1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and in my opinion, that bust is wack. The top photo looks amazing, and I thought it was the bust you were talking about. Then I saw the bust photo and noticed the textures and the paint app, the surprised-eyes, the oversized dome, and that wide neck. Maybe the dome is supposed to be that big, I am not as OCD as some others, but the overall bust just does not do it for me. I love the top photo. Maybe it is time for me to add my ESB Vader to my detolf. I just need to rotate some other figures off first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of the 1:6 figures ever produced by any company look accurate to me. That bust looks a lot closer to Vader than the other ones IMO

The bottom of the neck is too wide right. But I think the dome is well proportioned with the correct flare on it .RO HT Vader dome is oversized not this one. Face and eyes much better than ESB HT. I like the nose, mouth and cheeks . It's a good "idealized" Vader that could fit any movie but specific to none

Can you imagine someone getting a HT Vader and putting that bust on it? It would be like getting a Ferrari and putting a Yugo engine in it.

The only reason I'd get another 1:6 vader is if they nailed the head sculpt on the eventual RotJ version . All figures released so far don't have a very good head sculpt with Rogue One being the least worse.

yeah, but this bust seems even more accurate than the 1:4 hot toys . It's the first time I think Vader looks movie like at first glance without something nagging me. And apart from the widows peak he looks very ESB/ROTJ too, (shiny and helmet position)

Hot Toys ESB vs Gentle Giant bust. wow it's like a 1000% improvement

I don't see that as any kind of improvement. You'd be better off holding out for the HT ROTJ release...you never know they might get it right.

Or check out these very accurate kits from Too Much Garlic in the customs section...
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148433

Poor little jkno is like the boy who cried wolf. At first people believed his BS but after a while they stopped and turned on him.

Well now, it looks like most folk are on jkno?s side. He?s pretty handily exposed your ?BS?. Perhaps a little less projection on your part would suit you better in the long run.

Got this guy as a B-Day gift. My first Vader, he's awesome! Do you guys think it's okay to leave him with his elbow bent? The leather doesn't seem to be pulling or anything.. but wanna double check.

161756650_1547274712109909_3189594208299181590_n.jpg

Got this guy as a B-Day gift. My first Vader, he's awesome! Do you guys think it's okay to leave him with his elbow bent? The leather doesn't seem to be pulling or anything.. but wanna double check.

View attachment 509233

Change pose from time to time, ensure your room humidity is not too high, avoid sunlight, and dust.

ShootingtheGalaxy... you, like many others here have a beautiful gift and thank you for sharing these!

I just came across your iG today from your recent Hoth postings in the Black Series thread. As I mentioned in another post... I appreicate seeing all the creativity and passion that goes into these 1/6 scale cinematic portraits of our favorite characters. Keep up the great work! :)

ShootingtheGalaxy... you, like many others here have a beautiful gift and thank you for sharing these!

I just came across your iG today from your recent Hoth postings in the Black Series thread. As I mentioned in another post... I appreicate seeing all the creativity and passion that goes into these 1/6 scale cinematic portraits of our favorite characters. Keep up the great work! :)

Thank you so much :D

When I post the shot on my IG, probably tomorrow, you'll see a behind the scenes of it as well 😀

Fantastic shot:clap...Shadows and lighting help hide the failings of the face mask

Oh is the helmet considered not quite accurate? It looks a little narrow to me, and maybe more silver than it should be. But Its a great looking figure overall. Thank you :D

Got this as a gift and really dig it. Only bummer is mine came with some scuffing on the dome - wonder how common that is.
170087749_351795132935383_2656311050594979506_n.jpg

Same here neb... I did have some markings on mine, but luckily it was in a location that they're not really seen when displayed. I need to find some gentle plastic polish to see if it may help to reduce them. Love the iconic pose!

Back