PureArts: Assassin’s Creed Desmond 1/6 Scale Articulated Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
£325 not including shipping. You can pay roughly the same for one of Damtoys' RE figures which look better in almost every respect and come with an absolute ton of accessories. Boggles the mind that Ubi let Dam lose the license and gave it to these guys.

This is the prototype... if they choose a good china factory (damtoys used the same that use hot toys) it can turn out good.
If they use the same factory that thirdy party company use the figure turn out trash and should cost 160 $ like redman
Not true completely true. It’s been said that DamToys and Hot Toys only share the same factory for the clothing (which InArt apparently also shares), but not for anything else that we know of.

Last edited:
It's embarassing tbh.
They should stick to doing statues, they're way too far behind.

Pure Arts needs to level up their 1/6 scale game or just quit making them.

Thats what I eventually did when I got my V figure from them.
The head sculpt came with a slight defect on the nose, some sort of small round indent. Contacted them about it, they told me it wasn't "that big a deal", and that it wasn't bad enough for them to send out a replacement. I paid 336 bucks for this figure, I kind of expect quality control to be better for that price.
So now I'm in the process of just repainting the entire sculpt myself. I kind of doubt it can end up looking much worse than it already does.

And it sucks for me too. Since I'm in Canada, and PA is a Canadian company, I'd definitely like to support them. But if the customer service and quality is this poor, then that company is absolutely begging to get **** on by collectors! And not to mention they used a crappy repainted $30 Poptoys body for the female V!
And I know I **** on SWtoys a lot too, but to their credit, their prices usually reflects the quality of the product most of the time.
Yeah theyre pretty **** all around. Sideshow had their Dragonborn in-stock for like a month before PA did which is ironic because I ordered directly from them so i could get it faster. I tried cancelling so I could order through Sideshow 2 weeks ago and they told me id have to eat the NRD even though the figure was delayed almost a year. Pretty ridiculous.

Nope.

I mean the prototype didn't look good and you still bought it anyway :lol
While I agree the prototype didnt look that great, it didnt look as bad. Also Skyrim is my favorite game so I wouldve purchased regardless, theres still a right here to **** on a bad product though.

I was pretty excited theres a new player on the field of 1/6 gaming figures at first. With good licences too, but.. god damn after female V from cyberpunk I bought I refuse to buy anything else. They srsly should stop. So glad I did not sold my dragonborne exclusive from gaming heads for their abomination.

While I agree the prototype didnt look that great, it didnt look as bad. Also Skyrim is my favorite game so I wouldve purchased regardless, theres still a right here to **** on a bad product though.
And that's exactly why they don't need to try, improve or change. People will just buy it anyway.

And that's exactly why they don't need to try, improve or change. People will just buy it anyway.
yeah that problem seems to be more and more prevalent as time goes on. Hot Toys is getting better now that they have some actual competition at least. But with most of these figures, its not like we have much of a choice, there will never be another Dragonborn ever again, licensed or not.

yeah that problem seems to be more and more prevalent as time goes on. Hot Toys is getting better now that they have some actual competition at least. But with most of these figures, its not like we have much of a choice, there will never be another Dragonborn ever again, licensed or not.
There was actually the unlicensed Dragonborn figure by CMToys that looked pretty good IMO. Better than PureArts' version at least. Unhelmeted headsculpt was eh, but the rest looked pretty nice and could've just picked up the PureArts headsculpt (and helmet if necessary) separately.

There was actually the unlicensed Dragonborn figure by CMToys that looked pretty good IMO. Better than PureArts' version at least. Unhelmeted headsculpt was eh, but the rest looked pretty nice and could've just picked up the PureArts headsculpt (and helmet if necessary) separately.
I remember that one from a couple years back, it was okay but a lot of the details were inaccurate to the game and like you said the sculpt was eh so i passed on it. It also had fur that was arguably even thicker than the PureArts version.

My fiancée is more of a fan of the franchise than I am. I’d consider getting an Ezio figure from one of the games but this.. nah.

I remember that one from a couple years back, it was okay but a lot of the details were inaccurate to the game and like you said the sculpt was eh so i passed on it. It also had fur that was arguably even thicker than the PureArts version.
that's fair. I've never played the game so idk about the accuracies of the outfit. Just going from pictures though, it looked more impressive than the PureArts figure. But again, that's coming from someone who knows nothing about the source material other than what game it's from :LOL:

I was pretty excited theres a new player on the field of 1/6 gaming figures at first. With good licences too, but.. god damn after female V from cyberpunk I bought I refuse to buy anything else. They srsly should stop. So glad I did not sold my dragonborne exclusive from gaming heads for their abomination.
Yeah, V was the one exception for me, but only because I knew I would be repainting it somewhere down the line (when I got a little better at repaints).
Well, that day finally came.
I'm not even close in skill level compared to a pro painter by any means, but I think I somehow might have still improved upon the original.
(I wanted my V to be a little closer to Lea Leonowicz's concept art from the game.)

V.jpg

Looks sooooo good. What methods did you use for the eyeshadow and eyebrows? tempted to pick one up even more now

Looks sooooo good. What methods did you use for the eyeshadow and eyebrows? tempted to pick one up even more now
Thanks!
I use a regular pencil to make a pattern first, and then just add in the rest with some pastels and black wash. It was a bit easier on this sculpt as well since the eyebrows are already molded onto it. The downside was that the weird nose defect is still visible, even after a full repaint. Still annoys me that PA thought it wasn't bad enough to warrant a replacement sculpt. I even offered to pay for it myself. lol

I suppose one could do something similar with Desmond as well. But it just doesn't make sense that anyone would even have to, with a price tag like that. It's just downright insane on PA's part. And I think they're justifying that price because of the chair or something.
Either way, this is one assassin I won't be getting.
With some luck, maybe we'll see Ekauz release some form of Kassandra or Brotherhood Ezio in the future.

Man they're trying to rival Star Ace.

I got the V and bike set for like $400 and even then it felt about $100 too expensive. I honestly just wanted the bike.

The most disappointing thing is the price. That chair probably added $100+ to this figure. & I have a feeling it’s going to look & feel like a $10 chair.

The figure actually looks ok to me. The light up apple seems cool. Something I don’t think DamToys would have done. Head sculpt isn’t thaaaat bad. The embossed wings logo on the back of the hoody is nice. Hopefully it goes on discount in a few years, so I can grab it.

While I did like the slimmer Desmond face over his puffy face, that headsculpt still looks odd to me. But those accessories look great. Is it worth the price for me? Definitely not.

Sad because I actually liked Desmond and would've loved a decent take on him.

Was it actually confirmed by Damtoys that Alexios will be their last Assassin's Creed figure?
I know PA has the license now too, but they've still both been releasing AC stuff at the same time.

Back