Media Assassins Creed Rogue - Xbox 360 & PS3 Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've started playing Rogue on the Xbox360.
I have a 360 and PS4 but Rogue's story just spoke to my interest way more than Unity.
I've had enough of large cities in AC games .... my favorite things in the last couple of years have been the American Frontier and the ability to free sail around the ocean. It combines the best parts of the AC3 and AC4 in that regard.

If you hated AC3 and 4 for those reasons, then Rogue is probably not for you :)
It does tie directly heavily into the Assassins vs Templar theme though, for the people that didn't like that AC4 had almost nothing to do with it....

Sailing in the north Atlantic has some cool additions with iceburgs, ice sheets, etc... some new ship fighting mechanics including the ability for the AI to actually ram your ship and board you!, new ship weapons, etc....

The storyline seems like it has potential so far. Definitely a slow burn though!
I'm like 6-7 hours in (including sailing around a little for fun) and I still haven't even gotten to the twist/turn.

I have a 360 and PS4 but Rogue's story just spoke to my interest way more than Unity.
I've had enough of large cities in AC games .... my favorite things in the last couple of years have been the American Frontier and the ability to free sail around the ocean. It combines the best parts of the AC3 and AC4 in that regard.

It does tie directly heavily into the Assassins vs Templar theme though, for the people that didn't like that AC4 had almost nothing to do with it....

Sailing in the north Atlantic has some cool additions with iceburgs, ice sheets, etc... some new ship fighting mechanics including the ability for the AI to actually ram your ship and board you!, new ship weapons, etc....

The storyline seems like it has potential so far. Definitely a slow burn though!
I'm like 6-7 hours in (including sailing around a little for fun) and I still haven't even gotten to the twist/turn.

Nice!! Thanks for you input. I think I'll pick this one up in a few weeks. I'm hoping there'll be a Black Friday deal on this one, and since I'm going through my backlog I won't really be able to get into this one for a while anyways.

I loved 4 is it just as good? Acting wise, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice!! Thanks for you input. I think I'll pick this one up in a few weeks. I'm hoping there'll be a Black Friday deal on this one, and since I'm going through my backlog I won't really be able to get into this one for a while anyways.
I loved 4 is it just as good? Acting wise, etc.

No prob, guys.

Is it just as good as 4?
I'd say so, as I said the sailing/ocean gameplay has improved.
... I prefer the sunny, tropical jungles and beaches of Caribbean (I mean who doesn't right?) but I will say that the level design of the oceans, islands and especially forts, of the frigid untamed North seems way more intricate than the repeating forts AC4 used over and over again. This isn't a rushed level design for a sub-par game ...serious effort and detail went into it!

Am 14% through the story and past the 'twist beginning' now ...and wow is that done well !! I thought it would be something simple but its one of the most memorable moments of the series to me.

The game also has the 'free the city/take the fort' gameplay from earlier games ....I loved that as well.
It really is a greatest hits gameplay selection from earlier games.

Oh yeah, most impressively to me ....is this game ties AC4, Roge, AC3 all together in one long storyline .... I'd read that characters from 3 and 4 would appear but I figured as cameos, not as a central part of the game.

This basically makes a second trilogy. The Ezio trilogy is sold as a combined package and this really makes (to me at least) an even cooler 100yr 'new world' trilogy.

Got pretty far into this game....pretty disappointed. Started out well but gets very redundant. The missions get very stale the environments are nothing special. I thought the story would be darker and I thought, with you being on the other side, the final stages would be dynamic and feel more like a punch in the gut but its very reserved and falls flat of the impact it should feel.

It gets bland fast. Maybe the Chinese assassins creed will be the one that doesn't disappoint...only shot I have left.

Got pretty far into this game....pretty disappointed. Started out well but gets very redundant. The missions get very stale the environments are nothing special. I thought the story would be darker and I thought, with you being on the other side, the final stages would be dynamic and feel more like a pinch in the gut but its very reserved and falls flat of the impact it should feel.

It gets bland fast. Maybe the Chinese assassins creed will be the one that doesn't disappoint...only shot I have left.

I'll wait for a sale so, I'm a massive fan but tired of paying mental prices for games that just let you down,

Got pretty far into this game....pretty disappointed. Started out well but gets very redundant. The missions get very stale the environments are nothing special. I thought the story would be darker and I thought, with you being on the other side, the final stages would be dynamic and feel more like a punch in the gut but its very reserved and falls flat of the impact it should feel.

I'm still early on so haven't hit a disappointment point yet :)

But I am surprised my completion % is already reading 22% ....I really haven't done that much, the game must be half the length storyline wise of 3 or 4 to be up that high already...

I'll wait for a sale so, I'm a massive fan but tired of paying mental prices for games that just let you down,

This seems like a good idea lately. The only series that I think I'll buy on day one are the Batman Arkham, God of War, and Zelda. Other than that from now on I think I'll wait for a price drop.

I think there's a bug in the game..i got the Templar outfit from the old-couple but 20 min into the game its gone, already 3hrs into the game and cant fine it..HELP

I think there's a bug in the game..i got the Templar outfit from the old-couple but 20 min into the game its gone, already 3hrs into the game and cant fine it..HELP

Isn't it mental how many bugs games are released with now, I just picked the game up on Black Friday and so far it's a bit meh [emoji20]

Back