Friday the 13th (2009) Movie Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say Friday the 13th 2009 was very respectable and definately one of the better more entertaining entries in the series. Refreshing as a Friday fan after JGTH & JX!

It was the same ol, same ol, but with better characters, and a more cunning Jason. Thats why I loved it so.

It was the same ol, same ol, but with better characters, and a more cunning Jason. Thats why I loved it so.

I agree with your observation regarding the characters and Jason and i'll also add it was darker in tone with the horror parts especially with it being the first Friday movie to tackle the rather disturbing act of kidnapping and imprisonment of another person.

For that, that's a change for the better for a movie that wants to be taken more seriously as a scary horror movie instead of the silliness which had permeated the series up to this point.

I'd say Friday the 13th 2009 was very respectable and definately one of the better more entertaining entries in the series. Refreshing as a Friday fan after JGTH & JX!
Yeah, I wish I could forget those two, although I give props to JGTH for its ambition but it still fell flat on its miserable face. I do think though that JGTH had some of the best deaths in the franchise, too bad it was a ^^^^^ movie.

Yeah I agree with this. I thought it was great fun, just was hoping for a little more than the "same ol, same ol".
I agree with your observation regarding the characters and Jason and i'll also add it was darker in tone with the horror parts especially with it being the first Friday movie to tackle the rather disturbing act of kidnapping and imprisonment of another person.

The thought of Jason kidnapping and imprisoning was definetly an interesting one. We all remember what happened towards the end in part 2 with the sweater. It is something that seems plausible with Jason being confused.

Holy crap,

81% drop for new Friday.

From # 1 movie in America to # 6!

Doh!

Still the highest grossing Friday movie if i'm not mistaken.

It's hovering around 50-55 mil, may even hit 70-80 when March 13th comes around.

Dang...81% drop, that's heavy.

Damn, 81 percent. Looks like anyone who wanted to see it, saw it.

55m isn't that impressive considering the original F13 made $40m 30 years ago. Adjusted for inflation and it is almost $100m.

I just want the dvd already!!

we're looking at a June/July release more than likely :D movies take about 4 to 5 months to go to dvd. Can't wait :rock2

I just want the dvd already!!

we're looking at a June/July release more than likely :D movies take about 4 to 5 months to go to dvd. Can't wait :rock2

That sounds about right, can't wait for it myself although right now i'm jonesing for the Punisher Warzone dvd, March 17th can't come fast enough.

:rock

haven't seen it. heard it was bad though.

For me it wasn't....for me it was one of the best Marvel movies made thus far.

It was fun, over the top and even had some kills that were better than some of the ones done in the new Friday....no joke.

I enjoyed it as much if not more than Spidey 2, IM and TDK.

That's just me though, I enjoyed watching Frankie pop some gangsta heads with a shottie....

Sheesh, who wouldn't.

For me it wasn't....for me it was one of the best Marvel movies made thus far.

It was fun, over the top and even had some kills that were better than some of the ones done in the new Friday....no joke.

I enjoyed it as much if not more than Spidey 2, IM and TDK.

That's just me though, I enjoyed watching Frankie pop some gangsta heads with a shottie....

Sheesh, who wouldn't.

:lol I'll give it a shot through rental and if I like it I'll buy it.

:lol I'll give it a shot through rental and if I like it I'll buy it.

You won't be disappointed.

I like FUN in my movies and that's why I enjoyed PWZ and Iron Man more than TDK.

Don't get me wrong, TDK was a good movie as well but I could rewatch PWZ and IM alot easier then TDK.

Punisher 2004 was also good, especially the directors but PWZ blows it away because it was like the MAX series up on the big screen!

Bloody and over the top as all hell!

Heads and necks were popping like popcorn!

Great action movie.

Its absolutly godawful.....but it was fun as hell.

Hmmmm.......YUP!!!! LOL!!

Actually, all kidding aside, I didn't think it was awful. Oscar winner....nope....have I watched any Oscar winners lately, nope...well, except LOTR and Gladiator.

It was like you said.....FUN, and that fun translated into something actually enjoyable instead of awful.

It can't be awful and fun at the same time, can it?

There were times were I was actually entertained enough to laugh, yelp and curse outloud while watching PWZ, and even throw my arms in the air with pumping action...LOL!!!!

:D

Last edited:
Yeah it can. ^^^^ acting, (aside from Ray) some ^^^^ effects, ^^^^ story, ^^^^ script...but super fun. I laughed, and laughed. I'm buying it for sure.

Yeah it can. ^^^^ acting, (aside from Ray) some ^^^^ effects, ^^^^ story, ^^^^ script...but super fun. I laughed, and laughed. I'm buying it for sure.

LOL

Ok, did you just say you're buying it?!?!

You can definately hang with me if that's the case.....

Anyone who owns that bad boy knows how to have FUN!

Like I had said, 03/17 can't come fast enough for me!

Back