Battlefield 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Close to getting the mortar! Woot. Hopefully it works out for me.

Mortars are ok on rush. I only use them to counter-mortar people. Things to be aware of. You don't get hitmarkers so you never know when you hit and when you miss. You can cycle between explosive rounds and smoke rounds. You will be visible on the map (looks like a bomb symbol) and a single mortar will kill you while you are in your mortaring state. Expect lots of kill assists more than actual kills.

It's great for controlled long range shots, i got some long range kills tonight with the MP7 by using the single shot mode and aiming carefully, not too easy with that gun, it's mostly a rapid-fire SMG.

The mode you're using is next to your ammo count i think. 1 white dot for single shot, 2 for three-round burst & 3 dots for full auto.

Just press down on the D-pad to cycle between them.

I rarely switch modes. The only gun I do switch is the g3. I have yet to use a weapon in burst fire. If I recall, few weapons have the burst function to begin with.

I'm a little ho-hum on the PDWs in the game so far. In most cases, I'd rather use a shotgun or the actual weapon set of the class. I would use them on recon but I never play recon. I do get the PDW-R in two levels and it's supposedly pretty good so my mind might change.

I haven't touched the PDW-R yet, it looks so awesome on the gun icon i want a surprise when first using it.

You're right not many guns have the 3-round burst, i can think of the M16A4, the M4A1 (i think) & KH2002

Goddamn! You guys put in work hours on this game! The winner is Nuka Cola Kidd! 57 hours! Good job. Very impressive K/D! 3:2.

I'm not going to bother with that battle log stuff. Cool that its there and all, but i couldn't care less.

Might as well post my page (https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Yozak/stats/219916986/xbox/).

I have the most kills with the AT mines. Eventually I'll settle on a weapon to use for each kit. For support, I like the M240B the best out of the LMGs so far. I can't control the recoil on the PKP and I doubt the M60 will replace the M240B for me.

I've heard that tanks can be hijacked when there is only a driver in them. You need to get on top of the tank (turret) and you can enter from there. I have yet to try it and was curious if any others had done it.

Might as well post my page (https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Yozak/stats/219916986/xbox/).

I have the most kills with the AT mines. Eventually I'll settle on a weapon to use for each kit. For support, I like the M240B the best out of the LMGs so far. I can't control the recoil on the PKP and I doubt the M60 will replace the M240B for me.

I've heard that tanks can be hijacked when there is only a driver in them. You need to get on top of the tank (turret) and you can enter from there. I have yet to try it and was curious if any others had done it.

:clap

Awesome K/D ratios! I would go to war with you guys. I've been playing with SS freak forum member Gates70. He's a great teammate. He's been engineer on all rounds while I've been support. He shoots the rockets while I resupply him and shoot down anyone who's trying to get us.

I think I might stick with being support for awhile; they come with awesome weapons. I killed some armor with C4. That made me happy.

Neither was i but i tried it and the interface is great, it shows your kills for each weapon/vehicle/gadget how much time you've spent with each class, your W/L and K/D ratio, very informative

If you like stats ... then it's for you.

It also tells you what's going to be unlocked and how many points are needed to unlock something. NOW that's super useful.

I had an epic match on damavand peak where one teammate was going round the map in a hellicopter which I would constently spawn in after my intense kamikaze runs. But the best thing was the guy would fly to the top of the peak were the enemys were spawning and I would jump out of the hellicopter and teach those god damn snipers a lesson.

If you like stats ... then it's for you.

It also tells you what's going to be unlocked and how many points are needed to unlock something. NOW that's super useful.

Isn't all that stuff available in the "my soldier" and "progression" sections of the multiplayer disc?

The PC version doesn't have that. I load the game from a browser. Weird, ain't it?

I remember hearing about that. Weird indeed. I checked my stats earlier today, but forgot most of it hehe. I think my best gun was the Scar H. Not a surprise. K/D was 1.9 or something like that. My win/lose is what's killing me. Awful teams are a way of life for me.

Back