David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's Suicide Squad movie

I care about Harley Quinn, Deathstroke and Deadshot... Just not with that cast, I want something and someone new.

Margot can stay doe, or whatever, if they got someone else equally hot I don't think anybody would complain.

And since Assault on Arkham and suicide squad comics, they've been good material.

Since they're aiming for a JL focused universe, no, they shouldn't, besides the Flash is more popular than DS.

I just think the Flash is going to be a problem with a lot of people. Its basically going to alienate the TV show. People are going to know that Flash a couple of years before movie Flash comes around. They'll be wondering why there its not the same. If they are smart, they'll have Wally West be the movie Flash at least to separate the two. Making a film universe and a TV universe is a bad idea. They should be one and the same, like what Marvel is doing. Sure, scheduling might be a nightmare, but if they moved seasons or movie premiere dates around, they could make it work if they really wanted to. There is nothing set in stone when a TV season has to start or that a blockbuster has to come out in the summer. I personally feel releasing Blockbusters every week of the summer is a horrible idea as it really only gives you one good weekend to make most of your money. If you've got a good film, people will go anytime its released. That's why the first Hunger Games did so well - it had zero competition in March for weeks.

And its too bad, it seems the TV cast would really like to do the JL films too.

I don't see an issue with Flash. Most of the movie going audience will be clueless about the Flash TV show.

Smallville had no bearing on Man of Steel.

I think it's time studios start giving more credit to the general audience, they're not that dumb...

I think.

I don't see an issue with Flash. Most of the movie going audience will be clueless about the Flash TV show.

Smallville had no bearing on Man of Steel.

Wasn't Smallville over by the time Man of Steel came out?

Or Superman Returns. The same could be said about the Gotham show and Batfleck.

Gotham is obviously a prequel show. I don't think Afleck will be confused for Gotham's kid Bruce Wayne :lol

I think it's time studios start giving more credit to the general audience, they're not that dumb...

Well, as I mentioned earlier, Marvel's TV shows are in their film universe. Its not that far fetched for people to expect the same out of DC. I agree people are getting smarter, but I still remember the guy behind me saying "Didn't they already kill the Joker in the first one?" after Batman Begins was over. There are still idiots out there. Plus you've got to imagine how cringe worthy its going to be for the Flash TV show to be forced to advertise the Flash Movie :lol
I think.

Wasn't Smallville over by the time Man of Steel came out?

Yes, it was, but it was on when Superman returns came out.

Gotham is obviously a prequel show. I don't think Afleck will be confused for Gotham's kid Bruce Wayne :lol

Smallville was also a prequel and it was on at the same time Returns came out.

I still remember the guy behind me saying "Didn't they already kill the Joker in the first one?" after Batman Begins was over.
There are still idiots out there.

ItWasMee_zps2bfacc1e.gif

. . .

Yes, I was in the same clueless state back there.

This and The Flash are the least interesting movies in DC's slate of movies IMO.It's a shame that Death Stroke won't be in it. DC should have that character brought to the big screen. If he lead the Suicide Squad that would fricken awesome.

Did I miss something?? Did they confirm no Deathstroke?

I thought End of Watch was pretty damn great, if I do say so, myself, and Fury seems to be generating some positive buzz. He seems to be able to capture the spirit of camaraderie that such a team would need, so, I'm all in.

Back