Blitzway 1:6 Ghostbusters - ECTO-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This morning I received the Playmobil Ecto-1 for my son.
I was absolutely amazed that they put a such so good and accurate sound.

https://streamable.com/j490ib

Just can’t understand how on the Blitzway they didn’t put it...:dunno

Don’t get me wrong, the Blitzway Ecto-1 is certainly the pinacle of any GB fan collection but this sound is the saoul of Ecto-1!
Just a shame that you get it on a 35€ Playmobil car for kids and not on a 2 000$ high end replica...

I have Ecto-1 Playmobil and pretty content with it have no need for the 1/6 version. The lights & sounds are terrific i just wish the lights would auto time out like the siren.

The Ecto-2 is even more impressive with the signboards but it's too pricey nowadays.

Waiting for Playmobil Delorean to arrive :) No need for the 1/6. Next up maybe the Firehouse if i have the money.

My shoes arrived. Sold out in 30 minutes.

gb1.jpg

gb2.jpg

I'm currently doing a lot of modding to my Ecto. Focusing on lighting right now, and one of the things I didn't like was the HID lights they gave Ecto. Replacing the cool whites with warm whites, so it looks more like the incandescents the old car is supposed to have.

OAbZr6o.jpg

I'm currently doing a lot of modding to my Ecto. Focusing on lighting right now, and one of the things I didn't like was the HID lights they gave Ecto. Replacing the cool whites with warm whites, so it looks more like the incandescents the old car is supposed to have.

OAbZr6o.jpg

Looks very good. What size/style LED did you use for the replacement?

I?ve been intending to make the same mod, why any company uses cool white LED for headlights is beyond me! I?m planning to use 5mm straw hat led for mine to give a wide angle for the light.

Looks very good. What size/style LED did you use for the replacement?

Size is 5mm. Nothing special about the style.

Not really satisfied with how most of the lights are programmed to blink either, as most of them are not movie accurate. Reprogramming them to flash/blink correctly. Here are the bumper beacon lights reprogrammed to alternate instead of both blinking at the same time. Still not 100% on the double blink. I think it might be faster. Hard to tell on film if it's one blink each, or two very fast blinks that look like one due to film speed. I know in several shots they cranked the film speed to make Ecto look like it was going faster since the car istelf was so slow. Especially that initial turn out of the firehouse during the big reveal.

Finally think I have my setup. I never could figure out how to make the siren work.

Well I tried to add a picture but can?t figure out how to make it show up.

Attachments

• 6177C351-BDAD-42BB-8346-6D94EF878B87.jpg
    6177C351-BDAD-42BB-8346-6D94EF878B87.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 142
Still working on lights. Got everything working, aside from a few tweaks. Just gotta hardwire them all up. Started working on the sound. Just have one speaker in there at the moment. Gonna add a second.
Still have to find somewhere to hide them. Probably in the floor. Sounds are triggered via bluetooth. Engine sound and siren are seperate files.

Forgive the background noise. The community center is at the end of the street, and they're pretty rowdy today.

Not sure if the drop down for cart quantity is an accurate representation of their actual availability, but it appears they only have 7 for order.

BBTS have a history of soliciting out of production items at a raised rate, an then cancelling their solicitation after many months. It happened to me with the Diecast Chokogin C3P0 and others

Not sure if the drop down for cart quantity is an accurate representation of their actual availability, but it appears they only have 7 for order.
they had 11 in stock 5 hours ago, can someone explain to me why have they started selling 11 out of stock Ecto's at a price not even the scalpers dared to sell at in eBay

have they secretly withhold them since original release top sell them now at 3 times the original price

wasn't this sold for 1,390$

Down to 4 left for order. $600 NRD mean them folks are seriously serious...

Edit: Down to 1 remaining.

Last edited:
Back