Daredevil Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah gotta pick and choose these days, whatever doesn't fit into the final collection will get cut, I'm already boxing up too much anyways. I'll have a final rec room with all Marvel 1/4 with an environmental backdrop and a movie room for the non-Marvel 1/4 scale. A 1/4 scale DD will definitely come out anyways, just depends on when. If not there are always customs.

Hmmm, you have a closet I can live in? You won't even notice I am there! I could use a vacation and Australia would be far enough. What say u?!!! :)

Hmmm, you have a closet I can live in? You won't even notice I am there! I could use a vacation and Australia would be far enough. What say u?!!! :)

:lol:lol:lol Aus is cool but I'm on vacation atm, if not I'll be happy to show you around : ) The rooms aren't that big tho so it will be less than 10 statues per room to avoid clutter and the rest will be in the other pad. Picking which to display there is gonna suck. :x

:lol:lol:lol Aus is cool but I'm on vacation atm, if not I'll be happy to show you around : ) The rooms aren't that big tho so it will be less than 10 statues per room to avoid clutter and the rest will be in the other pad. Picking which to display there is gonna suck. :x

Perfect.....you won't even know I am there!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/3owLjBkEtHs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/3owLjBkEtHs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Was looking for the clip of the HUGE closet that Bender don't use. But this will suffice.

It does tend to get old. People bashing a piece only because it's 1/5 scale. I also subscribe to the theory that a beautiful sculpt is just that regardless of scale.

The same problems happen when comiquette collectors post in PF threads about the pajama costumes.

I will always love 1/4 fully sculpted statues the most. However, SSC doesn't subscribe to that theory. Their business motto is clear. 1/4 clothed statues and 1/5 fully sculpted. That's the reality we are left to deal with. There is just no use coming into a comiquette thread and bashing a piece just because it's 1/5 scale. Just wait for the 1/4 scale PF to be released. Eventually, it will be made. Leave the comiquette thread to people that collect and enjoy these pieces. If you are going to be critical or bash a sculpt, let it be for any other reason than just scale. If you are looking at a comiquette thread, are any of you really surprised that the piece is going to be 1/5 scale?

It does tend to get old. People bashing a piece only because it's 1/5 scale. I also subscribe to the theory that a beautiful sculpt is just that regardless of scale.

The same problems happen when comiquette collectors post in PF threads about the pajama costumes.

I will always love 1/4 fully sculpted statues the most. However, SSC doesn't subscribe to that theory. Their business motto is clear. 1/4 clothed statues and 1/5 fully sculpted. That's the reality we are left to deal with. There is just no use coming into a comiquette thread and bashing a piece just because it's 1/5 scale. Just wait for the 1/4 scale PF to be released. Eventually, it will be made. Leave the comiquette thread to people that collect and enjoy these pieces. If you are going to be critical or bash a sculpt, let it be for any other reason than just scale. If you are looking at a comiquette thread, are any of you really surprised that the piece is going to be 1/5 scale?

Well said. :goodpost:

1/4 scale or fail

muttley.gif

looks like I missed the fun. If you are a huge DD fan, having him in a variety of sizes is more than welcome. I look forward to this and the eventual pf.

the life size bust is a must. I hope they do both versions, just like the lsb.

I was actually hoping the exclusive for this comiquette was going to be the yellow version, but I may try and get one customized down the road.

has any DD fan tried to customize the art asylum statue from a number of years ago (the one with the cross) into a yellow version?

i dont buy that hand explanation..while that info may be true i doubt that was the reason its like that,,,,.im bothered by the hand placement as well...

the scale doesnt bother me as much as the direction they took with this piece..it couldve been so much better...

i agree. If you guys look at the art print and concept drawing, and compared it to the statue, the hand placement is not the same.

Like I said, Sideshow can do any charaters they want but for me it all comes down to pose. Dont care much for scale either.

Scale has never been a really huge issue within my collection. But this is one that I want, but am willing to wait for some in hand pics. Plus I want to wait until it hits 2nd chance. By that time I will have gathered enough rewards point to make this a free purchase (-) shipping.

i agree. If you guys look at the art print and concept drawing, and compared it to the statue, the hand placement is not the same.

Like I said, Sideshow can do any charaters they want but for me it all comes down to pose. Dont care much for scale either.

More than just the hand placement was changed from initial concept drawings, as DD body position is also slightly shifted. I believe that these changes were made because of how close the initial DD concept design mimics an already existing sculpt (which is not a DD sculpt, & a resin model), which is "AJARI", from Fewture models, sculpted by the great Takayuki Takeya. You can find pre-painted versions on Ebay.

i just checked ebay and what an awesome looking statue, however i dont think that is the reason why the concept drawing was slightly tweaked, unless you can provide some type of proof that was stated by a Sideshow rep that that is the reason. Otherwise I will continue to think that its just bad sculpting.

i just checked ebay and what an awesome looking statue, however i dont think that is the reason why the concept drawing was slightly tweaked, unless you can provide some type of proof that was stated by a Sideshow rep that that is the reason. Otherwise I will continue to think that its just bad sculpting.

No Toe, no proof, just a hunch, as I've owned the Ajari resin model for years, & was struck by how close the DD pose was as compared to Ajari. Would be interesting if this could be confirmed by someone at Sideshow.

As for calling this a bad sculpt because of a few tweaks, I find that a little extreme, but time will tell.

We all like different things, 1/4 scale, 1/5 scale...even 1/6 scale...some people like a uniformed display (like me) some don't, neither way wrong.

What is wrong however is coming into a thread and insulting ppl because of it. Discuss and debate pieces/displays but please do not just dismiss people or insult them since they do not collect the same as you.

Posts deleted, play nice.
x :peace

:love:love:love

We all like different things, 1/4 scale, 1/5 scale...even 1/6 scale...some people like a uniformed display (like me) some don't, neither way wrong.

What is wrong however is coming into a thread and insulting ppl because of it. Discuss and debate pieces/displays but please do not just dismiss people or insult them since they do not collect the same as you.

Posts deleted, play nice.
x :peace

Back