Neca: Friday the 13th part 3 Ultimate Jason Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the previous versions (normal and battle-damaged) but I will be picking up this Ultimate version for sure.

This new Jason is great. Like him better than the other Ultimate Jason.

KqPlc9O.jpg

H97BKC0.jpg

Picked this guy up this afternoon. My first fully sculpted 7" scale Jason figure. Overall I'm impressed, but I'm also a little disappointed.

Neca really should have packed him with his masks off, since the straps stuck to the heads and left behind marks that I need to remove or paint over. Some of the ones in the store had masks that were really warped. His hip joints seem rather loose, they didn't use the new standardized hip joints that most of their figures have now. At least none of his joints were stuck. His accessories are all outstanding. Very nice to see so much variety included.

I'll be doing some touch ups to his paint for sure. His undershirt needs painted, and I plan on getting rid of the bloody neck. Really wish it had been left clean.

I do like how the mask straps are not glued down to the mask, which means they are free to move and makes adjusting the fit of the mask much easier.

I already have the non bloody version that was originally released and I never got around to getting the battled damaged version, so the bloody neck works out perfectly for me.

Neca's customer service is sending me one of these for free! A while back I got their Ult Part 6 Jason and his head and legs were super loose, so i asked for a replacement. The replacement batch they got from one of their factories also had issues, so they're going to send me out this guy instead.

I already have the non bloody version that was originally released and I never got around to getting the battled damaged version, so the bloody neck works out perfectly for me.

Neca's customer service is sending me one of these for free! A while back I got their Ult Part 6 Jason and his head and legs were super loose, so i asked for a replacement. The replacement batch they got from one of their factories also had issues, so they're going to send me out this guy instead.

Where did you purchase the NECA's Part 6 Jason from that you got such great customer service? (This is awesome to hear.)

Jason by scarrviper, on Flickr

More pics of this guy to come. I repainted both heads, painted his undershirt since they forgot to, repainted his neck and shirt to remove the blood, repainted the skin on his forearms since it was sloppy where it met the sleeves, and drybrushed the pants a little to make the finish on the waist match the legs.

Do you have a paint preference (Brand) when you do this, scarrviper? He looks great!

Do you have a paint preference (Brand) when you do this, scarrviper? He looks great!

I just use matte acrylics by DecoArt (americana, crafter's acrylic) and Plaid (apple barrel, sometimes folk art). When I need to add gloss I use americana dura clear gloss varnish.

Just got my ultimate in and it's definitely a huge improvement. Glad I pulled the trigger it was highly worth it. I may review mine tomorrow a little late but very pleased.
6b2653b66150980e69dbe35933b241c3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I just use matte acrylics by DecoArt (americana, crafter's acrylic) and Plaid (apple barrel, sometimes folk art). When I need to add gloss I use americana dura clear gloss varnish.

Awesome. Thank you!

I LOVE everything NECA is doing with the Friday the 13th license in both 7 inch and retro Mego scale. I'm assuming these have been very successful since they continue to make new versions of Jason from the later films. I hope they get through the whole series. Would love to see an Ultimate New Blood. Even a Jason X.

Just got my ultimate in and it's definitely a huge improvement. Glad I pulled the trigger it was highly worth it. I may review mine tomorrow a little late but very pleased.

I'm sorry, do you mind me asking what exactly would you consider to be a "huge improvement"? I personally think lots of details were better represented on the older version. If it wasn't for the damn eye holes in the mask and the fancy box, I wouldn't even consider buying it.

I'm sorry, do you mind me asking what exactly would you consider to be a "huge improvement"? I personally think lots of details were better represented on the older version. If it wasn't for the damn eye holes in the mask and the fancy box, I wouldn't even consider buying it.

I think besides the mask and box. The weapons look better and added more for the price. I personally like he paint better too. We each have our opinion but I still love my original.

Back