1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those work surprisingly well with that outfit.

I wanted a Cap on display in my room so I brought mine back out today and compared it to CW-BV Cap and until now I never realized how oddly proportioned the outfit is on AoU Cap... It was one of my favorites at one point, but now I kinda want to mod it to look better.

Yeah the pants are definitely way too baggy and need to be taken in, and the hem at the top lowered to be more like the CW Cap. I'd also love to see someone weather this up a bit, since the outfit was never that clean and bright in the movie.

I’ve said it before, would love to see a mix of this figures arms with the Civil War Cap. Specially if you added the Avengers boots and gloves, would be a lot if work of course, but nice to see. I guess It could just be photoshopped too though, so I may have to just try that. :dunno

*Happiness* - when ur a got-a-late-start collector:horror but then...u get some figs esp. CW and TWS, kick back, read more posts and look at more pics, spend the year picking up bargains (thanks Popcultcha!:cool:), get Ultron BW in and really like her (and her pops of color), get Ultron Hawkeye in and am pretty impressed, and finally after cringing at 'bay prices shooting skyward:horror:monkey2 source a NIB Ultron Cap u feel is *reasonable$$$*...high, but reasonable for a fig going for ~500-700$ NIB at times:horror

He's warming up...no pun intended:monkey3. Just unboxed and ice cold from the mail truck. Besides, Cap had been sealed up 3-4 years now? So won't mess with him much yet. Just sayin' getting the impression fig-wise - and might be wrong - that TWS/Ultron/CW may have been HTs best Marvel years.
I dunno:dunno. My Ultron figs just feel pretty quality - lots of costume details, accessories, solid feeling figs, great sculpts (even if re-used, great paint jobs). :clap

Anyway a few pics. Read reviews and posts - since I keep my figs and probably won't be that many more Caps - he's everything I hoped for. Beautiful fig:love is gonna be asset to the collection.:cool: I'll never have complete movie collections$$$, but I NEEDED this Cap. He's awesome.

HotToys_UltronCap1.jpg

HotToys_UltronCap2.jpg

Congrats @sassafras

I’ve had mine since release and had to pay a premium as I missed the SS offering. Still happy with my premium purchase in this one.

Hoping for one more beauty out of A4. Happy collecting.

545a7887e637577b4e28e3b98a7516d4.jpg

That’s Peggy in the background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked this one up as my first Hot Toys Cap. It looks great. I love the magnetic shield - I wish they'd do that again/in the future with other Captain America figures. I enjoy the magnetic features they use when they choose to do so.

Yeah, it’s arguably my favorite Cap figure of the ones I have. I still maintain the conviction that the proportions on it are better than the CW version. The torso doesn’t have a boxy look to it like the CW figure does.

Traded away my Civil War Captain America yesterday for the AOU Cap and $150. To my surprise, at least initially here I like the AOU Cap significantly more. IMG_3784.jpgIMG_3785.jpgIMG_3787.jpgIMG_3788.jpg

After watching EG, Cap really grew on me as a character and I like his fighting spirit. I've the Concept Cap but wanted a film appearance version, and I got to nab a loose AoU and received it today, and it's striking! :thud:

*Happiness* - when ur a got-a-late-start collector:horror but then...u get some figs esp. CW and TWS, kick back, read more posts and look at more pics, spend the year picking up bargains (thanks Popcultcha!:cool:), get Ultron BW in and really like her (and her pops of color), get Ultron Hawkeye in and am pretty impressed, and finally after cringing at 'bay prices shooting skyward:horror:monkey2 source a NIB Ultron Cap u feel is *reasonable$$$*...high, but reasonable for a fig going for ~500-700$ NIB at times:horror

He's warming up...no pun intended:monkey3. Just unboxed and ice cold from the mail truck. Besides, Cap had been sealed up 3-4 years now? So won't mess with him much yet. Just sayin' getting the impression fig-wise - and might be wrong - that TWS/Ultron/CW may have been HTs best Marvel years.
I dunno:dunno. My Ultron figs just feel pretty quality - lots of costume details, accessories, solid feeling figs, great sculpts (even if re-used, great paint jobs). :clap

Anyway a few pics. Read reviews and posts - since I keep my figs and probably won't be that many more Caps - he's everything I hoped for. Beautiful fig:love is gonna be asset to the collection.:cool: I'll never have complete movie collections$$$, but I NEEDED this Cap. He's awesome.

View attachment 434154

View attachment 434155

Congrats @sassafras

I’ve had mine since release and had to pay a premium as I missed the SS offering. Still happy with my premium purchase in this one.

Hoping for one more beauty out of A4. Happy collecting.

545a7887e637577b4e28e3b98a7516d4.jpg

That’s Peggy in the background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a great figure
d6f4e3a218c0309772104b9765741903.jpg

All these fabulous pics!! :clap :clap

What?s a decent price for this guy on the secondary market these days?

Dunno really but I always check the original list price - which was ~$225 - and then work from there.

Personally for NIB, I don't pay more than double the original list price. I figure someone has to sit on and store a fig, so some markup is reasonable. On the other hand even NIB is aging etc. For me paying double is max for NIB and I hafta really, really, really want the fig. I think I only did that once - wasn't for the NIB Ultron Cap.

If fig is used, then a lot more thinking goes on. But if someone wants to give me $1000.00 for my on-display Civil War Falcon or my CW Wanda, sure. I'll even let my Ultron Cap go for that kind of money.:monkey3

This AoU Cap is spectacular! The Rogers head sculpt is phenomenal, and I'm ecstatic to have a film appearance Cap in the collection. I got it loose, it didn't come with a shield or masked head sculpt, will have to track the latter down for a decent price but I have an EFX 1/6 die-cast shield coming for him since the HT shields seem scarce.

3K9NZMw.jpg

EAqAngm.jpg

AAd5oMV.jpg

JxShKFx.jpg

eNYDDXW.jpg

I got the spare helmet from the Mk XLVI IM

jM95Pak.jpg

I don't have a Thor, and would love to pose it holding Mjolner, but I do have a HT Stormbreaker, which if I'm not mistaken he also held it briefly in EG

pTH5FSx.jpg

My only HT Cap, and the only one I need. :)

AOU is by far my favorite MCU Cap costume. The white on the sleeves makes it look the closest we got to a comic book version of Cap's costume.

This AoU Cap is spectacular! The Rogers head sculpt is phenomenal, and I'm ecstatic to have a film appearance Cap in the collection. I got it loose, it didn't come with a shield or masked head sculpt, will have to track the latter down for a decent price but I have an EFX 1/6 die-cast shield coming for him since the HT shields seem scarce.

Yeah, I decided I needed him late in the game but no regrets. BTW the EFX shield is real nice but it is really heavy - heavier than the KO diecast shield I had picked up for CW display. U can make it work tho.

Back