RAINMAN DX 1/6 FIGURES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urascal

Super Freak
Reaction score
What's up Freaks, I've been away for a little while and in my time away I realized Rainman one of the best in the game hasn't been popping up like he used to. Did he retire? What do you think the values of a DX Shining and DX Dracula are these days? If they were brand new in brown mailers. Those were 2 of his last epic figures since last time I was here.

He’s still active on Instagram. I believe he quit his full time job and now teaches sculpting etc.

Currently making some killer clockwork orange accessories and parts.

For both of those pieces you mention I think the going rate would be round $3-4k these days.

Rainman now works with Blitzway. The Freddie Mercury was his last public piece I believe, great sculpt but sadly way oversized.

Regarding value it's what ever people want to pay for his art. There's so many bootlegs of his work that many will settle for those but still alot of original art collectors who want the OG set. I saw a Dracula set recently sell for 2k guy struggled for a few months but sold on eBay.

It's sort of a funny thing because I'm not sure his work commands any value these days. You have two kinds of collectors, those who collect for the art aspect of it and those who collect for the best version of the character.

While a game changer and the Godfather of the birth of the custom market, all the characters he made have since been remade over many times with updated quality and detail as the standards and time have passed.

Each thing he made is still a work art but I honestly do not think anyone wants the work at all. I have a few of his old figures I am trying to sell at the price I paid which if you count inflation is less than I paid today. They have been sitting there for years. Nobody wants them.

It's sort of a funny thing because I'm not sure his work commands any value these days. You have two kinds of collectors, those who collect for the art aspect of it and those who collect for the best version of the character.

While a game changer and the Godfather of the birth of the custom market, all the characters he made have since been remade over many times with updated quality and detail as the standards and time have passed.

Each thing he made is still a work art but I honestly do not think anyone wants the work at all. I have a few of his old figures I am trying to sell at the price I paid which if you count inflation is less than I paid today. They have been sitting there for years. Nobody wants them.
Uhm....I was just recently offered $3,000 for my Rainman Psycho set. They are never on ebay. I'm pretty sure his stuff is still coveted.

Back