Battlefield 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking forward to playing armored kill today but then I remembered that it is released a week early only on PS3.:(

Finally was able to download took about 2 days, kept on loosing connection dammit, will be ok after everyone stops playing like its a smash up derby

I just bought the premium edition that came out today glad I waited I get premium membership and all the map packs for free

I just bought the premium edition that came out today glad I waited I get premium membership and all the map packs for free

Not really. Normal BF3 is about $40 now Premium edition is $70 so you basically getting the new maps and what not for half price, which is still good but not worth the wait IMO considering BF3 was at its best at launch before patches.

I only paid 60 for the premium I would have spent way more getting the old game and then buying premium.

Now im just waiting for all the updates and shat to download lol. Crazy all the **** you have to download but this is an amazing game like it way more than call of duty.

Last edited:
Played Armored Kill all night last night. If you guys thought people didn't play as a team before, wait til you get a load of Armored Kill. No team play whatsoever. Game is fun though.

Played Armored Kill all night last night. If you guys thought people didn't play as a team before, wait til you get a load of Armored Kill. No team play whatsoever. Game is fun though.

Play as a team? :lol

I'm too busy building my stats.

I think that will get better after everyone gets all the assignments.

After a few matches I just started doing the same thing.

I did play against a few teams who worked together VERY well.

I like the new vehicles & the maps are great. You need to own that gunship flag though - as soon as the enemy have it up in the air you're spotted, then getting shot at by 20 people from a click away. :rotfl

Someone posted this on the BF Forums and after a couple of matches of AK Rush last night I agree.

I know there are a million threads on this already but I just want to add my thoughts to the chorus...

In general, Armored Kill is a quality DLC offering. Beautiful visuals, new vehicles, and a much needed expansion of the Rush game mode. That's what really excited me as a console player... BF3 Rush seems a little weak compared to BC2's.

Well, to my great disappointment, the AC-130 kills the new maps. It makes sense in Conquest -- we fight for the flag point that controls the Gunship, drawing action to the center of the MASSIVE map, and then the winner gets the air advantage for a few moments and the ability to cover a wide area with air spawning. Fine. Works.

In Rush, it breaks the game. Firstly, it's just too much firepower. Absolutely devastating. Couple that with the ability to paradrop and the idea of "holding the line" is completely gone. Not just over-powered -- It's ruins the game. Within seconds of the Gunship's spawn the enemy is floating in behind your base while a good number of your team is waiting to respawn after being blown to bits by the gunship's cannons. Not only are they bypassing your defense, but it can be almost uncontested if the AC-130 gunners are quick enough...

Sure, it can be shot down relatively easily but that too is expensive. Engineers with Stingers aren't using RPG's or Jav's for the tanks.

It really ruins the flow of the game.

I know the spawn time is going to be increased but honestly I'd rather see the AC-130 totally removed from Rush. At first glance the maps seem like they would play wonderful without the Gunship.

Good idea. Good execution. But it doesn't work.

Back