1/6 Hot Toys MMS351 Captain America: Civil War The Winter Soldier Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, Sebastian Stan has announced that he is not in the Black Panther film :gah:
https://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/07/16/black-panther-bucky-barnes-winter-soldier-sebastian-stan/
Ah yeah, I know already. Well, maybe he is in one of the credits scenes. ^^

Jesus really? People want Bucky in this film? We've gotten 2 great movies with The WS already.

I want to see T'Challa and Killmonger fight it out
I don't want him in the movie like Iron Man was in Cap 3 or even in Spider-Man but I thought it would be strange to ignore his presence in Wakanda especially considering how the movie is set right after CW and WS is a wanted criminal and T'Challa is hiding him ... XD As I said before, that would be a huge reason for anyone in Wakanda to be against the new king. I just think it makes sense that someone addresses he's there in cryo or that we see T'Challa check with the doctors or walk past the freezer. XD

I mean, seriously guys, a few seconds of Bucky in the Black Panther movie wouldn't have taken away from it being a Black Panther movie. A few seconds, not CW ... you know, the final Cap movie that you can buy with Tony Stark's face on the slip cover. I'm sorry, I'm still bitter about that one ...

But really, I don't care. ^^'' There's enough to gush about in the Black Panther movie with that gorgeous cast, so I'm fine. :lol

I need some help with this figure. I wanted to open up his jacket and in doing that, the zipper came all the way off. I can't get it back on now. Is there a trick or method for getting the zipper back on and closing the jacket? Seems ridiculously difficult.

I need some help with this figure. I wanted to open up his jacket and in doing that, the zipper came all the way off. I can't get it back on now. Is there a trick or method for getting the zipper back on and closing the jacket? Seems ridiculously difficult.

It is ridiculously difficult re the small zipper size and HT being cheap e.g. no "insertion pin" for the zipper and no real zipper stop. Google zipper repair you'll get a lot of hits w. pictures re getting the slide back on. You might have to widen the slide w. needle nose pliers/screwdriver to get it back on the teeth of one side.

Then you have to get the other set of zipper teeth inserted into the slide and the teeth lined up. Re-zip and use a few tack stitches at the bottom of the zipper as a zipper stop - the jacket zipper should have been stitched at the bottom.

It's a fiddly job I had to do on a sourced 1/6 fake leather jacket. Stiffening the cloth (where the bottom teeth of the zipper are) with glue helped getting the zipper teeth back into the slide. Pain in the **** and took a while.

It is ridiculously difficult re the small zipper size and HT being cheap e.g. no "insertion pin" for the zipper and no real zipper stop. Google zipper repair you'll get a lot of hits w. pictures re getting the slide back on. You might have to widen the slide w. needle nose pliers/screwdriver to get it back on the teeth of one side.

Then you have to get the other set of zipper teeth inserted into the slide and the teeth lined up. Re-zip and use a few tack stitches at the bottom of the zipper as a zipper stop - the jacket zipper should have been stitched at the bottom.

It's a fiddly job I had to do on a sourced 1/6 fake leather jacket. Stiffening the cloth (where the bottom teeth of the zipper are) with glue helped getting the zipper teeth back into the slide. Pain in the **** and took a while.

Thanks for the advice. I was worried that I would have to widen the zipper itself. I'm afraid of applying too much force and snapping it. Oh well, I'll give it a try.

Thanks again.

Does anybody on here have the Acplay stealth version of Bucky? Just wondering as I think this thing looks pretty awesome contemplating picking it up, maybe try a bash of sorts with the HT one.
downloadfile.jpg

Does anybody on here have the Acplay stealth version of Bucky? Just wondering as I think this thing looks pretty awesome contemplating picking it up, maybe try a bash of sorts with the HT one.
View attachment 401125

Yeah. Think there's a separate thread on this guy if you search. IMO good enough and the clothes are great - to scale as is the backpack.

Issues for me - I like rooted hair but this needed futzing or wetting down to get hat on. Can't remember if the jacket fit an HT but I wish they had added more looseness. Hands are not SA. For me the shoes drove me nuts - they are the foot portion of the TWS boot and I thought they looked like sneakers. I sourced some 1/6 hiking boots to replace. Also still fussing about the hands - sourcing 1/6 gloved hands. I think switching heads had to futz.

