FX series "Legion"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've given up on it. Too much style over substance for me. I feel a little 'emperors new clothes' voicing this opinion but it needs to get its head out of its @$$ instead of spending every week saying "ooh look at me, I'm so clever" your mileage will vary of course.........

It's why I quit after the pilot. Having the crutch of "is any of it real or is it all in his head?" is just too lazy/indulgent for me. How can I invest in a story or characters where at any time, the writer can say "ha ha fooled you! that wasn't real!" as many times as he wants?

Same reason Mr Robot went belly up for me. The writer really started believing his own hype and thought he was the second coming of Stanley Kubrick. Style is awesome, but if it's just all frosting and no cake, it's only gonna make you sick after a while.

This show is just too God damn good.

2eej1u8.gif

14ma0aw.gif

Its really putting the NETFLIX shows to shame. Creatively, artistically and tonally.

The way they depicted Xavier's battle with Shadow King was ****ing brilliant. So happy Season 2's been greenlit.

also really thought the silent film treatment was hilarious..complete with inter-title cards and Bolero blowing in the soundtrack.

and the way the Eye (Mackenzie Gray) got turned into a Box.Loved it.

also really thought the silent film treatment was hilarious..complete with inter-title cards and Bolero blowing in the soundtrack.

and the way the Eye (Mackenzie Gray) got turned into a Box.Loved it.

Don't forget the money shot

30wlc46.png

They better not continue with this kind of story line next season and every season. I can only stand so much mental illness in a show. A movie is ok, but not a five or six season arc.

Has it ended already? I'm hoping Netflix picks it up so I can binge it one of these days. The scheduling was bad for me unfortunately, was only able to watch the pilot and parts of others which I really didn't watch until caught up through entire episodes.

Great finale. I've enjoyed this show much more than a lot of the other comic book shows, save maybe Daredevil and JJ.

Yep, wasn't expecting the end credits scene either.

Any theories on what it means or who was involved with what happened?

Great finale. I've enjoyed this show much more than a lot of the other comic book shows, save maybe Daredevil and JJ.

Yep, wasn't expecting the end credits scene either.

Any theories on what it means or who was involved with what happened?

I think David's headed to Mojoworld.

that was some serious advanced tech.I was wondering if it had anything to do with the earlier scene where the D3 guy's are debating whether to to launch and destroy or deploy the equinox and the main guy say's not yet.Perhaps that was the equinox there at the end :dunno

This will sweep at the Emmys. Aubrey wins and Hawley wins. Stevens & Keller definitely get nominated.

FOX wins 2017. First Logan (Best CBM since TDK) & now this (Best CBM show to date).

It's why I quit after the pilot. Having the crutch of "is any of it real or is it all in his head?" is just too lazy/indulgent for me. How can I invest in a story or characters where at any time, the writer can say "ha ha fooled you! that wasn't real!" as many times as he wants?

Same reason Mr Robot went belly up for me. The writer really started believing his own hype and thought he was the second coming of Stanley Kubrick. Style is awesome, but if it's just all frosting and no cake, it's only gonna make you sick after a while.
Honestly I'm on board with you on this one.

An out of sequence narrative and unrealiable narrator is one thing, but it seems like a lot of the weird stuff that they do (starting with the weird decision to make everything look like dreary 70s England for some reason) is just for the sake of being weird and the directors having a little too much fun. I was willing to play along and go with the flow until they suddenly threw in a pointless Bollywood dance number that added nothing.

I know a lot of people disagree and see different = genius, but its just not my thing.

Back