Assassins Creed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know how long this game is? Because I got to Jerusalem the other day and I'm starting to loose interest in just taking on these assassin missions.

Thanks for the replies, Bardoon and Jen. The patch that you downloaded, was it the software system update v2.10?

Thanks for the replies, Bardoon and Jen. The patch that you downloaded, was it the software system update v2.10?

I believe it was...I wasn't really paying attention...I just know that once I hooked up my PS3 to my modem and put in the game it downloaded and installed the latest update...so I am assuming that would be it. :)

Does anyone know how long this game is? Because I got to Jerusalem the other day and I'm starting to loose interest in just taking on these assassin missions.

This game can be very long if you do all the missions and try to find all the flags/Templars....I think my third time around I played it for roughly 60+ hours and got everything except 2 flags. You don't have to do all the missions....after you do a few (like the eavesdropping and pickpocketing) it will let you know that you can go to the headquarters place and start your main assassin mission....what I really like about this game is you can make it as short or as long as you want it. I always rode through the Kingdom to my destinations (after you hit each city once you can go straight there) and I liked trying to find all the extras, save all the people, do the time trials with the informers, etc... You go to Jerusalem, Acre and Damascus a total of 3 times each (each time hitting a different area of the city...poor, rich, middle). The middle district has a lot of beggars, drunks and crazies...plus a ton more people walking around. You are pretty much on red alert and have to be very careful not to get bumped or the guards will come running after you. Then after you do that you go to one more destination to try and meet up with King Richard....then it's back to the Assassin Headquarters in the first town you start off in for the final battle.

Last edited:
Got my Assassin's Creed figure yesterday. The lighting sucks and it was really hard to get a pic of his face because of the hood...it turned out very blurry so I won't even bother posting it. If I remember in the morning, I'll try to take better pics....but here are two for now. The paint apps are nice...it's not poseable...but he's in a good pose. :)
IMG_1821.jpg
IMG_1820.jpg

Got my Assassin's Creed figure yesterday. The lighting sucks and it was really hard to get a pic of his face because of the hood...it turned out very blurry so I won't even bother posting it. If I remember in the morning, I'll try to take better pics....but here are two for now. The paint apps are nice...it's not poseable...but he's in a good pose. :)
IMG_1821.jpg
IMG_1820.jpg
Hey.. Still Looks Great!!!Love mine too!!!:rotfl

Still waiting for mine. What would rate the fig as?
On a scale of 1-10...probably an 8-8.5. If it was poseable, 9.5. :) It really does look nice, I've just never had a figure quite like this one....it's total plastic..PVC..and this is my first figure made of that material. Not sure if I like it...but it works pretty well for this figure...it has nice detail and the paint job is very good. No blemishes at all.

Hey ain't you supposed to be recuperating :lol:lol:lol
glad to see your on the mend matey

Thanks for the info, Jen. I don't know if I can even set up my PS3 online right now. I currently connect to the modem with USB as the motherboard doesn't have a ethernet card slot. So, I wonder if it would still work if I connect an ethernet cable to the modem, then to the router and then another ethernet cable from the router to the PS3...

Like Jen said, there's side things to do. But ultimately this is where the game really loses steam is its repetitive nature...you'll be doing the SAME thing and following the SAME ways for the assassination missions.

The game is supposed to be a trilogy so hopefully Ubisoft will work better on the next one. I was the same way in which I got bored of the missions to the point where I would do about 2 missions and then stop playing for a 2-3 weeks...I just beat the game last week cause I was getting bored as well.

Thanks for the info, Jen. I don't know if I can even set up my PS3 online right now. I currently connect to the modem with USB as the motherboard doesn't have a ethernet card slot. So, I wonder if it would still work if I connect an ethernet cable to the modem, then to the router and then another ethernet cable from the router to the PS3...

I have my PS3 connected by an ethernet cable directly to my router (my modem only has one ethernet output and that goes directly to the router. So what you are doing, is exactly how I have mine set up and it works great. :D

Like Jen said, there's side things to do. But ultimately this is where the game really loses steam is its repetitive nature...you'll be doing the SAME thing and following the SAME ways for the assassination missions.

The game is supposed to be a trilogy so hopefully Ubisoft will work better on the next one. I was the same way in which I got bored of the missions to the point where I would do about 2 missions and then stop playing for a 2-3 weeks...I just beat the game last week cause I was getting bored as well.

Looking back, now that I haven't played the game in a couple weeks, I can see how it could get boring and repetitive. As I said earlier, I played this game through 4 times back to back....but to break it up a bit, one time through I tried killing as many people as possible (including civilians) without getting caught...another time through I only killed the few guards taunting the civilians that you rescue (none of the ones that might have turned up during the fight...only the original ones) and only the main assassin target...none of his bodyguards or city guards....that made it a bit more interesting. Like pretty much everyone else, I hope Ubisoft offers a more diverse gaming experience with the sequel.....mix up the side missions more so they aren't always the same....but regardless, I still really loved this game. :)

Yeah,the game is really cool an beautiful to look at,but it just feels like it's missing 1 or 2 things.

Thanks again for the help, Jen. Come to find out, my computer actually does have an ethernet port, so I got all that sorted out. My router is wired, so can I use any ethernet/CAT 5 cable to hook up the PS3 to the router or does it have to be the one that came with the PS3?

Thanks again for the help, Jen. Come to find out, my computer actually does have an ethernet port, so I got all that sorted out. My router is wired, so can I use any ethernet/CAT 5 cable to hook up the PS3 to the router or does it have to be the one that came with the PS3?

I bought a used PS3 that came with no cables. I picked up a cheap ethernet cable at RadioShack and I've had no problem. I don't know about a CAT 5 cable though....I think for getting it online, only an ethernet will work....but I really don't know...because as well as not getting any cables/controllers with my PS3, I also did not get any instructions. :lol

Looking at a pic of a CAT 5 cable...is it an ethernet cable?? It looks the same as what I have...I'm really not computer/tech savvy. :lol :lol

I bought a used PS3 that came with no cables. I picked up a cheap ethernet cable at RadioShack and I've had no problem. I don't know about a CAT 5 cable though....I think for getting it online, only an ethernet will work....but I really don't know...because as well as not getting any cables/controllers with my PS3, I also did not get any instructions. :lol

Looking at a pic of a CAT 5 cable...is it the same as an ethernet?? It looks the same...I'm really not computer/tech savvy. :lol :lol

Yeah, Category 5 cables are just regular ethernet cables

Oops, the package says CAT 6 not 5. Is that still okay? Thanks for the help!

Well according to wikipedia, it should work. :D Only one way to find out....plug that baby in!!!

Another website posted this:
Cat 6, short for Category 6, is a cable standard used mainly for Ethernet computer networking...

Back