Rank The Friday The 13th Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You bring up some good points but for me I would say F13 has just not aged well. I'd say Nightmare on Elm St and especially something like TCM just seem tighter, better acted and with some sort of budget. First time I saw TCM, for example, was in my late 30s and it is still a scary movie. Would any adult watching Friday the 13th Part II, say, be horrified by the events portrayed? :lol I love Jason and I still really enjoy the endings to Parts III (fight with Jason and dream sequence) and Part IV, but overall the movies are just garbage. Especially anything that came after IV. A lot of it is pretty much unwatchable dreck. The reboot beats most of what came before in at least being watchable, much as I hate lines like "perfect nipple placement" or the scene with the hick and his mannequin. :lol

Well put, I don't think I could sit through any of those movies today where as Tcm is still watchable

You bring up some good points but for me I would say F13 has just not aged well. I'd say Nightmare on Elm St and especially something like TCM just seem tighter, better acted and with some sort of budget. First time I saw TCM, for example, was in my late 30s and it is still a scary movie. Would any adult watching Friday the 13th Part II, say, be horrified by the events portrayed? :lol I love Jason and I still really enjoy the endings to Parts III (fight with Jason and dream sequence) and Part IV, but overall the movies are just garbage. Especially anything that came after IV. A lot of it is pretty much unwatchable dreck. The reboot beats most of what came before in at least being watchable, much as I hate lines like "perfect nipple placement" or the scene with the hick and his mannequin. :lol
pifSNG4.gif

:D

I do agree that Nightmare part 1 had better acting than most (all?) of the Friday films, but I think it's because Craven was a pretty serious director and writer, and took an effort to make sure that his film came together well across the board. The Friday films never had a great deal of substance, and I don't think they ever aspired to be anything more than something young kids could go see to have some fun on a Friday night, though I think they had their moments where they excelled beyond the typical horror film. I'm not the biggest fan of TCM, but TCM 2 is better than any of the Friday films!

Goes to hell, goes to space, goes to New Jersey, man those movies suck balls on so many levels it just kills the whole series

Well put, I don't think I could sit through any of those movies today where as Tcm is still watchable
Cheers, Deez. :duff

Haha, that's perfect. :lol

I've yet to see TCM 2 because I've read it's kind of a parody of the first, but I'll try and check it out sometime. Going back to Friday, the character really resonated with me since I saw the first films quite young, and Jason sort of had a life of his own in my imagination. I don't think without that that I could watch the films as an adult with no prior exposure and get into them.

Goes to hell, goes to space, goes to New Jersey, man those movies suck balls on so many levels it just kills the whole series
Yeah, I remember feeling pretty cheated by Manhattan. That was just an awful, awful movie. And Goes to Hell, again, they take a possibly interesting premise but then butcher the execution. Literally the only good part is watching the undercover FBI agent go about her routine in the beginning and then seeing Jason shot to bits. That might've been better saved for the end of another film, though... one in which the law finally catches up with Jason and ends his reign of terror for good!

Last edited:
I don't know if TCM is a parody of the first, but it is a horror comedy film. It's pretty insane, and speaks to me. Closer to Evil Dead 2 than TCM.

texas chainsaw 2 is insane... it is not a typical "ha ha" type of comedy, it is close in tone to the rob zombie movies.

Well one of Zombie's main go-to actors (Bill Moseley) really got his big break as Chop Top, so it is an obvious influence, though in my opinion, Zombie is a pale imitation of '80s Hooper.

Anyone ever done an all-day marathon of the whole series? I did it back in May 2011, it was fun but I doubt I'd attempt it again, very exhausting.

But you're OK with the 2nd Jasonless film (A New Beginning)?

Yeah, it had a fake Jason, and that's good enough for me. It was better than some old lady in the woods, but then again, I saw it when I was a kid, so at the time I probably thought it was Jason until the mask came off. If I remember correctly the film had the real Jason in those "dream" sequences or whatever it was, like when the crazy guy sees him in the room.

I could watch the earliest iterations of Zombie Jason do his thang for days, so VI, followed by VII, are my favorites. IV, then III, then the reboot follow. The rest get worse and worse, with IX sucking the most.

I actually saw JGTH in the theaters too back then, first movie of the series seen in theaters. To say it was a letdown is being kind.

I think friday 9 was my first jason movie but i was too little to understand what was happening, i didnt realize i saw a jason movie until years later

specially because all my friends kept talking about the "Jack the ripper movie on tv" i have no idea how everyone at my class knew him as Jack the ripper"

Anyone plan to watch any of them tomorrow for the occasion? I'll at least try to watch 2, 4 and 6.

Back