Battlefield 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this was always going to be the case but on a slightly diferent subject, if you look at the side by side vid of the 360 crysis and the pc on utube, although the pc does look better... the 360 version really does stand up very very well against it.
Heres hoping the same can be done for battlefield 2.

I'm not going to go all chicken little here, but that, while somewhat expected, is not encouraging. I understand you want to set realistic expectations but if one of your main guys describes to the press that it "looks no worse than..." I find that very troubling for my hopes that this would be a console game changer for graphics, animation, and lighting.

You got your hopes up I fear. Clearly was was show was running on a high end PC and is not possible with the current hardware of game consoles. That's fine for me though, I like my game systems self contained and not having to worry about upgrading it every so often. And I prefer dual analog to PCs.

That's not to say that this game won't look good but it will rival what recent games look like Killzone 3, Crysis 2, and whatever else is top of the line in terms of visuals on the consoles. Now if only they can make the gameplay match the awesome visuals.

You got your hopes up I fear. Clearly was was show was running on a high end PC and is not possible with the current hardware of game consoles. That's fine for me though, I like my game systems self contained and not having to worry about upgrading it every so often. And I prefer dual analog to PCs.

That's not to say that this game won't look good but it will rival what recent games look like Killzone 3, Crysis 2, and whatever else is top of the line in terms of visuals on the consoles. Now if only they can make the gameplay match the awesome visuals.

Really? You already know the graphics on consoles will be better than Killzone and Crysis 2? Sweet. You rule, Starkiller.

Really? You already know the graphics on consoles will be better than Killzone and Crysis 2? Sweet. You rule, Starkiller.

I said that? I said it should be on par with the cream of the crop of consoles in terms of visuals if they deliver what they have been showing dumbed down a bit for consoles of course.

And I know.

Looks like you said it to me. I was just messing with you anyways.

It looks awesome. Regardless of how the console versions look, I can pretty much guarantee that the sound will be amazing. That's one area they rival everyone in. You can tell in this video that the sound designing is stellar.

I still think that the hands/gun you see from the first person perspective don't look crisp enough. Aside from the lighting effects they look like something you'd see on the wii.

I was surprised to already see an ad for this on TV last night but it looked so awesome on a big screen in HD!

saw the add last nite during the hockey game at a sports bar.
couple of guys commented on it and people where blown away.

I will play this game the first second is out for sale.

I saw a developer guy play a demo of this game at the C2E2 convention last month. I'm not usually into these type of games, but it convinced me to purchase it when it's released.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXaFw7aC9GE&hd=1"]YouTube - ‪PWNED - PWNED #7 | Battlefield 3 Special‬‏[/ame]

Okay guys i've only played "Bad Company 2".

I love the online of BC2, everything works, spotting, vehicles, sniping, (D-Pad) weapons, dropping ammo/medkits, game modes, controls AND the LARGE BEEFY WEAPONS that make COD's look like toy water pistols by size comparison.
From the BC3 trailers the gun looks a tad small compared to BC2

So... how different is the main Battlefield series from the Bad Company spin-offs? in terms of those mentioned above, cheers.

BC2 is alot like BF2 except with smaller maps and fewer air vehicles. Imagine Operation Hastings even larger, with 5 helicopters, 2 jets, and 2 fighter planes as well as 64 players. Everything you mention does not change from BF to BF.

Back