Bandai Perfect Grade 1/72 《Star Wars》Millennium Falcon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're all probably going to want to stone me, because I already have the MR - but room is becoming an issue and I'm hoping I can down-size with a quality Falcon. This one looks like it has the detail and quality, but like you guys have said - I also don't have the skills to make it truely shine.

Here's hoping the QMX is the one.

..well thats a sight you dont see often......

:panic:

Thanks for the encouragement not to sell it, gents :)

I definitely don't want to, but yeah, family needs are growing and room is shrinking :(

Thank you Mandible... :)

That is such a beautiful set up.... are you going to replace the old Han with the new?

Thanks Mike, but sadly, your stoning me will start when I tell you that is now an old photo, and the downscaling started with the PF's :(

I was originally only going to keep the PF's and the SS ships, but the PF boxes are a massive space killer.

Thanks Mike, but sadly, your stoning me will start when I tell you that is now an old photo, and the downscaling started with the PF's :(

I was originally only going to keep the PF's and the SS ships, but the PF boxes are a massive space killer.

Oh man.. thats sad. Really sorry to hear.. but yes, I agree.. those boxes are a killer.. :(

so the idea is after buying this, it's just mono color plastic that i have to paint to look like in the photos? are they for real? :|

all the gundams come pre painted you just have to assemble it, why is this falcon not prepainted. I can assemble stuff but can't paint :(

Model kits generally aren't prepainted...

And from what I've seen, gundam kits aren't pre painted either. They're just molded in appropriate color plastic. Which works ok for models based on anime (although I've seen some where people actually painted them properly and they look much better). But for something like the falcon; with wear and tear, rust, oil stains, blaster marks, etc. just molding pieces in different colors of plastic isn't going to cut it.

I just don't understand why people keep expecting this to be anything other than a really nice styrene model kit. That has to built and painted just like every other styrene model kit known to man. It's not a statue, it's not a studio scale replica, it's not a Qmx product. It's a model kit.

I know it's hard to tell without the kits having been released yet, but what do you think a fair price would be to have an experienced model builder put together and paint one of these?

There's 650 pieces. It will be a time consuming build and the paint job is deceptively complex.

This will take at least 40-60 hours for an experienced builder/painter if they are aggressive with time.

Many of the painters here will charge $80-120 for paint on a custom headsculpt and it will take them ~4 hours.

I know it's hard to tell without the kits having been released yet, but what do you think a fair price would be to have an experienced model builder put together and paint one of these?

Between $800 - $1300 USD.

You may find someone cheaper, but I'd be wary of the end result.

Don't forget to allow for well-protected shipping costs as well.

I will be building at least one for resale....look for it on Ebay. I've built and sold several pieces on there...

Decided to pre-order. I've built quite a few snap together kits over the years (mostly Gundam) but I've never attempted to actually paint any of them. Think I'll give this one a shot.

Decided to pre-order. I've built quite a few snap together kits over the years (mostly Gundam) but I've never attempted to actually paint any of them. Think I'll give this one a shot.

I might be on board as well.. not sure yet.. my issue is the time :(

I might be on board as well.. not sure yet.. my issue is the time :(

My issue is time & space. I don't know where I'd have the right amount of room to build it. I have very little space, & that barely works for the props I'm working on. To put something like this together properly? No way. & with as slow as I go, with ALL my distractions, it'd take years to buil.... hey look at that :bunnydanc

My issue is time & space. I don't know where I'd have the right amount of room to build it. I have very little space, & that barely works for the props I'm working on. To put something like this together properly? No way. & with as slow as I go, with ALL my distractions, it'd take years to buil.... hey look at that :bunnydanc

:lol .. I know.. but on the other side... I always wanted a worthy Falcon in a decent size.. the Code3 was just horrible painted... And the fact that this is snap fit.. ... I really might give it a go.. I had the fine molds 2 times.. and sold it 2 times unopened :lol 3 times a charm ?

With this being a snap-together model, I wonder what kind of tolerance the fitment of the pieces have. I'd hate to have a highly detailed model completed but the thing has wiggle room between pieces.
I think using glue might still be needed in some places.

Back