Bandai Star Wars 1/144 Millenium Falcon Model Kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These don't come pre-painted correct?

Nope, it's a snap kit that doesn't require any glue. It does come with adhesive and water decals.

bandai_falcon009.jpg

bandai_falcon042.jpg

Photos of my paint-up of the Revell Snap-Tite Millennium Falcon. Still going to make a few touch-ups, but definitely a nice model for the price.
Revell_Falcon.jpg
Revell_Falcon2.jpg

Attachments

• 20160111_182417.jpg
    20160111_182417.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 134
Photos of my paint-up of the Revell Snap-Tite Millennium Falcon. Still going to make a few touch-ups, but definitely a nice model for the price.

That looks great. I picked up one of these just last week and was gonna do some detailing on it as well. Did you do a wash on it for the most part?
It is great kit for the price and the light up feature is a cool touch.

That looks great. I picked up one of these just last week and was gonna do some detailing on it as well. Did you do a wash on it for the most part?
It is great kit for the price and the light up feature is a cool touch.

Thanks! Yeah, it was mainly a wash with spot detailing. Then I went back with cotton swabs dipped in water to clean it up, and then with alcohol to clean it up even more. I will probably add some rust spots, the underside yellow panels, and the panel paint chipping . I'm debating on doing the scar and other physical damage. Just need a good approach because I've got one shot to get the damage right.

Did the same thing with my Revell. Washes and pastels. Still waiting on my LED kit for the Bandai Falcon so I'm in a bit of a holding pattern with it.

To keep this thread on track, I'll just add this thing mocks me with its presence:

I'm still waiting for the LED add-on from Japan.

I went ahead and ordered the Bandai Falcon and LED set. I've always wanted to build a quality MF and every review that I've seen is giving it high marks. Now the wait...:impatient:

Seriously, this kit is off-the-charts awesome. Blows the Fine Molds kit out of the water with the detail.

You won't be disappointed.

And if we can make a $20 Revell kit, roughly the same size, look good... imagine the possibilities. :wink1:

Seriously, this kit is off-the-charts awesome. Blows the Fine Molds kit out of the water with the detail.

You won't be disappointed.

And if we can make a $20 Revell kit, roughly the same size, look good... imagine the possibilities. :wink1:

You're absolutely right in regards to the Revell kit, it really made me see the potential of the Bandai version. The Revell kit is very well done but I wish they would have gone with clear windows for the cockpit.
I can't wait to see the finished Bandai Falcon on my shelf.

Yeah, I'll be taking my time with this kit, too.

It's a good thing I'm already bald. I'm expecting the decal work alone to give me fits.

Yeah, I'll be taking my time with this kit, too.

It's a good thing I'm already bald. I'm expecting the decal work alone to give me fits.

Yeah, they're a pain but definitely the best option when done right. I stopped and picked up some micro set and micro sol so I can get some decal practice.

Question on the LED set - how many parts can you use it on? The seller's description on e-bay was a little confusing. From what I can tell it can be either used on the thrusters only or on the cockpit and entry ramp.

Last edited:
You nailed it. The LED kit gives you a simple either/or option. Light up the engines or the ramp and cockpit.

My preferred choice of display will be in flight so the engines are a no-brainier for me.

Back