Call of Duty 5 (World at War)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gettin' this fo sho! Nickto on PSNetwork if you wanna hit me up, strange I am feeling a bit sick that day. Hmm...

i was dissapointed to hear that they would be going back to WWII...but COD4 has go me addicted to the series...so ill be grabbin this ASAP

i was dissapointed to hear that they would be going back to WWII...but COD4 has go me addicted to the series...so ill be grabbin this ASAP

While it is back in WWII, I have never played a WWII pacific game. So that is one reason I am interested.

I was cynical but this new footage rocks, just a shame it comes out around same time as gears but I'll rent it and run through the game in 4 player coop

https://www.gametrailers.com/player/40665.html

yup, same here. i love WW2 stuff, and will definitely rent this, and probably eventually buy it.

4 player coop sounds good, if you're down, i'm down.

Whens the release date for this blokes? Im a WWII nut, so ill get it for sure, but im just pooped they went back to treyarch to make this. although im sure theyll deliver with the online

Whens the release date for this blokes? Im a WWII nut, so ill get it for sure, but im just pooped they went back to treyarch to make this. although im sure theyll deliver with the online

November 11th is when it is supposed to be released.

I was cynical but this new footage rocks, just a shame it comes out around same time as gears but I'll rent it and run through the game in 4 player coop

https://www.gametrailers.com/player/40665.html

Wow this game is looking better and better. This is looking to be the best holiday gaming season I have seen, and I guarantee you I will be spending my X-mas break playing video games non-stop for a month.:monkey3

Wow this game is looking better and better. This is looking to be the best holiday gaming season I have seen, and I guarantee you I will be spending my X-mas break playing video games non-stop for a month.:monkey3

That makes 2 of us.

Achievement list.

Carlson's Raiders 10
Complete 'Semper Fi' on any difficulty. (Solo only)

Stormed Peleliu 15
Establish a beachhead on the island of Peleliu on any difficulty. (Solo only)

The Last Stand 20
Survive the land and air conflict surrounding Okinawa on any difficulty. (Solo only)

Stabbed in the Heart 20
Complete all missions on the Eastern Front on any difficulty setting. (Solo only)

Get Your Hands Dirty 30
Complete 'Semper Fi' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

Saved Private Ryan 10
Save the soldier before he burns to death. (Solo or co-op)

Bloody Peleliu 30
Complete 'Little Resistance' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

Weapon of Mass Destruction 15
Radio in a naval bombardment that kills at least 4 Japanese soldiers. (Solo or co-op)

The Sword Is Broken 30
Complete 'Hard Landing' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

No Safe Place 15
Burn an enemy out of a tree with the flamethrower in 'Hard Landing' (Solo or co-op)

Architect 30
Complete 'Vendetta' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

The Professional 15
Shoot all of Amsel's henchmen, including their attack dog, without reloading. (Solo only)

Gunslinger 15
Assassinate General Amsel with a pistol shot. (Solo only)

The Hammer Strikes 30
Complete 'Their Land, Their Blood' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

Scorched Earth 30
Complete 'Burn`em Out' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

Firestarter 15
Complete a mission using only the flamethrower. Melee, grenades & explosives are OK. (Solo or co-op)

Fearless 30
Complete 'Relentless' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

Hell on Wheels 30
Complete 'Blood and Iron' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

Iron Fist 15
Destroy all towers and bunkers in 'Blood and Iron'. (Solo or co-op)

No Return 30
Complete 'Ring of Steel' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

Ruthless 15
Kill 15 enemies while mounted on a tank in 'Ring of Steel'. (Solo or co-op)

When It Rains, It Pours 30
Complete 'Eviction' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

Shot in the Dark 10
Kill 10 enemies while the lights are out in the subway in 'Eviction'. (Solo or co-op)

One Bad Gato 30
Complete 'Black Cats' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

The Sum of All Zeros 15
Down 45 Japanese Zeros in 'Black Cats'. (Solo only)

Lights Out! 10
In 'Black Cats', blast out all of the spot lights in the Japanese cargo convoy. (Solo only)

Blowtorch & Corkscrew 30
Complete 'Blowtorch & Corkscrew' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

Setting of the Sun 30
Complete 'Breaking Point' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

Mortar-dom 10
Kill 8 Japanese with thrown mortars in 'Breaking Point'. (Solo or co-op)

Guardian Angel 10
In the final battle for Okinawa, save Sergeant Roebuck. (Solo or co-op)

For the Motherland 30
Complete 'Heart of the Reich' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

Bearing the Burden 30
Complete 'Downfall' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

Rough Economy 15
Kill 3 enemies with a single bullet. (Solo or co-op)

Close Shave 10
Survive a Banzai attack. (Solo only)

Snake in the Grass 15
Take out a Japanese soldier while he is lying in wait in the grass. (Solo or co-op)

Grave Robber 15
Collect all Death Cards in the game. (Solo only)

Kamikaze 15
Complete any level on Regular difficulty or higher using only melee and grenades. (Solo only)

Throw a Six and a Half 15
On Hardened or Veteran difficulty, complete a level without dying. (Solo only)

Purple Heart 5
When staring into the face of adversity, show courage and persevere.

War Hero 40
Complete the game on any difficulty. (Solo only)

Hardened War Hero 100
Complete the game on Hardened or Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)

Get Your Left Foot Wet 30
Complete a match in Campaign Co-Op mode over Xbox LIVE. (Online co-op only)

Get Your Right Foot Wet 30
Complete a match in Competitive Co-Op mode over Xbox LIVE. (Online co-op only)

Blue Ribbon 25
Complete a 4-player Competitive Co-Op match in 1st place over Xbox LIVE. (Online co-op only)

Secret Achievements

Secret Achievement 0
Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement.
Secret Achievement 0
Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement.

The achievements look like fun. And I am glad there are not many multiplayer achievements.

looks like my beta key will be coming soon probably over the weekend, maybe today

Cool I was in the beta last year and that is what pushed me into getting 4 but this year I will have to wait a while to get it. Just too many good games coming out at once this year.

https://www.gamepro.com/article/new...ll-of-duty-title-could-be-set-in-world-war-2/

Treyarch hints next Call of Duty title could be set in... World War 2By Jack Loftus October 17, 2008 06:35 AM PST Print Email this! Share
Digg Yahoo Buzz! FaceBook StumbleUpon del.icio.us Buzz up!Comments [11]If Treyarch has its way, the World War 2 FPS genre could soon be renamed the 'Never Ending War.'

Is the World War 2 genre ready for retirement? Probably not, if comments from Treyarch Studios are any indication.

Treyarch, as you may know, is the developer behind Call of Duty: World at War, the fifth installment in the series. It also marks a return to the WW2 setting after the critically acclaimed modern day warfare presented in Infinity Ward's Call of Duty 4.

But, in an interview with CVG, Helle was unable to deny that the next CoD would leave the WW2 genre behind. "I can't say that there won't ever be a WWII Call of Duty game again," he said.

So what kinds of WW2 FPS ideas are left?

"If we had time we might have shown the end of the war from many different country's perspectives, and maybe that's a story still untold," Helle said.

"In the meantime people definitely haven't seen the final charge of the Red Army, people haven't seen what the fighting was like in Okinawa and I think it's definitely important to show those stories from a polished perspective rather than show some of the mopping up elsewhere in the world," he said.

Back