1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Lord! This picture is amazing! If only I could display mine like this!

Thank you!

I, of course, immediately dropped my dome and scuffed it in two places. It's not too visible at least lol. Now I make sure I remove the dome first before messing with it. And place it back when I'm settled with it.

Sith Lord

CVfLSaw.jpg

Same here neb... I did have some markings on mine, but luckily it was in a location that they're not really seen when displayed. I need to find some gentle plastic polish to see if it may help to reduce them. Love the iconic pose!

Think plastic polish would work? I'm way too worried about messing mine up, but man I'd love to fix it. Mine is right on the front of the dome :(

I, of course, immediately dropped my dome and scuffed it in two places. It's not too visible at least lol. Now I make sure I remove the dome first before messing with it. And place it back when I'm settled with it.

Glad I am not the only one to do this! Mine has a slight mark on the top left after I knocked the dome off in the cabinet. Can only really see it when you hold it in direct sunlight so happy to leave as is.

I did break the light switch on one of the belt boxes though. It was always a little tight but broke off completely when turning off one night. I bought and soldered a new switch on the board but it wouldn't work so had to replace the box with a parted out one on eBay.

So be careful with those switches!

Thank you so much :D

When I post the shot on my IG, probably tomorrow, you'll see a behind the scenes of it as well ��
I saw IT! OMG STG the illusion is so powerful! That is like... You've created your own mini "Volume" like they did with The Mandalorian production... so cool!

Hey, I don't know if you have watched it, but I love the 8 episodes of the behind the scenes Disney Series - Galaxy: Star wars The Mandalorian. They use screens to envelop the actors and live sets in the surrounding environment that influences natural reflections and color all from a sound stage. I was blown away.

I absolutely appreciate that you are sharing the reveal of the ShootingtheGalaxy Behind the Scenes. Awesome! :)

Thank you!

Sith Lord

CVfLSaw.jpg

Another amazing photo STG!

Dang! That sucks! I haven't ever dropped mine but somehow, mine has them as well.

Thank you!

Sith Lord

CVfLSaw.jpg
That's when you said :horror NOOOOOOOOO!! NNNOOOoooo! Lol

Killer shot STG! So satisfying is all the reflections off the top of the Helm and armor. Man he sure is pissed from scratching his dome! I've been so nervous about dropping it I'm removing it before adjusting too, heard that one from a review IIRC.

We should totally try to figure how to mod this with a magnet... as long as it can preserve the space and alignment above the nose... great idea Centrocal!!

I saw IT! OMG STG the illusion is so powerful! That is like... You've created your own mini "Volume" like they did with The Mandalorian production... so cool!

Hey, I don't know if you have watched it, but I love the 8 episodes of the behind the scenes Disney Series - Galaxy: Star wars The Mandalorian. They use screens to envelop the actors and live sets in the surrounding environment that influences natural reflections and color all from a sound stage. I was blown away.

I absolutely appreciate that you are sharing the reveal of the ShootingtheGalaxy Behind the Scenes. Awesome! :)

Another amazing photo STG!

Dang! That sucks! I haven't ever dropped mine but somehow, mine has them as well.

That's when you said :horror NOOOOOOOOO!! NNNOOOoooo! Lol

Killer shot STG! So satisfying is all the reflections off the top of the Helm and armor. Man he sure is pissed from scratching his dome! I've been so nervous about dropping it I'm removing it before adjusting too, heard that one from a review IIRC.

We should totally try to figure how to mod this with a magnet... as long as it can preserve the space and alignment above the nose... great idea Centrocal!!

Thanks guys!

We've actually been using that screen, "volume" style trick for toy photography for years. Some people even have their smart lights set up to match the screen color similar to the volume as well. It's a fun way to shoot!

I watched some of that documentary. It's really cool. I need to get around to finishing it.

I think it could definitely be modified to fit a magnet. You'd probably want to drill the female side of the head deeper to accommodate a magnet on the dome and have everything still sit nice and flush.

New addition for me, finally. The shelf presence of this piece is amazing.
e5f8578c4d478b7d642f2919868719f8.jpg

Sent from a point in space and time.

Thank you!

Sith Lord

CVfLSaw.jpg

If it's just scratches easy fix with auto/car compound

3B9866E2-2CF5-424A-9071-859BB9CF7FF4.jpeg

I know this is not the correct suit for this scene, but I couldn't help displaying mine ESB Vader in this Jazz Inc diorama that I bought from a buddy of mine

The only thing stopping me from doing so is the likelihood that a probably superior ROTJ version is right around the corner.

I was thinking the same thing, but even if it was announced next week, a rotj version is 2 years away from from even shipping. Don?t worry, once I order a second Vader, the rotj version will be announced.

I was thinking the same thing, but even if it was announced next week, a rotj version is 2 years away from from even shipping. Don?t worry, once I order a second Vader, the rotj version will be announced.

It?s what?s holding me back really. I have a modded sideshow Vader that I?m pleased with, but I don?t mind having a hot toys one.

So, I picked up this figure last week because I love the retro packaging and haven't picked up a new Hot Toys figure in years so I was long overdue. I still have the 2014 Vader 'Deluxe' and while it's a nice figure, man, it doesn't even come close to this thing.
Also upgraded my iPhone last week to a 12 Pro Max so I'm playing around with the insane camera in this beast.
Killer figure. Killer camera.

Vader.jpg

This guy is selling for $600 USD, same price since preorder at a Swedish retailer. Yes, that is $600. Probably a bit to do with the weak SEK/USD when the price was set, but it’s a bit hilarious that they still try to squeeze out that money for this figure.

Back