Noticed many old members banned. What happened actually?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

potato

Super Freak
Reaction score
i do check the forum on daily basis but when i am revisiting old threads for ideas on some of my old figures i noticed many members i recognized have their status banned. i mean from my memory they were pretty active and i formative in the respective threads but never noticed much malicious posts (probably due to mods actively cleaning up).

i already noticed a few in the metal gear thread just for example. since we cant see banned members profile i have no idea what they did to end up like that.

forum getting less active, sad to see more brothers and sister go down due to some mistake.

i do check the forum on daily basis but when i am revisiting old threads for ideas on some of my old figures i noticed many members i recognized have their status banned. i mean from my memory they were pretty active and i formative in the respective threads but never noticed much malicious posts (probably due to mods actively cleaning up).

i already noticed a few in the metal gear thread just for example. since we cant see banned members profile i have no idea what they did to end up like that.

forum getting less active, sad to see more brothers and sister go down due to some mistake.
Who?

Many were clogging up forums with nonsense political motivated hate stuff.

They posted so prolifically it made having conversations on the actual 1/6 items or film impossibe.

Of course , they got called on their BS and then would break forum rules....

It got tiring having to hear their nonsense all day on-a forum related to dolls....

like wellcqcbouthat in the mgs thread. just saw his youtube video of his collection posted years ago and it was impressive. dont remember him posting negative stuffs.
not sure who he was referring to as being banned for political stuff but no idea who actually was banned myself. maybe it was the folk trying to discuss a certain toy retailer who we aren't allowed to discuss for some reason as the threads get nuked.

If you're referring to the Metal Gear thread specifically, I remember there being a few people who posted in the video game forum that really didn't like how this forum was run, so they started their own forum, then PMd people here telling them about the new forum, trying to get members here to stop posting and join their new forum. So, I think they all got banned for doing that.

I'd imagine they treat their bans as a badge of honor.

like wellcqcbouthat in the mgs thread. just saw his youtube video of his collection posted years ago and it was impressive. dont remember him posting negative stuffs.
That whole tarbrained crowd was so belligerently obnoxious, that eventually someone could not resist triggering them so severely that their primate response escalated past a point from which they were never able to pull back. Enough of them ended up banned that they mass exodused to another site where they could resume the circlejerk without fear of being persecuted for who they are. As I understand, they’re now living their best life, under a bridge, with their extra hard dolls.

Last edited:

I was out of the hobby for a long time, and when I came back circa 2022, Delta Force Chung was still here. He replied to some of my posts in the GI Joe Classified thread. Then I saw he was banned. Then I heard news on OSW he passed away. If people run into some of his old posts on occasion, that might be how they end up remembering him, because it's listed right under his avatar ( I'm not judging the ban, maybe he did something that forced that pathway for good)

It's actually pretty sad in a way, that it's how some people will first consider when they run into an old post of his here. And that's not their fault either. Just some thoughts.

I was out of the hobby for a long time, and when I came back circa 2022, Delta Force Chung was still here. He replied to some of my posts in the GI Joe Classified thread. Then I saw he was banned. Then I heard news on OSW he passed away. If people run into some of his old posts on occasion, that might be how they end up remembering him, because it's listed right under his avatar ( I'm not judging the ban, maybe he did something that forced that pathway for good)

It's actually pretty sad in a way, that it's how some people will first consider when they run into an old post of his here. And that's not their fault either. Just some thoughts.
well when i see something like that i wouldnt immediately think they violated some rules, since we cant see their post history via profile we dont know. could be his account was just closed or something and ban is just a standard status for members no longer available on site.

I remember DFC from the OSW days (in fact, I was putting together some items for a trade he very excited about before he passed, never got the chance to do the deal so he didn't get to use the items before he left us sadly) but there were times closer to the end where he got unreasonably combative and insulting to folk. we speculated as to what was going on but AFAIK we never got an actual answer at the time as to what was going on in his life that led to the personality change, but he must have been dealing with some serious stuff. he got a bunch of temporary posting bans on one or two platforms IIRC but I didn't realise he was perma-banned here.

A posthumous unbanning if possible might be a nice nod to one of the old time members who really was a fixture in the hobby for so long.

Most, if not all, of the bans I have noticed have been culture war warriors, who got triggered by something progressive and went on a rant, again and again and again. Then there was Ducky!
1701185165019.gif

Some self-exiled members are still around and occasionally post, while others just lurk. While I was modding here for a short time, I also noticed there were banned members who consistently tried to get back into the forums on a bi-weekly basis. They were always caught due to Asta’s well-trained intuition of sniffing them out, but I’m not sure about now.

Back in 2019, I asked to have WellCQC’s ban reversed - on account of him being a big collector of MGS figures. But, I guess Dave just didn’t want to deal with him anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back