IMO worth buying for the outfit and fig is OK. Needs work to be SA tho. The red shirt is especially good re to-scale buttons. Also when I tried to find 1/6 henleys they are hard to find. Lots of Tshirts but not henleys. Backpack also correct scale. If u buy parted out u need regular body nothing fits over HT Bucky arm except stretchy loose tops.

View attachment 401125
If you replace the hideous head with a Hot Toys head, then yes, it's definitely worth the pick up. I personally like the body of the Acplay figure, it's holding poses well and doesn't feel too flimsy.

IMG_1257-2b.jpg

IMG_1242-3b.jpg

Decided to order this guy while I can still get him at retail (used Popcultcha's Friday the 13th coupon). I know we're getting an Infinity War Bucky, but it won't have his Winter Soldier red star arm.

Decided to order this guy while I can still get him at retail (used Popcultcha's Friday the 13th coupon). I know we're getting an Infinity War Bucky, but it won't have his Winter Soldier red star arm.

Congrats! One of my Buckys and SW is from Popcultcha.

Silver arm probably one reason CW Bucky cost way up on the 'bay tho all the CW figs are up. I really like CW Bucky. At least the ones I have the bodies are sturdy and he's easy to work with. Sourced a shield for him so I'm good. Think the sculpt is too generic and nose is wrong so hope Bucky will be getting an improved sculpt for IW.

I can't decide which arm I like better at this point. But while the starred arm is iconic I'm thrilled the filmmakers are being IMO logical and using Wakanda tech as opposed to something IMO tame where Bucky's old arm was rebuilt or copied for IW. Plus hafta assume Wakanda didn't mess about re the capabilities of the new arm.:drool

Congrats! One of my Buckys and SW is from Popcultcha.

Silver arm probably one reason CW Bucky cost way up on the 'bay tho all the CW figs are up. I really like CW Bucky. At least the ones I have the bodies are sturdy and he's easy to work with. Sourced a shield for him so I'm good. Think the sculpt is too generic and nose is wrong so hope Bucky will be getting an improved sculpt for IW.

I can't decide which arm I like better at this point. But while the starred arm is iconic I'm thrilled the filmmakers are being IMO logical and using Wakanda tech as opposed to something IMO tame where Bucky's old arm was rebuilt or copied for IW. Plus hafta assume Wakanda didn't mess about re the capabilities of the new arm.:drool

Yeah, for the film I think changing the arm to have that Wakanda feel makes a lot of sense. It also gives collectors some variety. So while I try and stick to my one figure per character policy, I think I can justify owning two versions of this guy.

I'm considering picking up a used MMS351 and wanted to check if there are any quality issues with the jacket external surface flaking or peeling. I asked since I heard the jacket surface flaking is an issue with the original Winter Soldier MMS241 figure. From pictures and review videos I couldn't tell if the jacket material is the same between the two versions. I did a keyword search on this thread but nothing came up. If anybody has any feedback or suggestions I would really appreciate it. Thanks

I'm considering picking up a used MMS351 and wanted to check if there are any quality issues with the jacket external surface flaking or peeling. I asked since I heard the jacket surface flaking is an issue with the original Winter Soldier MMS241 figure. From pictures and review videos I couldn't tell if the jacket material is the same between the two versions. I did a keyword search on this thread but nothing came up. If anybody has any feedback or suggestions I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Not similar at all really. Civil War winter soldier has more of a parka type jacket so should be fine.

Is CA: Winter Soldier Bucky just crazy expensive now??

Does anyone have any advice for picking one up? I only seem to see him new on eBay for £700 from the same two sellers. Are there any Facebook groups to keep an eye on? Likewise, if anyone is thinking of selling one... although who knows how much you could charge... :/

Otherwise it might have to be this guy for me.

Is CA: Winter Soldier Bucky just crazy expensive now??

Does anyone have any advice for picking one up? I only seem to see him new on eBay for £700 from the same two sellers. Are there any Facebook groups to keep an eye on? Likewise, if anyone is thinking of selling one... although who knows how much you could charge... :/

Otherwise it might have to be this guy for me.

