Daredevil Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate that one little thing can ruin it for me, but his right hand kills me.
I can't even blame Sideshow or the Sculptor, it's in the control art, but that hand really bugs me, seems like it should be holding onto the edge of the headstone, not limply touching it lol.

Even as much as I hated Thanos horse teeth, I still kept my order, but this hand...make it stop! :)

I hate that one little thing can ruin it for me, but his right hand kills me.
I can't even blame Sideshow or the Sculptor, it's in the control art, but that hand really bugs me, seems like it should be holding onto the edge of the headstone, not limply touching it lol.

Even as much as I hated Thanos horse teeth, I still kept my order, but this hand...make it stop! :)

Don't let the "slight of hand" fool you, or turn you off. Makes perfect sense, as DD is in the process of paying his respects to a beloved deceased (Electra or his father, take your pick). So his hand seems to depict a last tender pat on tombstone, before he leaps off into the night to kick some serious butt. Subtle, & perfect.

His hand gently resting on the grave is a fantastic aspect to this piece as it is a nod to his powers/abilities, he once felt a heart beat through a grave stone to locate someone still alive, he could also be feeling the grave's vibrations to locate the position of a bad guy in the graveyard and is waiting to pounce.

His sense of touch is extremely sensitive so it makes sense that he should be gently touching it, i think its a superb addition by the sculptor.

I actually bow to that information, and never thought of that, so I'm happy to admit fault in judgement. If something is happening for a specific reason it helps when you know it, thanks :)

Can't believe that some would consider this statue as mere fluff!? The sculpt. pose, base, & details are all outstanding, regardless if it's 1/5 scale. Surely one of the best DD representations anywhere. Don't understand, (nor do I want to), how some collectors dismiss great sculpts solely because of their hang-up with size!??..... Oh,.......kinda makes you wonder though.:lol:thud::cuckoo:

1/4 or fail :lecture

i dont buy that hand explanation..while that info may be true i doubt that was the reason its like that,,,,.im bothered by the hand placement as well...

the scale doesnt bother me as much as the direction they took with this piece..it couldve been so much better...

DD is at the very top of my list of marvel characters i want SS to do but with this offering i'll continue to wait for the 1/4 scale PF :exactly:

Don't let the "slight of hand" fool you, or turn you off. Makes perfect sense, as DD is in the process of paying his respects to a beloved deceased (Electra or his father, take your pick). So his hand seems to depict a last tender pat on tombstone, before he leaps off into the night to kick some serious butt. Subtle, & perfect.

That was so Elegantly said, Very Nice

That was so Elegantly said, Very Nice :goodpost:

i dont buy that hand explanation..while that info may be true i doubt that was the reason its like that,,,,.im bothered by the hand placement as well...

the scale doesnt bother me as much as the direction they took with this piece..it couldve been so much better...

Really? Could have been so much better? In what way?

1/4 or fail :lecture

Man, your empty mantra is getting so lame, like a runny ink stain. Take the time to smell a rose my friend, it may expand your sense of perception, cause right now, you is stuck, brainwashed, or both:wave.

Man, your empty mantra is getting so lame, like a runny ink stain. Take the time to smell a rose my friend, it may expand your sense of perception, cause right now, you is stuck, brainwashed, or both:wave.

yeahh...I want uniformity is my statues, not a miss match of scales that make the whole room look like crap

yeahh...I want uniformity is my statues, not a miss match of scales that make the whole room look like crap

If your reasoning works for you, fine, but it still makes little sense. It's like saying that different sized oil paintings, with different themes & styles, can't be hung on the same wall(?!), (but according to you they would not even be worthy of being showcased in the same room!?).

If your preference is 1/4 scale, that's great, but keep it to yourself, & collect with a bit more dignity & class, instead of spewing truly empty, misguided comments, over & over again. Just think before you ink.:wink1:

If your reasoning works for you, fine, but it still makes little sense. It's like saying that different sized oil paintings, with different themes & styles, can't be hung on the same wall(?!), (but according to you they would not even be worthy of being showcased in the same room!?).

If your preference is 1/4 scale, that's great, but keep it to yourself, & collect with a bit more dignity & class, instead of spewing truly empty, misguided comments, over & over again. Just think before you ink.:wink1:

Wtf are you talking about?

I'm defintely not the only person that collects only 1/4

I'm holding out for the 1/4 scale as well. This seems ok tho' just too small and pricey to fit in for me. I would probably have got it if it were 1/4 scale and everything else was the same.

Wow, you guys are adamant about 1/4 scales. Don't know if I have the will power. My Hulk Ex comiquette goes well with my Hulkbuster Ex comiquette. And this DareDevil comiquette is just as fine If I am into this character.

Wow, you guys are adamant about 1/4 scales. Don't know if I have the will power. My Hulk Ex comiquette goes well with my Hulkbuster Ex comiquette. And this DareDevil comiquette is just as fine If I am into this character.

Yeah gotta pick and choose these days, whatever doesn't fit into the final collection will get cut, I'm already boxing up too much anyways. I'll have a final rec room with all Marvel 1/4 with an environmental backdrop and a movie room for the non-Marvel 1/4 scale. A 1/4 scale DD will definitely come out anyways, just depends on when. If not there are always customs.

Back