Statue Captain America premium format mod (Now with pictures!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordRagnar

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello all, Im back with a custom project. My favorite client has a hankering for a better SS Captain America pf statue. Now I know some people will be shocked and angry that we have the audacity to mod a SSpf, but Im confident I can make it better, and since my client is never gonna sell it, who cares! The mods include,

-repaint both faces(just the flesh areas)

-Add a 1/4 scale Thompson to the "fist pump" hand that sideshow provides

-add a little enhancement to the base

-make a mold of the top neck and shoulders to make a bust to store/display the alternate head

So without further ado, heres some pics, first Im taking a look at the heads, the sculpting is great, but the painting leaves something to be desired

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Custom Captain America premium format

No pics posted, but it sounds interesting.

Sound good! Waiting to see your update and all the progress of the production

Looks great. The Thompson looks awesome.

Captain America PF Custom

Snadinator and Toe. . . .Boom pictures!

To everyone who was patient with me lol my computer messed up when I started the thread

Last edited:
Re: Captain America PF Custom

Heres some more shots of the helmeted head finished

Ok now for the bare head, Ill post some more in progress shots so you can see the stages I take the flesh through, for those that are interested

Here are some more progress photos, its almost done, just need to touch a few more details like his freckles, hair and gloss the eyes

Sorry all my computer acted up and now I apparently have two threads merged, not sure how to handle this, is there a way to delete one of the threads?

Oh and to Snadinator and Toe. . . .Boom pictures:nana: lol just in case you looked back at the thread hah

Last edited:

Ok just having some laughs, tonight Ill post some more pics of the finish bare head, and bust in progress. . . ..assuming my wifi wants to cooperate with me! Going to start building the Hobbyfan 1/4 scale Thompson and man that things a beauty! Ill put some pics up of that as well. More update pics later tonight!

Heres some pics of the finished head

Last edited:

Here are some pics of the bust for display of the second head when its not in the figure, I believe I may mount it on an empty .50 cal or 30mm round, instead of the wooden pedistal

As promised here are some pics of the hobbyfan Thompson before assembly, I think this is gonna be too much fun to build!

If I can offer some critique, I would say to tone down the detail on the forehead as it is aging Cap considerably.

Aside from that, nice work.

Thanks Snard! Yeah I thought about doing that, I just may have to now, easily fixed though. Just a couple of thinned coats of the highlight color I used. Oh to anyone who is interested the flesh is all brush painted, no airbrushing here jack! Just finished building the Thompson, so on to casting and painting it, then modding the "fist pump" hand to be holding that bad boy. New update pics coming soon!

Back