Statue Captain America premium format mod (Now with pictures!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And some more pics, thanks again for everyones kind words and praises, it means the world to me and I love making Bmarz's dreams a reality. . . .even if I ocassionally put the gun in the wrong hand of a figure or something:rotfl

some close in shots of the hand mod, please not that it is only blu tacked in place(well white poster putty, blu tack slighty less sticky and prone to dropping the dam gun hand off while u take a f&%*#$% pictures brother), so the angle and placement will change slightly, but I think you can get the idea

Thanks Chapter 2099, and thank you Bigwhammo! I sincerely appreciate your input, and bmarz, I know your gonna love this thing! I cnt wait till I get the gun arm and bust done so I can show you guys what he looks like. Credit has to go to Bmarz for the idea for this project though, all Ive done is the sculpting and painting and mistakingly put the tommy gun in the wrong hand :slap

Which worked out best I think :clap

Some more update pics of the bust and guns in progress

Hoyt,

The wood grain on the stock is amazing! I can't wait to see the Tommy's all painted up! I agree your placement of the gun will balance the figure more. Call it a "happy accident". ;)

Brady

Thanks Bmarz! now heres some pics of the bust finished, just need to mount it on a base, as I said I will prolly use a .50 cal shell and some sort of round piece of metal, something really military looking

Thanks man, Im really loving this, nearly done, just making the slings for both rifles and then I need to drill and pin the hand to the arm,and also do some slight tweaks to the guns, light weathering(very light) and final burnishing with graphite on the metal parts to make them really look like parkerized metal. More pics coming soon and cap will be ready to send to you within about a week or so buddy!

attachment.php

That's really cool!!!

thank you so much! Im pretty proud of it, the bust was born out of ego hah, I couldn't stand the thought of having painted two nice heads and having bmarz only be able to display one at a time, . . . .enter alumilite mold putty! I just mixed up a batch, slapped it on the neck and shoulders of the statue(its a silicon base so it doesn't hurt paint or leave any residue) and boom painted that sucker up, added a big shell casing(fake 40mm grenade , full scale, I know cap never used one but it does the trick at looking like a big dam bullet), and mount that on a circle of wood textured and painted to look like rough cut steel. Im pretty happy with how it came out, now Bmarz has a modded statue and a bust to display both heads! easy peasy. Thanks again Drum18, great job loading that pic so its nice and big!

Back