David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's Suicide Squad movie

After watching Batman Arkham Assault, this has become my second most anticipated movie of 2016.

I'm really excited for this in a lot of ways. I just hope it winds up being more Training Day/End of Watch/Fury Ayer than Sabotage Ayer.:lol

I just watched Fury, Ayer’s directing skills are top notch, his writing isn’t though. Still, he’s proven at least with Fury, that he knows how to handle an ensemble cast, the best parts of that movie is the interaction between the 5 main characters. Oh and the action was incredible too :lol

Last edited:

I think this film is a mistake. Too soon, right after BVS, and what if BVS is not well received or is just an ok film? Even Marvel waited a while before doing GOTG, and this film just feels like WB wanting to make their own version of GOTG, and if it bombs, WB might put their plans on hold.

I think this film stands as sort of a "**** you" to people who want things done "the Marvel way." They're like "between BvS and Justice League, we're releasing two movies. One features a character that was already introduced in BvS, and the other has nothing to do with either." I love it, though. I don't think this'll be anything like GotG, but I think you need some stuff like this and Shazam, to keep things interesting.

If they do this with respect for the source, it shouldn't have many similarities to GOTG. This one should have unrepentant, villainous scum who would have no qualms in turning their backs on one another or killing in cold blood if it suited them. GOTG were more whores with hearts of gold. And in some ways that sums up the DC/WB vs. Marvel Studios approach in a nut shell.

I think this film stands as sort of a "**** you" to people. . .
Great point. I think this describes the DC WB movies pretty well.

When you have the most awful and self-entitled fanbase like DC has, that's the stance they should take. :lol

Good or bad, they'll moan.

This and The Flash are the least interesting movies in DC's slate of movies IMO.It's a shame that Death Stroke won't be in it. DC should have that character brought to the big screen. If he lead the Suicide Squad that would fricken awesome.

This and The Flash are the least interesting movies in DC's slate of movies IMO.It's a shame that Death Stroke won't be in it. DC should have that character brought to the big screen. If he lead the Suicide Squad that would fricken awesome.

SS has always been Deadshot's team, not Deathstroke's.

SS has always been Deadshot's team, not Deathstroke's.

True. I was hoping otherwise, seeing as liberties are taken when it comes to adapting these comic book movies to the big screen, just like video games. I thought the easter egg with Deathstroke at the end of Batman Arkham Origins was pretty sweet. I just find Deathstroke way more interesting then Deadshot. I think Deathstroke would be a better character to carry a movie rather then Deadshot.

True. I was hoping otherwise, seeing as liberties are taken when it comes to adapting these comic book movies to the big screen, just like video games. I thought the easter egg with Deathstroke at the end of Batman Arkham Origins was pretty sweet. I just find Deathstroke way more interesting then Deadshot. I think Deathstroke would be a better character to carry a movie rather then Deadshot.

I like Deathstroke more than Deadshot too, but I don't think we'll see Deathstroke on the Squad in anything but the Arkham series. At least not until that game does well enough and they react to it success. They have to officially announce it first though :lol

Deathstroke is popular enough to carry his own flick.

It's a shame that they don't have anything announced for Deathstroke. They should be doing a movie for Deathstroke over their announced Flash cross dressing movie.A Deathstroke movie would do quite well with the right director, cast, script etc.

Since they're aiming for a JL focused universe, no, they shouldn't, besides the Flash is more popular than DS.

So far the only thing that sounds interesting about this project is a scantly clad Margot Robbie with a gag gun and mallet. This is coming from someone who doesn't really like Harley Quinn.

Then again, I had no idea who the hell the Guardians of the Galaxy were before August and they turned out to be pretty great. I just don't get what would make this movie special outside the Margot Robbie part. It's a good bet Joker wouldn't be mentioned or included, so why should we care about Harley Quinn? Deathstrike and Deadshot? Since when have crappy comic book/video game bosses been good film material?

Back