Call of Duty 5 (World at War)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the Beta (thanks to Karma for hookin me up). Anybody who doesn't like this and likes COD4 is retarded, being as it pretty much is the same game, but set in WWII. Looks just like IW did it. Plays the same, same perks, customization of weapon classes, etc. Graphics are AMAZING. Easy purchase.

https://www.gamepro.com/article/new...ll-of-duty-title-could-be-set-in-world-war-2/

Treyarch hints next Call of Duty title could be set in... World War 2By Jack Loftus October 17, 2008 06:35 AM PST Print Email this! Share
Digg Yahoo Buzz! FaceBook StumbleUpon del.icio.us Buzz up!Comments [11]If Treyarch has its way, the World War 2 FPS genre could soon be renamed the 'Never Ending War.'

Is the World War 2 genre ready for retirement? Probably not, if comments from Treyarch Studios are any indication.

Treyarch, as you may know, is the developer behind Call of Duty: World at War, the fifth installment in the series. It also marks a return to the WW2 setting after the critically acclaimed modern day warfare presented in Infinity Ward's Call of Duty 4.

But, in an interview with CVG, Helle was unable to deny that the next CoD would leave the WW2 genre behind. "I can't say that there won't ever be a WWII Call of Duty game again," he said.

So what kinds of WW2 FPS ideas are left?

"If we had time we might have shown the end of the war from many different country's perspectives, and maybe that's a story still untold," Helle said.

"In the meantime people definitely haven't seen the final charge of the Red Army, people haven't seen what the fighting was like in Okinawa and I think it's definitely important to show those stories from a polished perspective rather than show some of the mopping up elsewhere in the world," he said.

I think it is fine if they stick with WWII but only every other year. So next year hopefully Infinity Ward releases another Modern Warfare or something, and then Treyarch can do WWII again the year after and so on.

I love the Beta (thanks to Karma for hookin me up). Anybody who doesn't like this and likes COD4 is retarded, being as it pretty much is the same game, but set in WWII. Looks just like IW did it. Plays the same, same perks, customization of weapon classes, etc. Graphics are AMAZING. Easy purchase.

the thing is, this is why i dont like it. they really didn't put any effort into it. just copy and pasted COD4 with WWII skins and weapons. the same annoying things with COD4 are here and are still annoying with COD5.

I don't really have any problems with COD4, so it's still good with me. Although I'll miss the red dot sight.

But the rumors are that the next COD from Infinity Ward will be a sort of Sci-Fi version, which would be pretty cool.

I don't really have any problems with COD4, so it's still good with me. Although I'll miss the red dot sight.

But the rumors are that the next COD from Infinity Ward will be a sort of Sci-Fi version, which would be pretty cool.

Believe it or not, there is a sight that is the red dot sight... in this version though, it's just a glass scope, with a black dot on it. Looks scratched up and stuff... very badassery.

I wasnt lucky enough to get into the beta (Late night out and slept all day) so I missed out. I'm just interested in seeing if this is any better than the rest of the WWII games out there. I loved COD4 but I'm really sick of the WWII genre overall.

I wasnt lucky enough to get into the beta (Late night out and slept all day) so I missed out. I'm just interested in seeing if this is any better than the rest of the WWII games out there. I loved COD4 but I'm really sick of the WWII genre overall.

If you loved COD4, you'll at least like the way this game plays. If you're sick of WWII, then I don't know if I can suggest it obviously. But, the game play (beta wise) is amazing.

If you loved COD4, you'll at least like the way this game plays. If you're sick of WWII, then I don't know if I can suggest it obviously. But, the game play (beta wise) is amazing.

It just seems like the WWII genre doesnt change from game to game. At least if they are keeping the COD4 style it might help it. But its also a new developer making this one. So I'm really just wating for a review of the game to decide. If it does well then I'll give it a chance.

It just seems like the WWII genre doesnt change from game to game. At least if they are keeping the COD4 style it might help it. But its also a new developer making this one. So I'm really just wating for a review of the game to decide. If it does well then I'll give it a chance.

Well not really, it's developed by Treyarch, which are the same people who did Call of Duty 3 (not the most popular game around here btw). But they apparently worked under the eyes of Infinity Ward to really make the game VERY similar to COD4.

Yet another game right now I'm looking forward to playing and comparing to Brother's In Arms as far as WWII stuff goes.

I just got the beta code, I am going to download this when I get back in town.

Whats funny is I was going to ask a friend to get me a beta before I found the email

I just got the beta code, I am going to download this when I get back in town.

Whats funny is I was going to ask a friend to get me a beta before I found the email

get ready for a long wait. the download took me about 45 minutes or so.

Mine took about 5 minutes. I think it just depends how busy XBL is at the time.

There will be a "zombie mode" in COD: WW:

from Kotaku:

Revealed on Gametrailers TV overnight — Call of Duty: World at War will feature a "zombie mode" that's unlocked once you complete the game. It's a four-player co-op mode pitting you against endless waves of Nazi undead. Man, that sounds cool just saying it. The mode features its own economy economy in which things like buying weapons as well as making barricades and moving obstacles cost money. Yes, flamethrowers are involved.

You have to go to Gametrailers to watch the whole thing, it's the last mark on the thing's progress bar, if you don't want to watch the whole show.

Producer Dan Bunting called it "total survival horror." Guess that means it won't be on the Wii version!

World War II, Zombies Too! [Gametrailers.com, thanks reader Zaaman]

the zombie mode vid is only acessible through the whole GT show, so skip forward if you want to watch the whole thing.

I got my beta invite last night!

Check your email.

This game is sweet. I've never played COD4 so this is my first taste. And the level cap seems to be at 28 or higher now.

Back