1/6 Hot Toys- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Jet Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have actually seen the movie. That means myself and any individual who have seen the movie can easily come up with 10. I just refuse to be involved in your trolling conversation. You and I both know that whatever I say they will make you will attack and claim its not worthy of a figure. Just stick to attacking hot toys each and every time they announce a new figure for the movie

Just as I thought. I'm genuinely interested to hear from a ST fan such as yourself on what you think they can still make from this movie, or the trilogy in general. I promise not to reply with any negative comments, and if I do you can call me a troll all you like. How about that?

There is almost zero chance for more ST figures. Maybe Emperor with a small chance. Why would HT make figures that wont sell? Even Hasbro doesnt bother anymore.

Also these Jet Troopers definetely wont be "next Shoretrooper". Everything aside Rogue One was a great movie unlike ST movies.

Hey, I loved the sequels (ESPECIALLY TLJ :nana:). But even I have to admit that there is very little chance we'll see any more HT figures from them.

There is almost zero chance for more ST figures. Maybe Emperor with a small chance. Why would HT make figures that wont sell? Even Hasbro doesnt bother anymore.

Also these Jet Troopers definetely wont be "next Shoretrooper". Everything aside Rogue One was a great movie unlike ST movies.

It's only a comment about resale value. The praetorian guards sometimes sell new for over $500 these days, limiting supply can do crazy things.

I still suspect we'll see a figure or two from the flicks, Poe at the very least.

Common thread for the troopers that significantly go up in value is that they are all pretty unique costume designs that implement a mixture of armor and fabric. Shoretrooper, Patrol Trooper, Snowtrooper, Praetorian Guards. These jet troopers basically just come off like another variation of the FO Stormtroopers. Just hard to see a lot of demand there. Looking back now it seems obvious that the Praetorians would take off after selling out based on how unique they look on top of the desire to want multiples because of the additional helmets. Plus they compliment the Rey and Kylo from TLJ really well on a shelf, whereas these troopers would go well with what, a TROS Rey or a Sith Trooper?

Plus which, whether you liked the movie or not, most people still thought the Throne Room scene was cool as hell and the Guards looked absolutely badass in it.

I don't think these Jet Troopers come across nearly as well in ROTS, especially with them getting shot out of the air with ease and doing loop de loops into canyon walls like cartoon characters. :lol

:lol They made them out to be pretty useless as usual. Still, we don't have any insight into Hot Toys' production numbers, and people often mocked the Praetorian guards calling them lobster guards but now they seem to go for more than the Royal Guard, which I have to imagine were made in greater numbers. A lot of what they've been making lately post-COVID has been selling through quickly, so this could be no exception, ST figure notwithstanding.

I did just take a look and see that TLJ Executioner Trooper is still collecting dust with free shipping over at Sideshow though, so I could be 100% wrong.

I really don't care if these sell out. I may get one if they end up discounted with free shipping, but if they sell out I wont lose any sleep over it and certainly wont pay an inflated aftermarket price.

I really don't care if these sell out. I may get one if they end up discounted with free shipping, but if they sell out I wont lose any sleep over it and certainly wont pay an inflated aftermarket price.

Pretty much how i feel about every figure. Love collecting and what i have but if i miss out on something i'm not going to pay over retail.

Surprise birthday present from the missus, I really like it.
fa4bf84018fbb7018ae92cf2ac7c8b26.jpg
196f06260f8b1c34bdadc0e26ca2b976.jpg
abe371bd93e3a6f9ff2697e8c4e66b59.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

White also. More screen time. One red (Sith Trooper) will do the job.

Back