Media Assassin's Creed UNITY (PS4,X1,PC)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes even less sense when you consider the fact that each new game is basically just a new skin for the same old gameplay and mission types, with some minor tweaks and adjustments thrown in. So the basic game doesn't change all that much no matter where it happens to be set.

It makes no sense, so you have a euro centric series, but hey let's randomly move if to Japan.

What does 'euro-centric' mean in this case?

I was in the holy lands.
III was in America.
IV was in the Caribbean.

Really its only the Ezio trilogy that was Euro-centric (and even Revelations was set in Istanbul/Constantinople)

Feudal Japan would of been awesome for an Assassins Creed. When I heard mention of it in Black flag, I got really excited. Sadly it wasn't this one. An assassins creed set during WWII would be awesome though.

As excited as I am for this one, the combat still looks stiff and more of the same wait to counter everyone. With all the attention paid to making the climbing and parkour more fluid, they really should have done something about this. That's really my only complaint about anything we have seen for this.

Put me in the Feudal Japan camp as well. It seems so obvious, that it's kind of a shame they are dragging their feet on it. I also want a game set in ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece, and maybe some other part of Africa. Basically I say ditch the modern storyline, and just tell us of how this war spread, and has been fought throughout the centuries.

3 put me off of the series and therefore, I've not played 4. I like the look of this, but after the whole watch_dogs thing last year where the demo looked better than the final product, I'm sketchy of all Ubisoft games going forward.

I haven't played 3 but Black flag is amazing. One of the most varied games I've ever played, there's so much to do, all fun.

Sometimes in games you have a home or base to customize and upgrade but upgrading the Pirate Ship has been the best of any of those imo

After seeing the trailer at E3 I notice a change in the game which the series is in dire need of in my opinion. I was pleasantly surprised when watching it. I traded in Black Flag because it was completely recycled from previous games. I really hope I'm right with this one and that it breathes a breath of fresh air into the series.

What does 'euro-centric' mean in this case?

I was in the holy lands.
III was in America.
IV was in the Caribbean.

Really its only the Ezio trilogy that was Euro-centric (and even Revelations was set in Istanbul/Constantinople)
We'll seeing how the first was dying the crusades, which was done by the English and Templar knights where European there you go.

IV was in America fighting who oh that's right the English.

i never played black flag but seeing how pirates attached European ships I am going venture that's who you attack in black flag.

so as I said euro centric.

We'll seeing how the first was dying the crusades, which was done by the English and Templar knights where European there you go.

IV was in America fighting who oh that's right the English.

i never played black flag but seeing how pirates attached European ships I am going venture that's who you attack in black flag.

so as I said euro centric.

Altair would be considered middle eastern.
Connor is Native American.
Ezio is Italian.
Edward is British.
And the new guy is French.

But wait: Adewale is African. And Aveline de Grandpre is French/African. And Desmond(arguably the main protagonist) is American. These games seem to be taking a more global worldview. In Ezio's home we learn of Assassins from other countries not in Europe.

Altair would be considered middle eastern.
Connor is Native American.
Ezio is Italian.
Edward is British.
And the new guy is French.

But wait: Adewale is African. And Aveline de Grandpre is French/African. And Desmond(arguably the main protagonist) is American. These games seem to be taking a more global worldview. In Ezio's home we learn of Assassins from other countries not in Europe.
But the all deal with the Templars they are European. Also there was little to no European contact in Feudal Japan until the end. I have never said the assassins were European nor the locations but the story is still very Euro centric with everything going back to the Templars

But the all deal with the Templars they are European. Also there was little to no European contact in Feudal Japan until the end. I have never said the assassins were European nor the locations but the story is still very Euro centric with everything going back to the Templars

True. I guess a better counterpoint would have been that they have already shown the "war" existing in Ancient Egypt, which didn't have much interaction with Europe until Alexander the Great. I guess selfishly I just want to see other parts of the world and other cultures depicted. They did such a beautiful job with Renaissance Italy, I would love to see that detail applied to Feudal Japan, or Ancient Egypt, heck I would love to see them adapt the Romance of the Three Kingdoms into their story somehow. So much of history to play with. The worst thing they could do in my opinion is keep heading toward the modern day. The less guns play into this series the better.

I can see a similar type game working for other times and places but the story arc they are on won't work. I love how it's all connected to the Templars and tying them into real historical event's where their involvement is plausible.

After seeing the trailer at E3 I notice a change in the game which the series is in dire need of in my opinion. I was pleasantly surprised when watching it. I traded in Black Flag because it was completely recycled from previous games. I really hope I'm right with this one and that it breathes a breath of fresh air into the series.

Well the last game I played before Blag flag was Brotherhood and in that comparison I found it more than different enough

I think a Japanese-based AC game could easily work in late 1800's when Japan became more modern and extinguished the samurai (like the LAst Samurai film, which was based on the real life revolution). With all the powers-at-be having stake in the growing nation of Japan, it would make perfect sense that through business, monopolies and religion that the templars would plant their seeds there. A ninja or samurai can learn of the treachery and eventually lead a life as part of the AC Order. It practically writes itself, especially with the Chinese assassin already being introduced in the animated film that shows Ezio's last days as well as all the statues of glorified assassins in the headquarters in the villa, they were from ALL different cultures including Egyptian. Some aspects of this game might be similar to ACIII, but it doesn't have to be.

As far as Egypt, aside form what I said above, an Egyptian assassin can exist at any time. Sure, the christianity aspect may not be there if it's ancient times, but the pieces of Eden can easily be a huge part of the central story. Religion is just a mask to hide this alien power in these games anyway. So, rather, it might actually provide an even more direct link to the Beings Who Came Before since they were easily misinterpreted as gods and goddesses in those mythologies anyway.

There's a making of video of this on IGN's live stream:

Looks like there's finally going to be co-op. Ubi also said that you can enter building this time. AI seems to be greatly improved; crowds will react more accordingly based on your actions (eg. crowds of thousands will run away at the sound of gunfire).

Last edited:
Back