Statue Captain America premium format mod (Now with pictures!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple of update pics, here is the 1/4 scale Thompson by hobbyfan built, yet to be painted

Here is the mold I made of it, my plan is to cast a copy, use that to put in the bare hand of cap, then paint the original so it can be used as a "slung" version, to give my client more options

Here are some pics of the base, I shaded and drybrushed it a bit to give it some more depth and pop

Needless to say I'm excited as well! I've wanted this statue since it came out! I'm glad LordRagnar's available for commissions and does such fine work. Can't wait to see what he does with the Thompson!

Did you get some work done on yours as well, bmarz?

Yes fellas, this is my statue LordRagnar is working on. He's done all my customs and we have a great working relationship; I dream it and he builds it.

Something tells me this is going to be my favorite of all the customs he's made for me. He's really having fun with it! He just informed me he's casting a bust for the spare head to be displayed! Can't wait to see it!

Yes fellas, this is my statue LordRagnar is working on. He's done all my customs and we have a great working relationship; I dream it and he builds it.

Something tells me this is going to be my favorite of all the customs he's made for me. He's really having fun with it! He just informed me he's casting a bust for the spare head to be displayed! Can't wait to see it!

That sounds like an awesome thing you got going. Be sure to keep us updated with pics. Looking forward to it!

will do, I think sideshow really missed out on giving the customer that little extra, having a small bust to display the alternate head in is so easy, how could you not do it? :cuckoo:

Anyway, here are some pics of the roughed in modded hand, pretty soon I will start painting the thompsons and bust and then the updates will be a lot more interesting, but this is the nitty gritty of getting it done. Please not that this is a rough mock up, the sculpting needs to be refined, and nthumb added back in and still more sections of the gun added.

Thanks guys for the kind words, I hope Bmarz will love this statue mod, I really think its gonna be a great piece. Since I put the last set of pics up I have refined the hand gripping the Thompson, Its coming along beautifully, and will start painting it and the other "slung" Thompson soon. Hopefully Ill have some nice pics of the statue holding the gun and with repainted heads soon. A little side note about why I separated the hand, It made painting the gun easier as I had to do a fair amount of cutting and building back up to get the hand looking like it was gripping a gun, so the gun had to be modeled in the hand before I started painting. I then hollowed out the wrist a bit and puttied up the end of the fist to make sort of a multi pose ball and socket. This allows me to put the arm on the figure and pose the Thompson just right before glueing. More pics coming soon and thank you all again for your praise and kind words, It gives me the motivation to push my limits and keeps me excited about the project for Bmarz!

Thank you so much Chapter 2099! your kind words are a great motivation :yess:
Here are some pics of the statue with the unpainted modified hand so you can see what im going for.

Both heads and the base have been repainted by me, and I will paint the hand that holds the Thompson as well as the gun, and yes I forgot to put the clip in the gun for the pictures:slap

The magazines are removable on both guns so I just left it on my workbench, ill snap some pics of the stature with the clip in the gun soon

Back