Friday the 13th (2009) Movie Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone I've talked to loved it :rock this movie is so badass! :rock

I just can't wait to get it on Blu Ray, I heard somewhere that there is suppose to be the theatrical version and then something entirely different? Someting like an entirely different version than what we saw in threatres?

If true this should be interesting.

I just can't wait to get it on Blu Ray, I heard somewhere that there is suppose to be the theatrical version and then something entirely different? Someting like an entirely different version than what we saw in threatres?

If true this should be interesting.

yeah,a version that's entirely different and doesn't just have more gore in it. I cannot wait to see it. I know there's going to be killer special features because they shot 5 endings to the movie so I'm hoping they include the others for us to see.

the guy who played Clay (Jared Padalecki) said that he wasn't sure if he would die or not in the final cut because they shot 5 endings. So I hop we get to see 'em.

This film is all the buzz at the Junior High I work at. The majority of my students have seen it, even my 6th Grade mentors students got in the past weekend. Hopefully we see a sequel greenlit soon.

I agree his Jason's new presence wasnt cheesy...its unfortunate that the rest of the movie was though. I still liked it and had a fun time watching, but I was hoping for something more similar, tone-wise, to the TCM remake.

The movie wasnt that what i had expected.

a cheap remake of the original movies. also i didnt like jasons outfit.
actors are bad, too. :mad:

Even though the original had a small budget it certainly doesn't come across as cheap, all the actors do a believable job especially a certain unknown named Kevin Bacon and Betsy Palmer who carries the movie. The original had an effective tense direction, an instantly branded score, and touched a nerve in fans that still resinates today. If it had just been a cheap movie with bad acting it would have been a footnote in the history of horror cinema instead of the great granddaddy of the slasher!

No. It is cheap. Thats why its so good. Its a small movie with poor production values, with great effects. It created a new form of entertainment.

Its all on the His Name Was Jason DVD.

Just got back and I was rather entertained! I found that there was a lot of little nods to classic Jason films. Someone did some homework and I was pleased with the subtle (but obvious too) tributes to the classics. Very pleased with this new installment and an excellent way to restart the franchise! Solid horror film.

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

i totally agree with you king!

They all acted the same to me. They may have become better actors...but really. The movie was not well acted. And it works for the movie. Because its about having fun, not realism.

No, it's always about making the best movie you can. Slacking off and then saying it's just for fun, or we weren't being serious about it is a crutch.

Someone on here had mentioned that going back to watching some of the older Fridays and then realizing that some of them are of crap quality, I have to agree with whomever made that statement (I can't locate it at this moment).

i'm still in shock of just finishing watching Part 7 and hating the crap out of it!

What a piece of turd!

Kane Hodder or not, Jason was ridiculously not scary! Even the girls were rancid!

It totally made me appreciate the remake that much more!

So far I revisited 1, 4 and 7 and I still LOVE part 1 but part 4 I had remembered being better BUT compared to 7, it's an oscar winner!

I lost all my desire for wanting the uncut part 7, I've seen the footage and it won't change a thing.....blah, paatwoee...dirty taste in my mouth.

Now I have to revist 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, X, 11, and JvF.

Man, I can only imagine what i'm getting myself into....

Seriously, after experiencing part 7 tonight which I admit has been awhile since I seen it, the new movie is a very superior Friday the 13th movie!

Last edited:
If you're actually judging them like a normal movie, you'll always hate them.

Just judge them on the hot chicks, the gore, and Man behind the mask.

Back