Friday the 13th (2009) Movie Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the massive amounts of pot referenced in the new F13 is way too much. I've been to several parties and camping trips and have NEVER seen someone bust out a bong.

Being in high school, that is actually the case. No one even gets drunk anymore. All everyone does is get high.

10 years since I've been in High School this year....and I only took three camping trips with my buddys, on two of those trips a bong was pulled out and used heavily. My clothes reeked for weeks even after washing. :lol

Going by Celtic's comments I'd say that its as accurate for some now as it was then.

I havent been on any camping trips...but thats all everyone does around here. Chills, and smoke weed.....

I found the strangers kind of boring as well..

That's all good, i'm not suggesting that just because I felt Strangers was scary for me that it would be for everyone else nor am I trying to take anything away from the new F13.

My point is that this F13 is a fun, action filled horror roller coaster ride of a movie and its marriage to Michael Bay actually makes sense to me because he is afterall the go to guy in Hollywood for non stop action movies (can anyone say, Transformer 2 trailer appropriately released in front of the F13 movie).

Jason is a horror movie version of Michael Bay filming an Enzo Ferrari racing other cars or fleeing the police on a Florida or California highway going at its maximum speed destroying then annihilating anything in its path with its brute force speed, same as the newer FASTER unstoppable Jason annihilating everything in his path with his blunt force machete trauma!

Is it FUN to watch, HELL YEAH!

Knowhere have I said that the new F13 didn't kick ass, albeit not perfect, but still very enjoyable.

AND I commend it for trying to introduce some actual terror, fear and scares into a F13 movie and it somewhat succeeded but only to a point because unfortunately its ceiling is very low and the ceiling it definately hit.

That ceiling being Jason himself and the need for him to be shown as much as possible because they know that Jason and his mask sell. He's actually a very hard character to make scary so it's no small feat that they were able to have acheived at least some fear.

That's ok, I love my new NECA Jason, he looks awesome in my collection, guilty as charged.

It's just that it got to a point in the movie for me where the newly introduced and much appreciated fear stopped happening in my head and the older formula of monster Jason just being Jason took over.

Towards the end, when he jumped down into the mine and Clay and his sister plus the other girl were trying to get away, I was no longer fearful of Jason and I just wanted to resume enjoying his kills for the cool gore fun factor spectacle of it all.

Anyone who spills their popcorn watching that movie was either very young or just flat out hates all horror movies because every single one of them is scary for them, even Jason vs Freddy.

Believe me, I can't wait for Michael Bay to continue giving me more Jason axe throwing wind ups like the one he did in this movie, very fun and cool to see, just like a speeding Enzo down a highway.

Maybe Jason driving an Enzo would be the ultimate fun carnage movie of ALL TIME!

Scary though......nah.....not for me anyways, I still know that it's him driving the car (or axe).

But for the time being, bring on the F13 remake onto DVD uncut please, with more gruesome fun gore added to the already good stuff that was on display.

Last edited:
I'd still buy a PF of this Mofo if Sideshow would made one.

i saw it also and did not think much of it really...same old same old sorry but..yeah

I thought the movie was great. Acting was well done (as I don't like the main guy at all acting wise) and the kills were fantastic, and for a Jason film, pretty original. I also think the homage to the old stuff was well done in this film, esp....

Spoiler Spoiler:

one of my favorite kills...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Definitely a must see for any Jason fan. :rock

I thought the movie was great. Acting was well done (as I don't like the main guy at all acting wise) and the kills were fantastic, and for a Jason film, pretty original. I also think the homage to the old stuff was well done in this film, esp....

Spoiler Spoiler:

one of my favorite kills...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Definitely a must see for any Jason fan. :rock

Yup, that and the arrow kill were well executed.

Yeah,IMO Derek Mears is the best Jason hands down. He came off as being so pissed and he just struck so hard. IMO Kane Hodder is out.

In other news Friday The 13th broke a record of highest grossing horror movie of all-time beating The Grudge. It made $42.2 million in it's opening weekend! :rock :rock :rock2 :rock2

Yeah,IMO Derek Mears is the best Jason hands down. He came off as being so pissed and he just struck so hard. IMO Kane Hodder is out.

In other news Friday The 13th broke a record of highest grossing horror movie of all-time beating The Grudge. It made $42.2 million in it's opening weekend! :rock :rock :rock2 :rock2

Holy smokes! WOW! Thats amazing and that means ................ SEQUEL much sooner than planned i'd assume. I mean obviously they will make sequels to this but I sure hope they bust a 1980-1989 thingy again :D

8 Friday films in 9 years? :horror I wouldn't mind that again :D

Holy smokes! WOW! Thats amazing and that means ................ SEQUEL much sooner than planned i'd assume. I mean obviously they will make sequels to this but I sure hope they bust a 1980-1989 thingy again :D

8 Friday films in 9 years? :horror I wouldn't mind that again :D

:lol yeah,I'm with you on that but I hope they stop making them before Jason becomes unscary again. They should do a few and then just stop them. If they get it so he's not scary anymore than that would suck so bad.

I think that it's the highest weekend grossing R rated movie for February to be more exact.

It's definately not the highest grossing horror movie of all time, it's still in its early stages of release but I think I know what you were trying to say....:D

Anyways, yes I agree that Mears did a very good job with making Jason into a brutal monster. Someone here had mentioned the close up on his left eye when he was killing stupendous girl in the house and I agree, he looked wacked out pissed off with determination to get the job done.

That stupendous girl is also going down as one of the most memorable girls in the series (alongside the twin swimmers from part 4) JUST because that dude decided to flip out over her boobs.....LOL

Go figure....boobs made her famous.

Her death then should've been Jason removing those boobs and stuffing it down that dude's throat, then impaling him on that tow truck.

That's it, let me make a F13 movie...i'll cross any stupid line.

I also would've added one more slice to the redneck's kill up in the barn, I would've had the second swing take off his jaw, that would've scared me.

AND I would've added one more machete stab to Clay's friend that had the machete come thru her chest, the second stab would've come thru her face, that would've also made me jump.

The arrow and under the dock kills I would've left alone, they were perfect!

I think that it's the highest weekend grossing R rated movie for February to be more exact.

It's definately not the highest grossing horror movie of all time, it's still in its early stages of release but I think I know what you were trying to say....:D

Anyways, yes I agree that Mears did a very good job with making Jason into a brutal monster. Someone here had mentioned the close up on his left eye when he was killing stupendous girl in the house and I agree, he looked wacked out pissed off with determination to get the job done.

That stupendous girl is also going down as one of the most memorable girls in the series (alongside the twin swimmers from part 4) JUST because that dude decided to flip out over her boobs.....LOL

Go figure....boobs made her famous.

Her death then should've been Jason removing those boobs and stuffing it down that dude's throat, then impaling him on that tow truck.

That's it, let me make a F13 movie...i'll cross any stupid line.

I also would've added one more slice to the redneck's kill up in the barn, I would've had the second swing take off his jaw, that would've scared me.

AND I would've added one more machete stab to Clay's friend that had the machete come thru her chest, the second stab would've come thru her face, that would've also made me jump.

The arrow and under the dock kills I would've left alone, they were perfect!

Learn how to use spoiler tags :cool:

When I was sat in the cinema there was a woman in front of me ( well in front of my friend ) and I could hear her moaning to her mate with her that there was no story and it was too gruesome.

Why the hell do people go and see a movie about a massive guy with a machete killing teenagers expecting a deep and complicated story ?!.
I got exactly what I wanted from this movie. I think it was awesome. :rock

Back