Much as I love Bucky - this is my fav MCU character - IMO unless this is the grail of all grail figs for you - the prices I see are crossing the line even for a diehard Winter Soldier fan. Just checked and 700 pounds is like, about 900 dollars U.S. For a several-year old fig (tho uber-cool) that a few have reported peeling jacket. Not sure any fig is worth that much except a diecast Hulkbuster. 'Coz these figs aren't made like something u know will become an antique.

CW Bucky is selling 2-3x retail as well - a lot of the CW figs are marked way up. Best suggestion is Facebook and picking up good used from someone with great feedback. Yeah, I paid marked-up prices for my TWS Bucky but it wasn't nearly $1,000.:horror. Another option is to slowly source and pick up sculpts, weapons, a body etc. It will still cost. But you can kitbash a pretty good WS. The CW body works with the TWS costume and sculpts.

Much as I love Bucky - this is my fav MCU character - IMO unless this is the grail of all grail figs for you - the prices I see are crossing the line even for a diehard Winter Soldier fan. Just checked and 700 pounds is like, about 900 dollars U.S. For a several-year old fig (tho uber-cool) that a few have reported peeling jacket. Not sure any fig is worth that much except a diecast Hulkbuster. 'Coz these figs aren't made like something u know will become an antique.

CW Bucky is selling 2-3x retail as well - a lot of the CW figs are marked way up. Best suggestion is Facebook and picking up good used from someone with great feedback. Yeah, I paid marked-up prices for my TWS Bucky but it wasn't nearly $1,000.:horror. Another option is to slowly source and pick up sculpts, weapons, a body etc. It will still cost. But you can kitbash a pretty good WS. The CW body works with the TWS costume and sculpts.

Wow, when did this happen - After Infinity War? I won a new one on eBay back in January for @$180, and I recall there being other buy-it-now options at that time in the low $200s.

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah love Bucky, and TWS look is just so iconic - but there’s no way I’m paying current prices. See what happens down the line I guess - although as a character he could be around for a while yet!... damn origins figure.

I’ll keep an eye out for him, and consider sourcing pieces - but being new to collecting that’s a daunting prospect.

Wow, when did this happen - After Infinity War? I won a new one on eBay back in January for @$180, and I recall there being other buy-it-now options at that time in the low $200s.

Yeah, I think after IW images and trailers released - IM CW Bucky and BP were overpriced retail at $220. I think it sunk in that it *may* be the last chance for an iconic shiny silver arm - at least *in general* that's what I think I was seeing. CW figs sold out at regular retailers (I got BP at last minute retail) then the usual price bump and THEN after IW prices began to climb for more popular characters anyway:horror. Esp. with Feige talking about the "end of the MCU phases":(. I know I've been grabbing what I can from "original MCU" as affordable. Now even used is posted at high prices and for some figs like CW Cap NIB forget it $$$$.

I’ll keep an eye out for him, and consider sourcing pieces - but being new to collecting that’s a daunting prospect.

Totally understand. And it depends too on whether you are a collector who will barely touch their figs, or one like me who believes if I paid for them I am gonna enjoy them (within reason - no eating greasy foods and playing w. the figs:monkey3).

But you'll get up to speed fast! Just remember the "warm with blow dryer" when switching heads/parts around. I use hot water too. Get a repair kit together that includes: small pliers, fine point tweezers, slant tweezers, fabric glue, and super glue, small sharp scissors. That's for stuff that pops off 'coz HT uses cheap glue. Misc. other stuff like pins and needle files. Useful stuff to have on hand for 1/6 figs.

If you have to have a Bucky and want to kit bash, u still will pay. But suggest - source out CW Bucky or at least body. Then TWS head or heads come online pretty often - originals and *custom*. Replace parka jacket with black motorcycle jacket or some sort of tactical jacket. Then u can have fun (at least I did) picking up 1/6 tactical gear, weapons, even sunglasses and boots. Genuine HT parts are gonna cost.:monkey3 Takes time and some patience, but u can get yourself a Winter Soldier.

I've had good luck w. used from folks with good feedback, too. So far, anyway.

Back