Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this sucker more than a month ago from BBTS. Love having it out on display but really wish my Moducase would hurry up and get built. Didn't realize those things can take up to 6 months to be shipped. I hate having this thing in the open but it looks too damn good to keep boxed until then.

I already have the Delorean, just need that Hot Toys Batmobile in my den too.....

Blitzway One Sixth Ghostbusters Ecto-1 (2) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Blitzway One Sixth Ghostbusters Ecto-1 (5) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Blitzway One Sixth Ghostbusters Ecto-1 (12) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
Blitzway One Sixth Ghostbusters Ecto-1 (15) by Corrado Knight, on Flickr
One Sixth Ecto-1 and Delorean by Corrado Knight, on Flickr

Looks awesome and seeing that photo now I'm wishing we could get a 1/6 Mystery Machine vehicle to park along side the Ecto 1. Congrats on scoring one and the display options are endless with those guys

Looks awesome and seeing that photo now I'm wishing we could get a 1/6 Mystery Machine vehicle to park along side the Ecto 1. Congrats on scoring one and the display options are endless with those guys

It would be mind blowing having a Mystery Machine in this scale! Imagine One Sixth figures as well.

My biggest wants though in One Sixth scale would have to be K.I.T.T. and Michael Knight or a Christine. No chance anyone would make a One Sixth Christine but I have hope for a K.I.T.T. someday.

The only issue I'm having with mine is one of the upper rear tail lights going in and out. I'm pretty sure it's just a bad connection, but I'm not exactly sure how to get to those wires since they're not as easily accessible as the ones in front.

I'm afraid to turn mine on now, haven't for months. This thing was doomed to suffer electronic failure eventually I'm afraid. I bought it almost expecting this. The things that still really irk me most are that they used that red vinyl decal on the back instead of properly painting their error, the not chrome enough bumpers, and the god awful sound feature. Still it looks pretty great on display. It was definitely overpriced but for me still fell into the must buy category. No regrets, just complaints.

Something I thought I'd share real quick... a FUN audio trick!

I was playing around with the small JBL bluetooth speaker I use (paired up with my phone) to "pump in" audio to my Ecto-1 display (I don't use the supplied audio feature... it's not up to par... and this way it's more "wireless"). Anyway, something that REALLY adds to the "realism" is if you find some good clips of old Cadillacs revving engines and letting their exhaust systems run (there are quite a few on YouTube)... this REALLY makes Ecto sound ALIVE.

It's those special touches that makes this hobby SO fun!

I just unboxed the HT Mandalorian and it can't help but irritate me that Blitzway didn't get the metallic bumpers correct in the same manner HT was able to perfectly paint match the metallic beskar armor:mad:

This was probably too large of an undertaking for Blitzway, they were already behind schedule on it. Cut a lot of corners, I can live with the paint but the front passenger door on mine is installed a little off (doesn't close flush). Granted I put that side against the wall so I dont have to see it, but my OCD constantly reminds me that its there. I think as the prices get higher, the quality control should as well, but wishful thinking to a first world problem.

I prefer Ecto-2 but I am not sure they will ever make it (remember the Hot Toys Delorean BTTF2?), should I hope for the best or do you guys think I could customize Ecto-1 to turn it into my graal?

I prefer Ecto-2 but I am not sure they will ever make it (remember the Hot Toys Delorean BTTF2?), should I hope for the best or do you guys think I could customize Ecto-1 to turn it into my graal?

I'm still shocked this one was made. I can't see them making another just because the size and cost really limits the market for it.

It really is hard to find Blitzway figures in Japan after realease. This one i really wanted to get but almost impossible to come acreoss nowadays.

An Ecto 2 would be really fun to see, but I'm almost certain it won't happen. Especially given it would require even MORE lights and electronics on top than the first one, which people are having enough trouble getting to work right.

Something which may be of interest to fans, Reebok GB themed sneakers, like the Aliens ones. Coming soon.

new_reebok_ghostbusters_shoes_banner.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. I bought a pair from the reebok store this morning, now the damn things have disappeared completely from their website. Order still exists, but no image or links to the shoes do. Odd.

This morning I received the Playmobil Ecto-1 for my son.
I was absolutely amazed that they put a such so good and accurate sound.

https://streamable.com/j490ib

Just can’t understand how on the Blitzway they didn’t put it...:dunno

Don’t get me wrong, the Blitzway Ecto-1 is certainly the pinacle of any GB fan collection but this sound is the saoul of Ecto-1!
Just a shame that you get it on a 35€ Playmobil car for kids and not on a 2 000$ high end replica...

Back