Aurra Sing Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something to keep in mind is that there is a big push LFL right now for anything involving the Clone Wars series. Aurra Sing has already appeared a couple episodes and will have an expanding role in the future.
For this same reason, we already have an Asajj Ventress PF...
-theropod

Yet another release in my favorite line that I won't be getting. I'm sure it will be nice for those that want her--and I'm happier with this than Darth Oola, since this character at least appeared in two or three frames of the movie.

But I'm still going to stubbornly hold out for PF versions of the Emperor, a Stormtrooper, C-3PO, R2-D2, a Gamorrean Guard, Skiff Guard Lando, Chewbacca, Greedo, Bib Fortuna, any of the cantina aliens, Imperial Guard, Admiral Ackbar, etc.

I feel like the EU characters have had much more than their fair share of attention in the PF line over the last year, especially considering how many primary and secondary characters from the films are still MIA. I thought that Asajj was going to be a "change of pace" character choice in the line, but after her and then Darth Talon and now Aurra Sing, it seems like the obscure females are taking over the line, and the occasional change of pace has now become the main focus--at the expense of SO many other worthy character choices.

Unless my memory fails me, the Tusken Raider is the only new (non-repeat) OT character introduced into the line in the last TWO AND A HALF YEARS. There are so many classic characters being neglected that it's not even funny.

Thankfully SS doesnt listen to OT ELISTIST's liek yourself :rotfl

Thats a joke in case in didnt come across as one

Zero interest this figure and dont see how EU is the future of SW, but thats me

Blast...still no Chewy, R2, C-3PO, Emperor, Stormtrooper...with space and money being an issue I'm not ordering this...

I like how they captured a pose that she was actually in her photos, yet they couldn't even get a pose from Return of the Jedi for Luke PF.

This one didn't deserve a PF with still so many great characters in the OT left needing to be made:

3P0 and R2
Chewie
Stormtrooper
Emperor
Jabba's Band!

From a business standpoint, they JUST gave us Jedi Luke and they need to spread out the "core" characters. To do this, they will make EU and obscure characters. Darth Talon was obscure, but at least she is one of the key villains of Legacy. It boggles me why they chose Aurra Sing since she isn't very popular and there are other EU characters who, in my opinion, would make more fans happy. I agree that LFL probably had a hand in pushing this PF.

Interesting choice.

2 notes for the haters:

1) Aurra Sing is in the new Clone Wars series
2) Disney World actually has an Aurra Sing costumed character that walks around and signs autographs (and is actually strangely VERY hot.)

This character definately has a following and an interesting look to boot. Now my question is how do you buy the nude version? :)

EDIT: Photos of Disney's Aurra Sing

1289689761_27fd8a6f0e_b.jpg

2573463152_937760e42e_b.jpg

I wasn't aware of the Clone War stuff, but sometimes it does feel like SS produces female characters to sell on sex appeal...

This one just isn't to my tastes from the films, but maybe there is more to be seen!

I always felt that this was such a forced character. George Lucas kept saying that people loved Boba Fett, so he wanted to make another Boba Fett for the prequels. She didn't really do much in TPM, and was not featured again. I can think of so many other SW characters that should come first.

Didn't do much... wasn't she only in TPM for 2 seconds? I'm glad this is another one I can pass on.

:lecture
If they wanted to do a female bounty hunter. Zam would have been a better choice.

Zam is not interesting (although her "real appearance" would make for a cool swap out addition)... Aurra Sing has a great original look and her appearance in the Clone Wars episode with Cad Bane just solidified her appeal. I think it's a good choice and I'm very sure that this is one EU PF that I won't be passing on...

So they wanted to do a PF of a "hot" chick from the PT and Clone Wars cartoon. I'm glad they poured through every frame of film to find the one character who best fits that criteria.

457px-padme_swsb.jpg

I think the post regarding LFL pushing the Clone Wars (particularly the cartoon) was probably right on. :lecture

That said, only one SW PF in my order cue. :peace

I like how they captured a pose that she was actually in her photos, yet they couldn't even get a pose from Return of the Jedi for Luke PF.

This one didn't deserve a PF with still so many great characters in the OT left needing to be made:

3P0 and R2
Chewie
Stormtrooper
Emperor
Jabba's Band!

They already announced we are getting 3PO, R2 and a Stormtrooper.

Interesting choice.

2 notes for the haters:

1) Aurra Sing is in the new Clone Wars series
2) Disney World actually has an Aurra Sing costumed character that walks around and signs autographs (and is actually strangely VERY hot.)

This character definately has a following and an interesting look to boot. Now my question is how do you buy the nude version? :)

EDIT: Photos of Disney's Aurra Sing

1289689761_27fd8a6f0e_b.jpg

2573463152_937760e42e_b.jpg

I not sure I would use the word hot. :) Bald women aren't my thing. :)

Back