in Season 2).

Reviews for the pilot were calling it "trippy" and "WTF" and stuff like that.

Maybe to a casual viewer it might be confusing or trippy, but to anyone who has read comic books for the last 30 years or so it's just run of the mill comics stuff as far as plot goes.

I will say this though: it had a really unique visual style. Very retro...very Kubrick. Great use of lighting, editing, and music. In that respect it's a lot like Mr Robot which was a show that LOOKED great but was a piece of garbage as far as story.

Recall it was 1.5 hours episode.

Yeah, its gotta be
Spoiler Spoiler:

I haven't made up my mind on this one yet. It is a weird and trippy show, but it's also half way decent as well. I can't decide whether to keep going with it or not.

I personally think it'll get really repetitive really quick.

The creators can always pull the "he's crazy....it's all in his head...or is it?" fake out anytime they want. Over reliance on that particular storytelling crutch turned Mr Robot into an unwatchable chore really early.

Watched first episode. I like the feel of bein' in someone's crazy head... and that's it.
In terms of visuals 70% of it felt like a solid cinematography but the rest 30% felt like something from an old CW/DC show.
Actors are good but I don't care for the characters at all.

People not going to like this series. It's like watching boring Prof. Xavier series when they want the meat of watching the rest of the interesting X-Men.

Anything but boring for Mr. Green of course.

Back