Assassin's Creed Could be a Possibility

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SepticFlesh

Super Freak
Reaction score
Actor "Michael Fassbender" (he played the character of the Android "David" in Prometheus) just may get the chance to play the main character in what could possibly be a movie based on the game "Assassin's Creed".

Sounds cool I just hope Hollyweird doesn't screw it up and make it look like another Prince of Persia movie, lol. I thought this Actor was perfect in Prometheus I have no doubt he can pull it off.
Anyway for those interested here is a link with some information:

https://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/10/22/assassins-creed-michael-fassbender-movie/

Videogame publisher Ubisoft has been developing a film based on Assassin’s Creed, the critically-acclaimed videogame franchise known for its historically accurate Renaissance politics and for its rotating cast of sad-eyed roof-jumping ninja monks. Over the summer, Ubisoft announced that it was officially partnering with possible superhuman Michael Fassbender to play the lead in the movie — although given that Assassin’s Creed takes place across several time periods, it was entirely possible that Fassbender was playing multiple characters, each with their own unique accent and rippling six-pack. But although Fassbender’s Assassin’s Creed sounded good in theory — especially when you nicknamed it Fassassin’s Creed in your head — it seemed unlikely that the movie would ever get made. The last time a videogame company took such an active role in the creation of a game adaptation, it was with Microsoft’s Halo movie, which had a producer (Peter Jackson) and a director (Neill Blomkamp) and a writer (Alex Garland) and a pair of studios (Universal, 20th Century Fox) — indeed, everything a movie could possibly need, except for an actual movie.

But Assassin’s Creed is still in motion. Today, Ubisoft announced an official partnership with New Regency, the production company behind Man on Fire, Love & Other Drugs, and Darren Aronofsky’s upcoming Noah. New Regency also produced next year’s 12 Years a Slave, which stars Fassbender. In a press release, Ubisoft CEO Jean-Julien Baronnet said, “Bringing aboard New Regency’s renowned production and distribution expertise while maintaining our own creative and financial flexibility ensures that Assassin’s Creed will be a high-quality film that respects the lore and fans of the video game franchise.”

It’s unclear whether the film would be an adaptation of the first Assassin’s Creed — which follows an assassin in the Middle East during the Crusades, a setting that could be a bit controversial — or the more popular Assassin’s Creed II, which is set in 15th Century Italy and features lovable sidekick Leonardo da Vinci.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back